• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun owners for Ron Paul

The Big Guy

Congressman Dr. Ron Paul will have what I take as a meet and greet this Friday evening.
Since I can't always keep the players straight, is American Shooters on Arville OC friendly or not?

5:30 p.m.
Greets "Gun Owners for Ron Paul” Supporters
American Shooters
3440 Arville Street
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
Directions are available HERE. Guests are advised to park in the empty Macy’s parking lot adjacent to the event.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You can have a holstered firearm, but they want it unloaded. I was a member there, and still go occasionally for matches.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
They allow loaded carry on the sales floor. The unloaded thing is only in the range area.

Thank you! Honestly, I've only been on the sales side for a couple transfers while I was a member, or to walk through to get to the range. I hadn't noticed the policies were different. Mea culpa.

ed2276

Congressman Dr. Ron Paul will have what I take as a meet and greet this Friday evening.
Since I can't always keep the players straight, is American Shooters on Arville OC friendly or not?

5:30 p.m.
Greets "Gun Owners for Ron Paul” Supporters
American Shooters
3440 Arville Street
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
Directions are available HERE. Guests are advised to park in the empty Macy’s parking lot adjacent to the event.

TBG

Cool! Thanks for the notice. I'll be there to cheer on Ron!

jfrey123

Let me know how things go. I really have a hard time believing his security is going to allow anyone to be open carrying around the Representative. GO RON PAUL!!!!!!!

The Big Guy

Let me know how things go. I really have a hard time believing his security is going to allow anyone to be open carrying around the Representative. GO RON PAUL!!!!!!!

Several of us attended a speech at his campaign HQ in Henderson. We were OC and were within several feet of him. No problem.
My wife and I have also done some volunteer work at the HQ both OC.

TBG

Last edited:

KarateKyle

Several of us attended a speech at his campaign HQ in Henderson. We were OC and were within several feet of him. No problem.
My wife and I have also done some volunteer work at the HQ both OC.

TBG

I was one of the ones with TBG, and can confirm this. I OCed while volunteering at his HQ as well, and the only guy that said something was the manager there, who was OCing as well! He was pretty disappointed that Texas didn't allow OC.

ed2276

I attended the Ron Paul event today. I OC'd there, and saw a few others doing so also. Ron walked through the crowded store shaking hands and signing his autograph. I was about 4 feet away from him. It was a great experience being in a large, liberty-minded group of people...none of whom batted an eye at seeing folks OCing. Ron's security team (Secret Service?) was absolutely laid back, and didn't bat an eye at seeing the OCers around Ron. American Shooters' staff was great too.

It was a very enjoyable OC experience...and I got to see one of my heroes in person!

KBCraig

It was a great experience being in a large, liberty-minded group of people...none of whom batted an eye at seeing folks OCing. Ron's security team (Secret Service?) was absolutely laid back, and didn't bat an eye at seeing the OCers around Ron.

I don't believe he has Secret Service yet. Romney does.

Joe Biden was recently here for a big (I heard $35,000 per plate) fundraiser, at a tiny podunk town 30 miles in the country. For his trip from the airport to the event, they shut down every bridge and overpass for a couple of hours. People had to drive 30-40 miles out of their way just to turn around and get back to their exit.

I believe President Paul would tell the SS to take a hike.