• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FBI cuts down Mass. mom's door in wrong-home raid

Aknazer

There are about 6 people in Texas with my exact name. :shocker:

The closest people to having the same name as me in the US/world are my dad and my son. And we all have different middle names/initials so I don't have to worry about them looking for someone else unless they're either after my dad or 10mo son and they forget to check the middle name/initial.

Gunslinger

This is the FBI, folks... the same FBI that took almost two years to find well-known Patty Hearst with photographs of her, and knowledge of the group into which she had been conscripted/recruited! As with most government agencies, they are not known for their efficiency or precision of action. Pax...

But they are experts at murdering innocent women and children by burning them alive at Waco or shooting them in the back at Ruby Ridge. The fbi does have it's notable heroes though. j edgar prancing around in a dress and of course their poster boy, bobby hanssen. Murder, treason, theft of handguns, computers and other equipment, and stupidity. Great legacy. America's "police" force. Sieg heil!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Thats the thing, if someone sends a chainsaw through my door I will send some 124grs back. Of course I probably would have gotten gunned down in my own home, but there was no way of knowing who that was on the other side of the door. But you could easily guess that it wasn't your neighbor asking for sugar, or girl scouts.

Whaddya mean? All the girl scouts on my block use chainsaws...

I'd call 911, both to get a confirmation as well to make damned sure what goes does is officially recorded.

Similar situation happened in my apartment complex back in July, '09, with local S.W.A.T. knocking in a door one floor below then using a flash-bang. Around 9am. I thought someone had knocked in a door and the occupant responded with a shotgun. I had 911 on the line before the flash-bang went off, and within 20 seconds they told me it was a S.W.A.T. raid and to remain inside.

That would not have been enough time to receive verification before they entered my own home, however!

I suppose if I see a chain saw tip sticking through my door I could always take the crowbar I keep next to the door and jab the chisel into the chainsaw. Might even break the cutting chain. :lol: It's either than or through a tangle mess of fine diameter steel cable at it. :banana: Wouldn't that be interesting, their chainsaw becoming fouled enough they can't even yank it back through the door?

Hell, they might even have to knock and announce they're police with a warrant, LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO.

All judges who allow no-knock warrants need to be on the receiving end of one of those puppies, just to see what it feels like.