• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Private Sale Bill

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Of course isn't this the same patron who tried to push a substitute motion to pass his bill, right in the middle of a motion to kill it? Gotta admire the chutzpa, if nothing else...

TFred

I guess:uhoh:

ME1.jpg

ME4.jpg

mk4

It could be revived. I've seen it tried a few times but I can't recall it ever happening.Dockets are running full though and I just don't see how they could work it back in.

i think it was marsh i heard in the audio asking norment, after the vote, whether or not the bill was technically still in committee. what's the chance he pushes for reconsideration once lucas is back? then it comes down to where norment really stands and whether he'd entertain reconsideration and his vote.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
i think it was marsh i heard in the audio asking norment, after the vote, whether or not the bill was technically still in committee. what's the chance he pushes for reconsideration once lucas is back? then it comes down to where norment really stands and whether he'd entertain reconsideration and his vote.

I'm not a political scholar but since this isn't a budget year, the assembly is 60 days. That means crossover day is about two weeks away.
I just don't think it'll fit in the docket.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I just did a rough count and it looks like they have around 60 bills to do in three hearings.

Crossover is the 14th this year I think.

Last edited:

mk4

pardon my ignorance, but what's 'crossover day'?

thx

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
pardon my ignorance, but what's 'crossover day'?

thx

That's the mid point in the session when each faction (House&Senate) have to be finished with their own bills.

Last edited:

mk4

i see, thx.
makes sense now since they need to get the live bills thru each other's houses, conferences, etc.

VCDL President

Centurion
Goddard has a point. It is unfair to discriminate against 60% of the market by requiring BG checks on those folks. Clearly, this imbalance needs to be adjusted such that no one is requred to submit to a BG check.:banana:

I almost said the same thing when I had my chance to speak, but decided the committee would prefer brevity more than humor (except I wouldn't really be kidding).

sidestreet

Please Donald, for the last time...,

Need restroom break?

I know how you like to be first and e'eything, but the rectal exam thing doesn't begin just yet, and if you're not gonna stop raising your hand, at least start wearing deodorant, 'cause you stink, 'kay?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Last edited:

va_tazdad

My bad

I know how you like to be first and e'eything, but the rectal exam thing doesn't begin just yet, and if you're not gonna stop raising your hand, at least start wearing deodorant, 'cause you stink, 'kay?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Dear Lord,
Please forgive me for corrupting sidestreet and teaching him to be sarcastic when confronted by "TONS" of brainless politicians.

I will endeavor to not corrupt him further as he is still one of the last 10 truly nice guys left on the planet.

Amen

PS Ya gotta admit, that was a good one though.

MSC 45ACP

I just can't get over Puller... Her Father in Law ("Chesty" Puller) was a GREAT American and fantanstic Marine.
Her husband was a Marine in Vietnam; came home disabled and eventually committed suicide.
I gotta wonder what sent him over the edge... She just ain't "wired right..."
How can she be so "Anti" coming from a family of "Real" Americans?

riverrat10k

I just can't get over Puller... Her Father in Law ("Chesty" Puller) was a GREAT American and fantanstic Marine.
Her husband was a Marine in Vietnam; came home disabled and eventually committed suicide.

Environmental pollution. Suffers from Beltway Madness. It is creeping south.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Are you familiar with the "bad seed" concept? :uhoh:

Marco

She married into it, she doesn't share the same blood line as those great Americans.
Survived "Nam" but couldn't live with the nag.
Hopefully any children from that marriage inherit their paternal grandfathers ideals.

I guess:uhoh:

ME1.jpg

When did Barney get elected? He looks so different dancing around on TV with all those kids.

Last edited: