Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Para Ordanance Warranty

My Para shipped today. I have $179.26 in shipping and repair for a handgun that was under warranty. Tells me I will never buy another Para Ordnance. It has been as bad an experience as I have ever had.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Ouch. 176 bucks buys a bunch of ammo. Sorry to hear that.

As for the Taurus comments, buy of my 24/7's have been flawless after thousands of rounds. I don't know what models y'all bought, but the PT1911 is considered to be a best buy in the 1911 market.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    This seems to be a trend with Para. Do yourself a favor and get a Rock Island Armory. I have heard nothing but good about their customer service - but I've never had to use it

Taurus also has a lifetime warranty that they have honored time and time again, which is good because half of their guns will arrive broken in the box.

Ex-taurus customer - warranty was great with a fast turn around, unfortunately I had to use it on half of the new in box guns I bought. I have this mental image of a warehouse in Brazil with chimpanzees just throwing parts into guns and shipping them off. Literally, monkeys and orangutangs fitting critical parts like sears and hammers into 1911s.

I own 5 Taurus firearms. Model 608, .357 Mag, a PT92, 9mm, a Model 651 .357 Mag., a PT 845 .45 ACP, and a PT 22 .22 LR. None of them has ever been back to the factory or a gunsmith and each works as expected. None of them is my favorite gun to shot, but each of them serves its purpose. I would not hesitate to carry any of them for self defense, except the PT22. I will not hesitate to buy a sixth Taurus if I take a fancy to one. Taurus has served me as well as any other gun manufacturer. I've had thoughts about the new 9 shot .22LR/.22 Mag. combo revolver. I appreciate the advice and shared experiance, but my experiance with Taurus has been different from some others and has been better than some "All American" brands.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    My Para shipped today. I have $179.26 in shipping and repair for a handgun that was under warranty.
    Which really just means there really wasn't a warranty. I wonder how many guns Para actually services under warranty, compared to how many claims?

Thanks Hotrod for the heads up on Para Ordnance's non-existent lifetime warranty. I have been looking at various 1911's. And now I will scratch Para off my 1911 list of firearms I am considering buying.

Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    the pt1911 is considered to be a best buy in the 1911 market.
    lol
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    lol
    What? He didn't say by how many people or at what IQ.

I know I have never owned or even fired a taurus but I swore them off when I went to my local gun store and the guy tried to sell me one but "Don't expect a good gun your 1st time, you usually have to send it back to taurus a couple of times." That was coming from a guy that wanted to sale me the gun. If I am going to trust my life on a gun then I want one I can count on.

But I agree with you Schlits, LOL.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Which really just means there really wasn't a warranty. I wonder how many guns Para actually services under warranty, compared to how many claims?
    I would suspect none. Their warranty is worthless. I had asked, "Why not just send me a new gun from production?". Their answer was that the serial number would be different. I laughed out loud at the customer rep and asked him what he thought was going to happen with a new frame. I am just dumbfounded by what I have found. Again, I had a part break on my KelTec and they sent it out the same day and at no charge for shipping. I had a S&W 625 that I damaged. I sent it to S&W and they repaired it for free. I was willing to pay, I was at fault. They fixed it as a "courtesy to our customer". I need to stop the whining, but I have never been treated like this before.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

I need to stop the whining, but I have never been treated like this before.
    Whining? You are helping out the community. You have had a bad experience from para that you are trying to keep others from having.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

I'm looking at buting the LTC, which will be my 5th 1911, I think... Its the cheapest, new, alloy framed, commander sized 1911 I can find. It's going for ~$550 on Bud's. I don't want a 4 inch like most other manufactures are going with. I want a Commander sized (4.25 inch barrel) 1911 with an alloy frame. That limits my options of which manufacture I can go with.

After reading about the Para LTC, the only real problems I can see are the plunger and the rear sight coming loose. There are workarounds, and the warranty, ofcourse, but I would rather not deal with that. So after researching all that, I think I would rather have another 1911 based on the 70 series.

I may have to go with a 5 inch model of another manufacture, or go with a used Colt Commander, if I can find one for around $550 (yea right ), which is around the price I was looking at the LTC on Buds. Bud's has a great deal on the LTC though, so I may just get the LTC. If I don't like it, or have problems with it... it will be time for a Colt Commander.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP I need to stop the whining.
    Gunny's don't whine--its an impossibility.

Therefore, you are not whining. However, gunny's are good at calling it like they see it. And, being very frank about it.

The Saga is Over

I received my Para 1911 LTC back on Saturday. Quick Cash in Florence, Ky did not charge me for the transfer, which I appreciate and want all of you to know how great these people are and if you are in need of a new gun, go say hi to them. Also, Para installed night sights and sent two free magazines for the trouble. It is at least an attempt to repair the difference's we had. It is not enough for me, but they tried. I have not shot it yet, plan to next week or I may just trade it somewhere and get something new. I have a lot of holsters for open carry of 1911's so I am sure that will be what I get. Thanks for everyone's comments and help.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Activist Member
    Just wanted to thank hotrod for his recommendation of the Taurus 1911. I purchased one today and put almost 300 rounds through it, 200 FMJ Winchester white box, 60 rounds of Hornady and gold dot JHP, and not one single malfunction.

I also have a Taurus 605 .357 magnum and it is the most accurate sub 2" revolver I own, and has withstood hundreds of full house rounds I find the Taurus to be a reliable product, and would recommend them to anyone.

For my first 1911, and being a polymer junkie, I'm very satisfied!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Just wanted to thank hotrod for his recommendation of the Taurus 1911. I purchased one today and put almost 300 rounds through it, 200 FMJ Winchester white box, 60 rounds of Hornady and gold dot JHP, and not one single malfunction.

I also have a Taurus 605 .357 magnum and it is the most accurate sub 2" revolver I own, and has withstood hundreds of full house rounds I find the Taurus to be a reliable product, and would recommend them to anyone.

For my first 1911, and being a polymer junkie, I'm very satisfied!
    Nope, those are Tauri. They're going to blow up. You don't even have to put ammo in them, they'll just blow up on their own.

Activist Member
    Hmm. Ok!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Thumbs up

I highly recommend Springfield Armory for their customer service. I had to get some work done on the plunger of my 1911 about a month ago (it was keeping the safety locked in the "on" position). I sent it to them and they had it back to me in about 10 days, fixed. They replaced the entire plunger tube assembly and restaked it to the frame. No charge, and they prepaid the freight both ways. I'm not even the original owner, and they didn't ask for any kind of receipt or warranty registration number. The only bad part was sending my gun to Illinois!

Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12