• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT Washington state militia

fire suppressor

Sorry everyone for a off topic thread I try my best not to put theses out but the Washington page was still the best place to ask my question. Out of curiosity I did some research on the Washington state militia and was not able to find much. Their website does a good job outlining what they believe in and what they stand for but it does little to describe how the origination functions. I.e what type of training they undergo, how often they practice, how often they meet up and so on. There is a kitsap county chapter but they do not even have a website just a myspce page that answered even fewer questions. I am not saying I am ready to go run out my door and join up I am just curious who theses people are. Anyone know anything about them?

Trigger Dr

If this is the same group that I am aware of, they had a camp on the hill above Misery Point at Seabeck. Their 100 yd range is still there, but they have relocated, some say, at the request of Uncle Samantha. There are signs posted warning of deadly force for trespassing.

p85-GSXwheelman

This is the first I've ever even heard of that, personally. The only one I've ever heard of is a group called N.I.D militia. They train hard and constant. For obvious reasons (patriot act etc.) You wont find any website or facebook page describing them. They are more or less armed men, ready to go at a moments notice when a police state is reached or freedoms are threatened. Their training is not only tactically based but also counter intel, technologically advanced, and a base network unserpassed by anyone. The only other thing I know is that they are based out of spokane, how far their reach goes I can't discuss. Good question by the way.

fight4your_rights

The few that I've met are the kind whom you'd want as neighbors. Folks who help their communities and neighbors in times of emergency.

[tic]The ones who want to make bombs and conspire to commit violence are actually feds ;)[/tic]

p85-GSXwheelman

@FMCDH- not sure if that comment was directed toward me, but... hahaha, no....not what I'm talkin about at all.

Schlepnier

It was my understanding that the state actually has a sponsored miltiia that meets at camp murry every month(like the fisrt saturday IIRC) they are required to supply their own gear and weapons but can be called up by the request of the state in emergency sitruations..........

fire suppressor

tannerwaterbury

This might be a repeating question, but do you mean the Washington State Militia/Guard? I DO know that we officially have our own State Guard that is similar to the Natl Guard, but that it is strictly used for State uses only. I've had some interests in joining up, but never really followed through. Here's the link to them (sorry if I didn't see any previous links to them)

http://washingtonguard.org/wsg/

sirpuma

There are actually several independent groups within WA that consider themselves a "militia". Most aren't really even organized like some with ranks and structure. The most active people I've heard of are East Sound. Personally I haven't heard of much on this side of the water.

A lot of militia types hang out on AWRM.org but certainly not all. And just like any internet forum there is lots of bloviating and not everyone gets along.

amlevin

There are actually several independent groups within WA that consider themselves a "militia". Most aren't really even organized like some with ranks and structure. The most active people I've heard of are East Sound. Personally I haven't heard of much on this side of the water.

A lot of militia types hang out on AWRM.org but certainly not all. And just like any internet forum there is lots of bloviating and not everyone gets along.

The "Militia Movement" is showing a bit of a revival since all the negative press on the Michigan Militia in the past. Every time we have an increase in unemployment there seems to be an increase in talk of Militia's.

Here's a guy who considers himself a Militia member (Michigan).

michigan-militia-3-thumb-350x232-33486.jpg

Last edited:

fire suppressor

The "Militia Movement" is showing a bit of a revival since all the negative press on the Michigan Militia in the past. Every time we have an increase in unemployment there seems to be an increase in talk of Militia's.

Here's a guy who considers himself a Militia member (Michigan).

michigan-militia-3-thumb-350x232-33486.jpg

LOL that gave me a good laugh what is he trying to do whittle himself a musket?

Freedom First

Well, that was interesting...

I checked out each of the links you guys have found and there quite a diverse list of choices available. The Washington Guard is part of the Washington State "Military Department". Who would have thought that Chris Gregoire would allow such a thing?

The others were more or less standard (if there can be such a thing) local militias.

None of them are true militia in the sense intended by the Framers though. I would join a true, local, Sheriff led, State authorized, organic community militia in a heartbeat. I.e. supporting our Oath to the Constitution(s), defending our community against threats and helping folks in the case of disaster, without the requirement to play army in Iraq or Afganistan for the Few.

The issue I have with those current militias we see is that they generally operate outside of the statute law and thus there is a draw to those who would seek to confront and/or even inititate conflict with government. The Washington State Militia was involved in activities (some of course say initiated by federal agents planted within their organization, but whatever) in the 90s that sent some of them in the Federal Prison system for up to eight years. These groups are magnets for federal agents and these guys generally aren't smart enough to avoid the "crazy talk" which then leads to jail.

I have four kids and I don't need to see the inside of any jail. For any reason. Yet.

These guys are the closest I have found to being a gun club that happens to exercise the skills of a soldier... KISSATA

From their home page, "KISSATA engages in no illegal activities, and has no interest in illegal weapons or explosive devices. We DO NOT advocate the overthrow of the United States government. Fighting the government, LEO, or the U.S. Military is NOT our desire, fantasy, or plan. We exist to DEFEND our families, friends, community and nation."

That is something I do support. The government will make it's intentions clear enough in the next couple of years and then we ALL may have to make a hard decision about their validity, but for today, I need to be home to help raise the next generation of homeschooled Washington citizens.

So, a militia in Benton County is something I would love to see, organized by a Constitutionally aware Sheriff. I don't know the new Sheriff but he was a West Richland LEO prior to his election, whatever that might say. Not holding my breath.

Nearly all militias in the US describe themselves as "Unorganized". To be organized, they would have to join the National Guard. And they claim the protections of the Second Amendment as their Right to organize. That clearly means nothing when they are seditionists and actively seek to overthrow the government of the State or the Federal Government. Good intentions notwithstanding, it is illegal to conspire to kill and maim government employees and agents. Many of their points are good ones but moving from the legal to the illegal is a big step, even if the government does it first. Keeping the moral high ground today is important...

Good article on the history of militia.

And some interesting law...

Bill of Rights, Amendment II.
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Washington State Constitution, SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

USC>TITLE 10>CHAPTER 13 > § 311
§ 311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

RCW 38.04.030
Composition of the militia.
The militia of the state of Washington shall consist of all able bodied citizens of the United States and all other able bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, residing within this state, who shall be more than eighteen years of age, and shall include all persons who are members of the national guard and the state guard, and said militia shall be divided into two classes, the organized militia and the unorganized militia.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

If this guy does "Fight like you train, train like you fight" he isnt much danger to anyone unless you factor in the stroke or heart attack risk.

That's right make fun of the fat guy based on a photo with zero context. He can't support & defend the Constitution or his family. Fat folks have less value as human beings after all, they don't need the same rights as everyone else.

SayWhat

That's right make fun of the fat guy based on a photo with zero context. He can't support & defend the Constitution or his family. Fat folks have less value as human beings after all, they don't need the same rights as everyone else.

that's what I was thinking. So he's fat.. that doesn't mean he cannot fill a role within the unit. Maybe he's the cook.. maybe he's in logistics or intel, or maybe he's a "sleeper" or could be utilized as a "sleeper". Or perhaps he's the armorer/gunsmith.. Or maybe he's the guy that can bag a deer at 1000 yards. Maybe he's the guy who knows he can't keep up with the group but he'll do everything he can to help the group in any way he can.

Every person no matter who they are can provide something of positive influence to the group and should not be discounted just because their fat, ugly, female or they don't carry some expensive gun.

The fact of the matter is he is there doing his part, what ever it is, while others are sitting on their arse being keyboard commandos.

kparker

"Who would have thought that Chris Gregoire would allow such a thing?"

Anyone who realizes that in Washington state the governor is not a dictator? :-/

Jeff Hayes

Metalhead/saywhat we were talking about fighting right, not logistics, not cooking, not sleeping, not being a gun smith.

Giant leap there Saywhat from me saying he is not much of a threat in a fight to you inferring I said he would not be of any value to the group.

Both of you read a lot more into my simple statement than was said. I will stand by my statement someone that big is not much of a threat in a fight.

sirpuma

None of them are true militia in the sense intended by the Framers though. I would join a true, local, Sheriff led, State authorized, organic community militia in a heartbeat. I.e. supporting our Oath to the Constitution(s), defending our community against threats and helping folks in the case of disaster, without the requirement to play army in Iraq or Afganistan for the Few.

The issue I have with those current militias we see is that they generally operate outside of the statute law and thus there is a draw to those who would seek to confront and/or even inititate conflict with government. The Washington State Militia was involved in activities (some of course say initiated by federal agents planted within their organization, but whatever) in the 90s that sent some of them in the Federal Prison system for up to eight years. These groups are magnets for federal agents and these guys generally aren't smart enough to avoid the "crazy talk" which then leads to jail.

Here's a question, in the off chance that the government really goes south and the local LEO follows orders and there is rounding people up based on beliefs or views or whatever, will you still run out and join up with the local cops? Some groups organize themselves outside of the local LEO but still support their neighborhood or community. Just because they aren't sanctioned by the Governor doesn't mean they're criminal or looking to get themselves thrown in jail. And how evil is the group, really, if the Feds send in agent provocateurs to rile them up and get them arrested as they did with Hutery (sp?)? Who really is the evil group then?

And they are Militia in the sense that our Founders intended as they considered EVERY male between certain ages who were physically able a member of the militia, not just those organized and trained by the government.