Thread: Gun owners for Ron Paul

Gun owners for Ron Paul

Congressman Dr. Ron Paul will have what I take as a meet and greet this Friday evening.
    Since I can't always keep the players straight, is American Shooters on Arville OC friendly or not?

5:30 p.m.
    Greets "Gun Owners for Ron Paul” Supporters
    American Shooters
    3440 Arville Street
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
    Directions are available HERE. Guests are advised to park in the empty Macy’s parking lot adjacent to the event.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

You can have a holstered firearm, but they want it unloaded. I was a member there, and still go occasionally for matches.
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-02-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

They allow loaded carry on the sales floor. The unloaded thing is only in the range area.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    They allow loaded carry on the sales floor. The unloaded thing is only in the range area.
    Thank you! Honestly, I've only been on the sales side for a couple transfers while I was a member, or to walk through to get to the range. I hadn't noticed the policies were different. Mea culpa.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Congressman Dr. Ron Paul will have what I take as a meet and greet this Friday evening.
    Since I can't always keep the players straight, is American Shooters on Arville OC friendly or not?

5:30 p.m.
    Greets "Gun Owners for Ron Paul” Supporters
    American Shooters
    3440 Arville Street
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
    Directions are available HERE. Guests are advised to park in the empty Macy’s parking lot adjacent to the event.

TBG
    Cool! Thanks for the notice. I'll be there to cheer on Ron!

Let me know how things go. I really have a hard time believing his security is going to allow anyone to be open carrying around the Representative. GO RON PAUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    Let me know how things go. I really have a hard time believing his security is going to allow anyone to be open carrying around the Representative. GO RON PAUL!!!!!!!

Several of us attended a speech at his campaign HQ in Henderson. We were OC and were within several feet of him. No problem.
    My wife and I have also done some volunteer work at the HQ both OC.

TBG
    Last edited by The Big Guy; 02-02-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Go however you like.

If they throw you out, then you'll know.

Several of us attended a speech at his campaign HQ in Henderson. We were OC and were within several feet of him. No problem.

TBG
    I like that a lot!!!

TBG
    I was one of the ones with TBG, and can confirm this. I OCed while volunteering at his HQ as well, and the only guy that said something was the manager there, who was OCing as well! He was pretty disappointed that Texas didn't allow OC.

I attended the Ron Paul event today. I OC'd there, and saw a few others doing so also. Ron walked through the crowded store shaking hands and signing his autograph. I was about 4 feet away from him. It was a great experience being in a large, liberty-minded group of people...none of whom batted an eye at seeing folks OCing. Ron's security team (Secret Service?) was absolutely laid back, and didn't bat an eye at seeing the OCers around Ron. American Shooters' staff was great too.

It was a very enjoyable OC experience...and I got to see one of my heroes in person!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2276 View Post
    It was a great experience being in a large, liberty-minded group of people...none of whom batted an eye at seeing folks OCing. Ron's security team (Secret Service?) was absolutely laid back, and didn't bat an eye at seeing the OCers around Ron.
    I don't believe he has Secret Service yet. Romney does.

Joe Biden was recently here for a big (I heard $35,000 per plate) fundraiser, at a tiny podunk town 30 miles in the country. For his trip from the airport to the event, they shut down every bridge and overpass for a couple of hours. People had to drive 30-40 miles out of their way just to turn around and get back to their exit.

I believe President Paul would tell the SS to take a hike.