Thread: Weekly NOVA Open Carry Breakfast 0900 on Sunday(s) at Coney Island Diner - Ashburn

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Weekly NOVA Open Carry Breakfast 0900 on Sunday(s) at Coney Island Diner - Ashburn

Our weekly VA Open Carry Breakfast 0900 on Sunday(s) at Coney Island Diner - Ashburn

Check Facebookfor details and RSVP:
    http://tiny.cc/novabreakfast
    Last edited by ed; 02-12-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: url change
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Ed, you need to keep the URL updated in the initial post since you change the Facebook title of your breakfast every week to reflect the new date. The one you now have posted goes into a black hole since the event is over and deleted. Plus, a Facebook query won't pull up the following week's event until it gets enough hits for the search spider to find it....e.g., a search this morning on "Our weekly VA open carry" comes up with "No results found for your query."

I'm sure an IT guy like you can figure out how to one-click-lead OCDO readers to the breakfast information without having to edit the thread every week.

Or take the easy way out and just delete the Facebook link all together and put a location map pointer in the post. But then you won't get RSVPs from OCDO members who aren't regular attendees. And you'll piss off people when they don't get the word on a location and/or date change like we had during the December holiday season.

But I'll help you out for this coming Sunday since I'll be there as always:

Ed's 02/12/2012 NoVA Breakfast

It is a weekly breakfast no matter the links and posts.. the RSVP's are easier to track on Facebook.

Thanks,

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1 View Post
    Ed, you need to keep the URL updated
    URL will remain the name now.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

It was nice to have our county sheriff at our weekly open carry breakfast today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mike at breakfast.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	7993
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

I will have AR15 Raffle tickets at breakfast tomorrow if you don't wanna buy them online.. http://loudouncountyfriendsofnra.org
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Big Breakfast crowd today.. we were on the other side of the restaurant too!

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Man, I have got to make it to one of these. Great crowd there Ed.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Nice crowd, Ed! You must be spreading the OC message in Loudoun County a big way.

With a core following like that, your Friends of NRA banquet should to be on track be a huge success.

Guess the diner is a pretty safe place for Sunday morning breakfast, huh?

BTW, how about correcting that typo on the website 'Save the Date' page.
    Daily carry: SIG P229 .40 S&W

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    how about correcting that typo on the website 'Save the Date' page.
    What typo?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    What typo?
    I believe he is referring to the last line where it says "any and al" (rather than all).
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I believe he is referring to the last line where it says "any and al" (rather than all).
    That was fixed.. a reload/refresh will show the repair.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Both the AR and Kimber raffle drawings will be held at this Sunday's breakfast.. and more raffles on the way. We are expecting a VIP to draw the winning numbers.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Since Easter is this SUNDAY, breakfast will be on Saturday at 0900. We will draw the winner for the Mossberg Shotgun raffle. Only 10 tickets left! http://VirginiaGunRafffle.com
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Since Easter is this SUNDAY, breakfast will be on Saturday at 0900. We will draw the winner for the Mossberg Shotgun raffle. Only 10 tickets left! http://VirginiaGunRafffle.com
    I went to http://virginiagunraffle.com and didn't a way to buy a ticket (I clicked around). Ideas?
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Quote Originally Posted by 230therapy View Post
    I went to http://virginiagunraffle.com and didn't a way to buy a ticket (I clicked around). Ideas?
    I don't understand your question. Are you asking HOW TO BUY A RAFFLE TICKET? Go to the page http://virginiagunraffle.com, scroll to the bottom, add the tickets you want to your "cart" and then "check-out". <shrug>
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

I don't understand your question. Are you asking HOW TO BUY A RAFFLE TICKET? Go to the page http://virginiagunraffle.com, scroll to the bottom, add the tickets you want to your "cart" and then "check-out". <shrug>
    I had similar trouble seeing the section showing the actual ticket purchase using Firefox as a browser. When I switched over to Explorer, I was able to see it fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tritonguy View Post
    I had similar trouble seeing the section showing the actual ticket purchase using Firefox as a browser. When I switched over to Explorer, I was able to see it fine.
    It works in IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari (is all I tested)
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Just announced! I just got off the phone with Kecia Brown, David Long and Brian Reynolds.. and we have decided, this Sunday, at Our weekly VA Open Carry Breakfast 04/15 at Coney Island Diner SUN at 0900, we will draw the Sterling Arsenal SAR-XV in 6.8mm. 150 tickets total to be sold, but we are drawing Sunday whether we sell them all or not!! Good Luck! http://VirginiaGunRaffle.com
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

At this Sunday's breakfast (8/19) Virginia State Senator Mark Obenshain (also running for Virginia Attorney General) will draw the winner of the Kimber Ultra Crimson .45 ACP. The video of the draw will be posted at http://VirginiaGunRaffle.com
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

VCDL President Philip Van Cleave will be the guest number picker at this Sunday's raffle drawing.
    -
    Gun rights, gun safety and gun training are so important to Philip Van Cleave, President of the VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League), that he is willing to travel to Our Weekly Open Carry Breakfast - Ashburn Coney Island Diner 8/26 at 9AM in Northern Virginia to draw the winning ticket for one of the guns being raffled to support the Loudoun County Friends of NRA. Virginia gun owners of all ages and walks of life are commonly members of both the NRA and the VCDL. Which gun will be drawn? It is up to YOU guys.. the closest one to selling out!
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -