• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Babcock/Webb

im4Christ92

Next weekend, a couple of friends and myself are taking our kids camping at Babcock/Webb WMA. FWC has ruled against OC at the range there and while hunting...anyone camped there and OC'd?

Can't find anything suggesting we will have a problem...we will be camping and fishing.

Thanks
Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Rich7553

Next weekend, a couple of friends and myself are taking our kids camping at Babcock/Webb WMA. FWC has ruled against OC at the range there and while hunting...anyone camped there and OC'd?

Can't find anything suggesting we will have a problem...we will be camping and fishing.

Thanks
Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

From §790.33 Florida Statutes regarding preemption:

(4) EXCEPTIONS.—This section does not prohibit:

(e) The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission from regulating the use of firearms or ammunition as a method of taking wildlife and regulating the shooting ranges managed by the commission.

If you are not hunting, and you are not physically on the shooting range, then FWC has no authority to tell you that you many not open carry. Should you have any trouble, comply with instructions, get names and remember exactly what happened, then send me an e-mail to rich@floridacarry.org.

ADulay

From §790.33 Florida Statutes regarding preemption:

(4) EXCEPTIONS.—This section does not prohibit:

(e) The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission from regulating the use of firearms or ammunition as a method of taking wildlife and regulating the shooting ranges managed by the commission.

Thanks for that one. That clears up a slight problem we've had from time to time at Babcock. Nothing major, just a point of order or detail that I've let slip by.

Luckily for me, the RO's that I've come into contact with have been understanding and I now see where their questions have come from.

It's all fixed now!!

AD