• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control ad to air during Super Bowl

detroit_fan

Thats the attitude that simply propigates the sports durnk beer numb induced comas that most of the country is afflicted with. Its probably already to late for this country. Take a stand, it has to start somewhere.
The little boys in the US that have been conditoined to think that watching sports and drinking beer is macho are the problem. Where do you fit in that ? No disrespect intended. Just asking.
I personally have more respect for myself than to succumb to the liberal mainstream propaganda including about 98% of the drivel being broadcast on the idiot box.

I was simply saying that a boycott is not going to do a damn thing, too many people like football, myself included. What exactly are you taking a stand against by boycotting the Super Bowl?

As to where I "fit in"? Not really sure how to answer that- if you are asking if I enjoy football then yes. If you are asking if I sometimes enjoy a cocktail or two the answer is also yes. Do I think either of them has anything to do with how "macho" a man is, no. If your asking me if I believe that football is "liberal mainstream propaganda", no, I don't agree with you at all on that.

FS23

I was simply saying that a boycott is not going to do a damn thing, too many people like football, myself included. What exactly are you taking a stand against by boycotting the Super Bowl?

As to where I "fit in"? Not really sure how to answer that- if you are asking if I enjoy football then yes. If you are asking if I sometimes enjoy a cocktail or two the answer is also yes. Do I think either of them has anything to do with how "macho" a man is, no. If your asking me if I believe that football is "liberal mainstream propaganda", no, I don't agree with you at all on that.

The entire premise of a boycott is to make "a statement". Makes no difference how many people like football. If the nfl is willing to accept ad $$ to broadcast anti 2A ANYTHING , every person on this board and every gun owner in America should boycott the event......period.
It would be hypocritical to do anything less.

There is an entire thread dedicated to supporting Starbucks and showing support for their Pro 2A stance on a day that the ANTI's are planning "A BOYCOTT" of same. As far as I can tell, a whole lot of people like coffee. But that isn't going to deter the haters form making their statement. Most here would boycott any establishment that would not let them carry open or concealed in their place of business.
But I understand, a lot of people like football.
I like my Liberties.
So, how many hypocrites will be posting here Monday.

detroit_fan

The entire premise of a boycott is to make "a statement". Makes no difference how many people like football. If the nfl is willing to accept ad $$ to broadcast anti 2A ANYTHING , every person on this board and every gun owner in America should boycott the event......period.
It would be hypocritical to do anything less.

There is an entire thread dedicated to supporting Starbucks and showing support for their Pro 2A stance on a day that the ANTI's are planning "A BOYCOTT" of same. As far as I can tell, a whole lot of people like coffee. But that isn't going to deter the haters form making their statement. Most here would boycott any establishment that would not let them carry open or concealed in their place of business.
But I understand, a lot of people like football.
I like my Liberties.
So, how many hypocrites will be posting here Monday.

Starbucks is not pro 2A, they are neutral on the issue and follow state laws, big difference. Have you tried submitting a Pro 2A ad for the Super Bowl and had the NFL say no? Until that happens how do we not know that the NFL is just like starbucks, in that they just want money and could care less about the issue. Last year Tim Tebow was in an anti-abortion ad, so I would say they are pretty willing to sell the commercial spot to whoever wants to cough up the cash for it.

Still would like to hear how the NFL is "liberal mainstream propaganda."

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

What he is saying, I think is that the masses will not revolt as long as they have sports to watch and beer to drink. That is fat, dumb and happy/stupid, or stupor. The problem is as long as people are "happy" and have simple things, then they will be reluctant to buck the system. Big government counts on this.

FS23

Starbucks is not pro 2A, they are neutral on the issue and follow state laws, big difference. Have you tried submitting a Pro 2A ad for the Super Bowl and had the NFL say no? Until that happens how do we not know that the NFL is just like starbucks, in that they just want money and could care less about the issue. Last year Tim Tebow was in an anti-abortion ad, so I would say they are pretty willing to sell the commercial spot to whoever wants to cough up the cash for it.

Still would like to hear how the NFL is "liberal mainstream propaganda."

Starbucks is Pro2A by NOT denying me my Constitutional right to protect myself.
Any organization that would even accept advertising dollars form an anti American despot that has no regard for the Constitutional rights of US citizens should be boycotted. As far as comparing an anti abortion ad with the Bill of Rights. One is a moral issue, as I am adamantly pro life, that is a personal choice. The other is law of the land. For now anyway.

I stated in my post that 98% of the drivel on the idiot box is liberal mainstream propaganda. That is to include the overdose of sports available for those that care to indulge. So to answer your question as to how the nfl is mainstream propaganda, while you are enjoying the game , just pay close attention. If you can't see it for yourself, it may be hopeless.
Nothing personal we just need to take a stand before we wake up and our rights have been stripped away.
My wife's family is in Monroe maybe we will cross paths and I'll buy ya a coffee.

Last edited:

detroit_fan

Starbucks is Pro2A by NOT denying me my Constitutional right to protect myself.
Any organization that would even accept advertising dollars form an anti American despot that has no regard for the Constitutional rights of US citizens should be boycotted. As far as comparing an anti abortion ad with the Bill of Rights. One is a moral issue, as I am adamantly pro life, that is a personal choice. The other is law of the land. For now anyway.

I stated in my post that 98% of the drivel on the idiot box is liberal mainstream propaganda. That is to include the overdose of sports available for those that care to indulge. So to answer your question as to how the nfl is mainstream propaganda, while you are enjoying the game , just pay close attention. If you can't see it for yourself, it may be hopeless.
Nothing personal we just need to take a stand before we wake up and our rights have been stripped away.
My wife's family is in Monroe maybe we will cross paths and I'll buy ya a coffee.

I can see the point you are trying to make, but I also think it is possible to enjoy things like football and also be aware and active of what is going on. I didn't take anything personal, be glad to have a coffee anytime. :)

Scooter

If only there was some way for both teams in a Superbowl to lose. .. My friends and I so don't care with these 2 teams playing that this is the first year in over a decade that none of us are even having a Superbowl party. .. To add this crud on top of it just makes it all the more don't care.

I'm proud to say I don't even know who's playing! :0

xmanhockey7

I'm proud to say I don't even know who's playing! :0

What is the Super Bowl???? Does is it some soup or cereal eating competition? Does it involve those medicinal plant people? If so I could see why there would be an antigun ad.

jdholmes

Boycott the Super Bowl...party of 4? ;)

Funny stuff. Relax...the other 99.99999999 percent of the population is enjoying the game.

Haman J.T.

Educating the citizens of their God Given Rights and educating them how to find where the folks they elect stand on those Rights works.Freedom is having your own opinion,no matter how discussting or wrong it may be!CARRY ON!

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I think their statement that they support the 2nd Amendment was the funniest moment of the Super Bowl... or it may be the saddest. It was a joke...right?