Thread: Park ranger shoots man with stun gun for walking dogs off-leash

Park ranger shoots man with stun gun for walking dogs off-leash

Article.

Well, at least she's breaking California's modus operandi of using live ammo on innocent victims of police abuse...

Couple of observations:

1. Don't lie.

2. Know your rights. If you're not required to given name/ID, then don't. If you are required to remain when asked by a law enforcement officer to remain, then do so.

I'm glad the charges were dropped.

However, this expanded article underscores the absolute imperative to PREVENT the National Park Service from taking control of our lands.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Another thread on this topic

Hesterberg allegedly refused to provide the ranger with printed identification, and she realized he had told her a false name when she called dispatchers to verify, Levitt said. While she was on the telephone, "the man failed to heed repeated orders to remain at the scene" and the ranger used her Taser, he said.

Kevin Cochary said Hesterberg was "not compliant, tried to run away and lied to the investigating ranger about his name." Yahoo Story
    Laying it on thick. The rangerette blew, the chief ranger knows it, and the dude needs to get a lawyer and start shopping for a new yacht.

San Mateo County sheriff's deputies and paramedics then arrived and Hesterberg gave his real name, the park spokesman said. The SFGate Story
    Get the sheriff's and paramedics as witnesses. That would be sweet irony.

The rangers are contradicting their own story. The witness will be invaluable in a civil suit. I did not read where the charges were dropped.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

CBS SF News Story

This story is great. Was the dude even on federal land?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare