• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control ad to air during Super Bowl

detroit_fan

CBS/AP)

NEW YORK - The mayors of New York and Boston are rooting for opposing teams in the Super Bowl. But they're on the same side when it comes to pushing for stricter gun-control laws.

That's why New York City's Michael Bloomberg and Boston's Thomas Menino have filmed a gun-control commercial that will air during Sunday's big game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57369542/nyc-boston-mayors-in-super-bowl-gun-control-ad/

Outdoorsman

CBS/AP)

NEW YORK - The mayors of New York and Boston are rooting for opposing teams in the Super Bowl. But they're on the same side when it comes to pushing for stricter gun-control laws.

That's why New York City's Michael Bloomberg and Boston's Thomas Menino have filmed a gun-control commercial that will air during Sunday's big game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57369542/nyc-boston-mayors-in-super-bowl-gun-control-ad/

Yeah, that'll solve all their problems.

Ezerharden

Yea just ask the NYPD Officer shot in the head Tuesday. Guy that shot him, was of course a known felon. Gun laws worked again.

Yance

Well apparently the shooter passed all the back ground checks the guns store did that the law requires to check for any criminal record otherwise he never would have been able to buy the gun.

Last edited:

hermannr

And I wonder who paid for this commercial? the taxpayers of NYC and Boston? If I was a taxpayer of one of those two towns I think I would find some way to charge those two with misappropreation of funds.

A superbowl add's cost is NOT insignificant.

detroit_fan

And I wonder who paid for this commercial? the taxpayers of NYC and Boston? If I was a taxpayer of one of those two towns I think I would find some way to charge those two with misappropreation of funds.

A superbowl add's cost is NOT insignificant.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if bloomberg used his own money for this, gun control seems to be his personal mission. According to wiki he is has some change to spare-

a net worth of $19.5 billion in 2011, and he is also the 12th-richest person in the United States.

I think he will take on gun control full time once he is done being nyc mayor.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
If only there was some way for both teams in a Superbowl to lose. .. My friends and I so don't care with these 2 teams playing that this is the first year in over a decade that none of us are even having a Superbowl party. .. To add this crud on top of it just makes it all the more don't care.

gunns

The elitist in this country are to far from real life to understand what owning and carrying a gun is all about. They are so insulated, with others guarding them (with guns no less) that they are numb to facts.

FS23

CBS/AP)

Boycott the childish event. Dont watch. Its all designed to keep people distracted and mind numbed.
Wake up folks !!

VW_Factor

I'm not going to boycott watching the SuperBowl because of some stupid ad that Bloomberg has paid a lot of money to show. Let him waste his money. /shrug

detroit_fan

The ad will only air in the northeast part of the country, so I don't think we will even see it. Kind of a waste because most of the northeast states already have strict "gun control" laws and the ones that don't- ME, NH, VT are not likely to be persuaded by these 2 jackasses

FS23

boycott the super bowl? let me know how that goes....

Thats the attitude that simply propigates the sports durnk beer numb induced comas that most of the country is afflicted with. Its probably already to late for this country. Take a stand, it has to start somewhere.
The little boys in the US that have been conditoined to think that watching sports and drinking beer is macho are the problem. Where do you fit in that ? No disrespect intended. Just asking.
I personally have more respect for myself than to succumb to the liberal mainstream propaganda including about 98% of the drivel being broadcast on the idiot box.

Last edited: