• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Huntington civic center?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Has anyone been to Huntington civic center?, and if so do they prohibit firearms, and if so do they search your person or have metal detectors? I've asked in west Virginia forum but have not had a response.

Undertaker

Civic Center

My last trip there was to a show and YES they did search with a wand. Had to take my pocket knife back to the car. They said it was clearly on the ticket........and it was.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Wow, that will be a bad feeling! I haven't went anywhere without a firearm for years! Really makes me want to stay at the house. Being unarmed in Huntington is a bad idea.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Just walked in the civic center, no signs, nobody taking wands to everyone, nothing. Walked in and had my ticket scanned and that was it. Only thing they were checking is ladies bags.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Nope, due to-previous comment I figured I would just be walking back to my car. The longest I have went without being armed in a long time, and in Huntington to beat it all! Oh well, if any of us go we know that you can carry there now.