• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attn: SERPA Paddle Holster Users

amlevin

After 5 years of almost daily use the "Paddle" broke on my SERPA holster. I started to place an order for a replacement but thought "what the heck, why not see if Blackhawk sells a replacement paddle only".

I contacted them using their "info" contact on their website asking if the part was available and where I might purchase it. Much to my surprise they are now sending me a replacement paddle FREE of CHARGE.

I figure that Customer Service like that deserves to be shared.

The holster itself, along with the retention device are still rock solid. The paddle just broke where it flexes most when put on and taken off.

Lammo

After 5 years of almost daily use the "Paddle" broke on my SERPA holster. I started to place an order for a replacement but thought "what the heck, why not see if Blackhawk sells a replacement paddle only".

I contacted them using their "info" contact on their website asking if the part was available and where I might purchase it. Much to my surprise they are now sending me a replacement paddle FREE of CHARGE.

The holster itself, along with the retention device are still rock solid. The paddle just broke where it flexes most when put on and taken off.

I had the exact same experience - - figured I would have to buy a new paddle and ended up with a free replacement. I know some people don't like these holsters but you cannot beat service like this.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Good to know. I have 4 Serpas, all with paddles and none have broke yet. But if they do, I know what to do. Thanks.

sirpuma

I was going to say if they didn't replace it I have an extra around here. I don't use the paddle but the belt attachment so when I get the SERPA CQC kit I have a spare paddle.

fire suppressor

How do you like your paddle holster? I use to have a cheap uncle mikes paddle holster when I still had my glock but that was years ago. It was comfortable to wear but I felt it slid out of my pants to easily. I am guessing black hawk offers a much more reliable product

amlevin

How do you like your paddle holster? I use to have a cheap uncle mikes paddle holster when I still had my glock but that was years ago. It was comfortable to wear but I felt it slid out of my pants to easily. I am guessing black hawk offers a much more reliable product

The "SERPA" doesn't slide out of your pants/belt easy. It's hooked from the bottom so any attempt to pull the pistol without releasing the retention device just anchors on the bottom of your belt albeit through the top of your pants. You have to "want" to remove the holster, it doesn't come out on it's own.

The Uncle Mike's are OK at best. They rely on the suede surface to grip the clothing so it doesn't slip out. Definitely not a positive hold at all but then they're half the price. The Blackhawk Serpa isn't that expensive at around $50 especially when comparing it to some of the quality leather holsters. It's easy to use and regardless of all the anecdotal stories of how they're unreliable, I have had no issues at all with mine. The only thing you have to remember is that they are "Firearm Specific". You have to have the model holster that's designed for that firearm. Close doesn't work like in a leather or nylon holster.

aktion

Thanks for the tip; I'm quite happy with my Serpa holster, and now glad to hear the customer support is so strong.