• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recall Petitions Finally Posted by GAB

Viper

The GAB finally posted the recall petitions. I have looked through pages 1-50 so far and made the following observances, be they true or not:

1. Most pages are not full of signatures, several have only 1 on the page.
2. Many signatures look like children wrote them, or the individual was under the influence of something.

The site is extremely slow, must be getting a lot of hits.

You can find them at: http://webapps.wi.gov/sites/recall/default.aspx

Enjoy,
Rick

Sorcice

As bad as the handwriting is i'm guessing that has less to do with being under the influence than having decent penmanship. I personally have horrible penmanship and rarely if ever hand write anything but my name or the date. It's been at least 5 years since I've done more than that lol. It's really a generational thing. Now it's much faster and legible to type it vs write it.

rimmer

I looked through a bunch of the pages and I concluded, with all the Madison signatures, Madison must be about a million people.

PakRatJR

I don't know how critically or closely the GAB actually looks at these, but I did a "quick" browse through the first 100 and had more than a few that caught my eye as being a bit suspicious. Or at least a bit strange.

Also had the thought that if they are going on the number of petitions turned in for the "estimated" number of signatures, I think they will be a bit disappointed when they start counting the actual correct signatures. :lol: