• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Park ranger shoots man with stun gun for walking dogs off-leash

since9

Campaign Veteran
Article.

Well, at least she's breaking California's modus operandi of using live ammo on innocent victims of police abuse...

Couple of observations:

1. Don't lie.

2. Know your rights. If you're not required to given name/ID, then don't. If you are required to remain when asked by a law enforcement officer to remain, then do so.

I'm glad the charges were dropped.

However, this expanded article underscores the absolute imperative to PREVENT the National Park Service from taking control of our lands.

OC for ME

Another thread on this topic

Hesterberg allegedly refused to provide the ranger with printed identification, and she realized he had told her a false name when she called dispatchers to verify, Levitt said. While she was on the telephone, "the man failed to heed repeated orders to remain at the scene" and the ranger used her Taser, he said.

Kevin Cochary said Hesterberg was "not compliant, tried to run away and lied to the investigating ranger about his name." Yahoo Story
Laying it on thick. The rangerette blew, the chief ranger knows it, and the dude needs to get a lawyer and start shopping for a new yacht.

San Mateo County sheriff's deputies and paramedics then arrived and Hesterberg gave his real name, the park spokesman said. The SFGate Story
Get the sheriff's and paramedics as witnesses. That would be sweet irony.

The rangers are contradicting their own story. The witness will be invaluable in a civil suit. I did not read where the charges were dropped.