Thread: Babcock/Webb

Babcock/Webb

Next weekend, a couple of friends and myself are taking our kids camping at Babcock/Webb WMA. FWC has ruled against OC at the range there and while hunting...anyone camped there and OC'd?

Can't find anything suggesting we will have a problem...we will be camping and fishing.

Thanks
    Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by im4Christ92 View Post
    Next weekend, a couple of friends and myself are taking our kids camping at Babcock/Webb WMA. FWC has ruled against OC at the range there and while hunting...anyone camped there and OC'd?

Can't find anything suggesting we will have a problem...we will be camping and fishing.

Thanks
    Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    From §790.33 Florida Statutes regarding preemption:

(4) EXCEPTIONS.—This section does not prohibit:

(e) The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission from regulating the use of firearms or ammunition as a method of taking wildlife and regulating the shooting ranges managed by the commission.

If you are not hunting, and you are not physically on the shooting range, then FWC has no authority to tell you that you many not open carry. Should you have any trouble, comply with instructions, get names and remember exactly what happened, then send me an e-mail to rich@floridacarry.org.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich7553 View Post
    From §790.33 Florida Statutes regarding preemption:

(4) EXCEPTIONS.—This section does not prohibit:

(e) The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission from regulating the use of firearms or ammunition as a method of taking wildlife and regulating the shooting ranges managed by the commission.
    Thanks for that one. That clears up a slight problem we've had from time to time at Babcock. Nothing major, just a point of order or detail that I've let slip by.

Luckily for me, the RO's that I've come into contact with have been understanding and I now see where their questions have come from.

It's all fixed now!!

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor