• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner at PT's

Merlin

Oh well. That's a shame. After listening to the radio bit today, he was excited about going. I guess he'll have to wait until next time to meet the celebs. :)
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

ed2276

I have had my family in PT's seveal times with no problem. In fact, depending on getting a babysitter, I may bring mine along.

TBG

Yes, but are all your family members 21+?

There seems to be a divergence between PT's policy and PT's practice.

You say your family with underage child (here I'm reasoning that you don't get a babysitter for your 21 year old) gets in no problem, but another contributor here says the VP states only age 21+ are allowed in PT's. I called the PT's location in question myself and was told that all PT's are age 21 and older.

What to do? What to do? Bring my 13 y/o with me and take a risk on the loose practice you have experienced; or, bring him and take a chance that they'd be policy wonks tonight and deny him entry?

My boy is all for sending us on our way without him. He said, "Bye, have a great time." But, I suspect his seeming unselfishness has an underlying ulterior motive: he will have the computer and its games all to himself for a few hours. :monkey

P.S. , I could bring my son and hope that when he presents his ID showing age 13 he gets a dyslexic card checker, who thinks he sees age 31.

Last edited:

franco0341

I was at this PT's a few months ago but before that, I had never gone. There is a PT's only 2 blocks south near Patrick and was waiting there on my friends until they called me from the one that WE WILL MEET at on Decatur just south of Hacienda. Here's hoping there's no confusion later.

The Big Guy

Yes, but are all your family members 21+?

There seems to be a divergence between PT's policy and PT's practice.

You say your family with underage child (here I'm reasoning that you don't get a babysitter for your 21 year old) gets in no problem, but another contributor here says the VP states only age 21+ are allowed in PT's. I called the PT's location in question myself and was told that all PT's are age 21 and older.

What to do? What to do? Bring my 13 y/o with me and take a risk on the loose practice you have experienced; or, bring him and take a chance that they'd be policy wonks tonight and deny him entry?

My boy is all for sending us on our way without him. He said, "Bye, have a great time." But, I suspect his seeming unselfishness has an underlying ulterior motive: he will have the computer and its games all to himself for a few hours. :monkey

P.S. , I could bring my son and hope that when he presents his ID showing age 13 he gets a dyslexic card checker, who thinks he sees age 31.

The only PT's I've been in, 2 of them as I recall, both have seperate dinning area's. The last one I was at with wife and kids was Horizon/Horizon.
There was no problem.

TBG

Sabotage70

This PTs is basically a bar that serves food. There was no separate section.

photobucket-3688-1329632612866.jpg

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Right up until the afternoon, I thought I was going to be able to make it to this one. Sorry, folks. Glad it turned out well!

I don't recall reading any headlines about mass murders or even mass hysteria, though. You mean to tell me that a dozen armed people can have dinner in a bar and *gasp* nothing happens?

28kfps

It was a good time, we had a total of 15, It was good to see the girlfriends and wife’s. Turns out the bar tender that gave one of our fellow OCer a hard time was on duty while we were there, all of the servers very friendly.
I hope that it will get back to the PTs management the OCers are very law abiding citizens and good customers. They saw firsthand that we carry well-behaved firearms not those nasty guns the self appointed gun expert anti gun groups and drama queen story telling media talks about, like the full auto revolver that jumps out unknowing to all and sprays out 30 rounds without any influence from a human.
It was good to meet new to me OCers. We had several great conversations and good laughs.

frodo0602

sorry i couldn't make it out as well, would have been my first meet up. Any chance you guys will plan another one soon....maybe a little further up north?

The Big Guy

sorry i couldn't make it out as well, would have been my first meet up. Any chance you guys will plan another one soon....maybe a little further up north?

As the weather gets nicer, maybe we can plan another picnic. The last one was great.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Figures. Once again, I'll be out of town. On the other hand, OC is legal in Oregon, too.

Remmy

Great turn out was very fun to see you all once again and a first time for a few of you, I even sat back and enjoyed two beers in the two hours my girl and I were there, no sideways glances or OMG HES GOT A BEER RUN!