• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekly NOVA Open Carry Breakfast 0900 on Sunday(s) at Coney Island Diner - Ashburn

Bob1

Ed, you need to keep the URL updated in the initial post since you change the Facebook title of your breakfast every week to reflect the new date. The one you now have posted goes into a black hole since the event is over and deleted. Plus, a Facebook query won't pull up the following week's event until it gets enough hits for the search spider to find it....e.g., a search this morning on "Our weekly VA open carry" comes up with "No results found for your query."

I'm sure an IT guy like you can figure out how to one-click-lead OCDO readers to the breakfast information without having to edit the thread every week. :lol:

Or take the easy way out and just delete the Facebook link all together and put a location map pointer in the post. But then you won't get RSVPs from OCDO members who aren't regular attendees. And you'll piss off people when they don't get the word on a location and/or date change like we had during the December holiday season.

But I'll help you out for this coming Sunday since I'll be there as always:

Ed's 02/12/2012 NoVA Breakfast

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Big Breakfast crowd today.. we were on the other side of the restaurant too!

bigbreakfast.jpg

Felix

Nice crowd, Ed! You must be spreading the OC message in Loudoun County a big way.

With a core following like that, your Friends of NRA banquet should to be on track be a huge success.

Guess the diner is a pretty safe place for Sunday morning breakfast, huh? :lol:

BTW, how about correcting that typo on the website 'Save the Date' page. :idea:

tritonguy

I don't understand your question. Are you asking HOW TO BUY A RAFFLE TICKET? Go to the page http://virginiagunraffle.com, scroll to the bottom, add the tickets you want to your "cart" and then "check-out". <shrug>

I had similar trouble seeing the section showing the actual ticket purchase using Firefox as a browser. When I switched over to Explorer, I was able to see it fine.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Just announced! I just got off the phone with Kecia Brown, David Long and Brian Reynolds.. and we have decided, this Sunday, at Our weekly VA Open Carry Breakfast 04/15 at Coney Island Diner SUN at 0900, we will draw the Sterling Arsenal SAR-XV in 6.8mm. 150 tickets total to be sold, but we are drawing Sunday whether we sell them all or not!! Good Luck! http://VirginiaGunRaffle.com