Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun control ad to air during Super Bowl

Gun control ad to air during Super Bowl

CBS/AP)

NEW YORK - The mayors of New York and Boston are rooting for opposing teams in the Super Bowl. But they're on the same side when it comes to pushing for stricter gun-control laws.

That's why New York City's Michael Bloomberg and Boston's Thomas Menino have filmed a gun-control commercial that will air during Sunday's big game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...un-control-ad/

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    CBS/AP)

NEW YORK - The mayors of New York and Boston are rooting for opposing teams in the Super Bowl. But they're on the same side when it comes to pushing for stricter gun-control laws.

That's why New York City's Michael Bloomberg and Boston's Thomas Menino have filmed a gun-control commercial that will air during Sunday's big game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots.

Yeah, that'll solve all their problems.

Yea just ask the NYPD Officer shot in the head Tuesday. Guy that shot him, was of course a known felon. Gun laws worked again.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Well apparently the shooter passed all the back ground checks the guns store did that the law requires to check for any criminal record otherwise he never would have been able to buy the gun.
    Last edited by Yance; 02-01-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

And I wonder who paid for this commercial? the taxpayers of NYC and Boston? If I was a taxpayer of one of those two towns I think I would find some way to charge those two with misappropreation of funds.

A superbowl add's cost is NOT insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    And I wonder who paid for this commercial? the taxpayers of NYC and Boston? If I was a taxpayer of one of those two towns I think I would find some way to charge those two with misappropreation of funds.

A superbowl add's cost is NOT insignificant.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if bloomberg used his own money for this, gun control seems to be his personal mission. According to wiki he is has some change to spare-

a net worth of $19.5 billion in 2011, and he is also the 12th-richest person in the United States.

I think he will take on gun control full time once he is done being nyc mayor.

If only there was some way for both teams in a Superbowl to lose. .. My friends and I so don't care with these 2 teams playing that this is the first year in over a decade that none of us are even having a Superbowl party. .. To add this crud on top of it just makes it all the more don't care.

You know, I'd bet you would be hard pressed to get a pro gun pro carry add to air.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    You know, I'd bet you would be hard pressed to get a pro gun pro carry add to air.
    Not really, it would just take a combined act of Congress and God to pull off, along with all the money in the world.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    Not really, it would just take a combined act of Congress and God to pull off, along with all the money in the world.
    +1
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    all the planets may have to align at the same time too.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Silly rabbits, all it would take is enough money.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Go figure !

The left wing & the Anti's are at it again. I wish the anti's & the lefties would all go move onto a piece of land surounded by water, then they would be safe from GUNS !

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff69 View Post
    Go figure !

The left wing & the Anti's are at it again. I wish the anti's & the lefties would all go move onto a piece of land surounded by water, then they would be safe from GUNS !
    Atlantis would have been a good choice

The elitist in this country are to far from real life to understand what owning and carrying a gun is all about. They are so insulated, with others guarding them (with guns no less) that they are numb to facts.

CBS/AP)

Boycott the childish event. Dont watch. Its all designed to keep people distracted and mind numbed.
    Wake up folks !!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

When seconds count, the Police are just minutes away !!

Quote Originally Posted by FS23 View Post
    Boycott the childish event. Dont watch. Its all designed to keep people distracted and mind numbed.
    Wake up folks !!
    boycott the super bowl? let me know how that goes....

I'm not going to boycott watching the SuperBowl because of some stupid ad that Bloomberg has paid a lot of money to show. Let him waste his money. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

The ad will only air in the northeast part of the country, so I don't think we will even see it. Kind of a waste because most of the northeast states already have strict "gun control" laws and the ones that don't- ME, NH, VT are not likely to be persuaded by these 2 jackasses

boycott the super bowl? let me know how that goes....
    Thats the attitude that simply propigates the sports durnk beer numb induced comas that most of the country is afflicted with. Its probably already to late for this country. Take a stand, it has to start somewhere.
    The little boys in the US that have been conditoined to think that watching sports and drinking beer is macho are the problem. Where do you fit in that ? No disrespect intended. Just asking.
    I personally have more respect for myself than to succumb to the liberal mainstream propaganda including about 98% of the drivel being broadcast on the idiot box.
    Last edited by FS23; 02-03-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Not all little boys aspire to be macho, drink beer or watch sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Thats the attitude that simply propigates the sports durnk beer numb induced comas that most of the country is afflicted with. Its probably already to late for this country. Take a stand, it has to start somewhere.
    The little boys in the US that have been conditoined to think that watching sports and drinking beer is macho are the problem. Where do you fit in that ? No disrespect intended. Just asking.
    I personally have more respect for myself than to succumb to the liberal mainstream propaganda including about 98% of the drivel being broadcast on the idiot box.
    I was simply saying that a boycott is not going to do a damn thing, too many people like football, myself included. What exactly are you taking a stand against by boycotting the Super Bowl?

As to where I "fit in"? Not really sure how to answer that- if you are asking if I enjoy football then yes. If you are asking if I sometimes enjoy a cocktail or two the answer is also yes. Do I think either of them has anything to do with how "macho" a man is, no. If your asking me if I believe that football is "liberal mainstream propaganda", no, I don't agree with you at all on that.

I was simply saying that a boycott is not going to do a damn thing, too many people like football, myself included. What exactly are you taking a stand against by boycotting the Super Bowl?

As to where I "fit in"? Not really sure how to answer that- if you are asking if I enjoy football then yes. If you are asking if I sometimes enjoy a cocktail or two the answer is also yes. Do I think either of them has anything to do with how "macho" a man is, no. If your asking me if I believe that football is "liberal mainstream propaganda", no, I don't agree with you at all on that.

The entire premise of a boycott is to make "a statement". Makes no difference how many people like football. If the nfl is willing to accept ad $$ to broadcast anti 2A ANYTHING , every person on this board and every gun owner in America should boycott the event......period.
    It would be hypocritical to do anything less.

There is an entire thread dedicated to supporting Starbucks and showing support for their Pro 2A stance on a day that the ANTI's are planning "A BOYCOTT" of same. As far as I can tell, a whole lot of people like coffee. But that isn't going to deter the haters form making their statement. Most here would boycott any establishment that would not let them carry open or concealed in their place of business.
    But I understand, a lot of people like football.
    I like my Liberties.
    So, how many hypocrites will be posting here Monday.
    Benjamin Franklin

The entire premise of a boycott is to make "a statement". Makes no difference how many people like football. If the nfl is willing to accept ad $$ to broadcast anti 2A ANYTHING , every person on this board and every gun owner in America should boycott the event......period.
    It would be hypocritical to do anything less.

There is an entire thread dedicated to supporting Starbucks and showing support for their Pro 2A stance on a day that the ANTI's are planning "A BOYCOTT" of same. As far as I can tell, a whole lot of people like coffee. But that isn't going to deter the haters form making their statement. Most here would boycott any establishment that would not let them carry open or concealed in their place of business.
    But I understand, a lot of people like football.
    I like my Liberties.
    So, how many hypocrites will be posting here Monday.
    Starbucks is not pro 2A, they are neutral on the issue and follow state laws, big difference. Have you tried submitting a Pro 2A ad for the Super Bowl and had the NFL say no? Until that happens how do we not know that the NFL is just like starbucks, in that they just want money and could care less about the issue. Last year Tim Tebow was in an anti-abortion ad, so I would say they are pretty willing to sell the commercial spot to whoever wants to cough up the cash for it.

Still would like to hear how the NFL is "liberal mainstream propaganda."

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

What he is saying, I think is that the masses will not revolt as long as they have sports to watch and beer to drink. That is fat, dumb and happy/stupid, or stupor. The problem is as long as people are "happy" and have simple things, then they will be reluctant to buck the system. Big government counts on this.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast