• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Para Ordanance Warranty

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
This seems to be a trend with Para. Do yourself a favor and get a Rock Island Armory. I have heard nothing but good about their customer service - but I've never had to use it ;)

Taurus also has a lifetime warranty that they have honored time and time again, which is good because half of their guns will arrive broken in the box.

Ex-taurus customer - warranty was great with a fast turn around, unfortunately I had to use it on half of the new in box guns I bought. I have this mental image of a warehouse in Brazil with chimpanzees just throwing parts into guns and shipping them off. Literally, monkeys and orangutangs fitting critical parts like sears and hammers into 1911s.

MonkeySecurity6.gif

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Ex-taurus customer - warranty was great with a fast turn around, unfortunately I had to use it on half of the new in box guns I bought. I have this mental image of a warehouse in Brazil with chimpanzees just throwing parts into guns and shipping them off. Literally, monkeys and orangutangs fitting critical parts like sears and hammers into 1911s.

I know this is a Para thread, but can't help mentioning that my experience parallels Schlitz on Taurus guns. With one exception--not half. All. 100%. Now, granted its only been two hand guns. But, they are two-for-two needing immediate return to the factory. Came out of the box that way.

hotrod

My Para shipped today. I have $179.26 in shipping and repair for a handgun that was under warranty. Tells me I will never buy another Para Ordnance. It has been as bad an experience as I have ever had.

flb_78

Ouch. 176 bucks buys a bunch of ammo. Sorry to hear that.

As for the Taurus comments, buy of my 24/7's have been flawless after thousands of rounds. I don't know what models y'all bought, but the PT1911 is considered to be a best buy in the 1911 market.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
My Para shipped today. I have $179.26 in shipping and repair for a handgun that was under warranty.

Which really just means there really wasn't a warranty. I wonder how many guns Para actually services under warranty, compared to how many claims?

buckfynn

Thanks Hotrod for the heads up on Para Ordnance's non-existent lifetime warranty. I have been looking at various 1911's. And now I will scratch Para off my 1911 list of firearms I am considering buying.

09jisaac

What? He didn't say by how many people or at what IQ.

I know I have never owned or even fired a taurus but I swore them off when I went to my local gun store and the guy tried to sell me one but "Don't expect a good gun your 1st time, you usually have to send it back to taurus a couple of times." That was coming from a guy that wanted to sale me the gun. If I am going to trust my life on a gun then I want one I can count on.

But I agree with you Schlits, LOL.

hotrod

Which really just means there really wasn't a warranty. I wonder how many guns Para actually services under warranty, compared to how many claims?

I would suspect none. Their warranty is worthless. I had asked, "Why not just send me a new gun from production?". Their answer was that the serial number would be different. I laughed out loud at the customer rep and asked him what he thought was going to happen with a new frame. I am just dumbfounded by what I have found. Again, I had a part break on my KelTec and they sent it out the same day and at no charge for shipping. I had a S&W 625 that I damaged. I sent it to S&W and they repaired it for free. I was willing to pay, I was at fault. They fixed it as a "courtesy to our customer". I need to stop the whining, but I have never been treated like this before.

carsontech

Activist Member
I'm looking at buting the LTC, which will be my 5th 1911, I think... Its the cheapest, new, alloy framed, commander sized 1911 I can find. It's going for ~$550 on Bud's. I don't want a 4 inch like most other manufactures are going with. I want a Commander sized (4.25 inch barrel) 1911 with an alloy frame. That limits my options of which manufacture I can go with.

After reading about the Para LTC, the only real problems I can see are the plunger and the rear sight coming loose. There are workarounds, and the warranty, ofcourse, but I would rather not deal with that. So after researching all that, I think I would rather have another 1911 based on the 70 series.

I may have to go with a 5 inch model of another manufacture, or go with a used Colt Commander, if I can find one for around $550 (yea right :cry: ), which is around the price I was looking at the LTC on Buds. Bud's has a great deal on the LTC though, so I may just get the LTC. If I don't like it, or have problems with it... it will be time for a Colt Commander.

Last edited:

hotrod

The Saga is Over

I received my Para 1911 LTC back on Saturday. Quick Cash in Florence, Ky did not charge me for the transfer, which I appreciate and want all of you to know how great these people are and if you are in need of a new gun, go say hi to them. Also, Para installed night sights and sent two free magazines for the trouble. It is at least an attempt to repair the difference's we had. It is not enough for me, but they tried. I have not shot it yet, plan to next week or I may just trade it somewhere and get something new. I have a lot of holsters for open carry of 1911's so I am sure that will be what I get. Thanks for everyone's comments and help.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Just wanted to thank hotrod for his recommendation of the Taurus 1911. I purchased one today and put almost 300 rounds through it, 200 FMJ Winchester white box, 60 rounds of Hornady and gold dot JHP, and not one single malfunction.

I also have a Taurus 605 .357 magnum and it is the most accurate sub 2" revolver I own, and has withstood hundreds of full house rounds I find the Taurus to be a reliable product, and would recommend them to anyone.

For my first 1911, and being a polymer junkie, I'm very satisfied!

flb_78

Just wanted to thank hotrod for his recommendation of the Taurus 1911. I purchased one today and put almost 300 rounds through it, 200 FMJ Winchester white box, 60 rounds of Hornady and gold dot JHP, and not one single malfunction.

I also have a Taurus 605 .357 magnum and it is the most accurate sub 2" revolver I own, and has withstood hundreds of full house rounds I find the Taurus to be a reliable product, and would recommend them to anyone.

For my first 1911, and being a polymer junkie, I'm very satisfied!

Nope, those are Tauri. They're going to blow up. You don't even have to put ammo in them, they'll just blow up on their own.

ManInBlack

I highly recommend Springfield Armory for their customer service. I had to get some work done on the plunger of my 1911 about a month ago (it was keeping the safety locked in the "on" position). I sent it to them and they had it back to me in about 10 days, fixed. They replaced the entire plunger tube assembly and restaked it to the frame. No charge, and they prepaid the freight both ways. I'm not even the original owner, and they didn't ask for any kind of receipt or warranty registration number. The only bad part was sending my gun to Illinois!

SilverOrange

I was looking at the Para just for the double stack, started research today, but now I won't be buying it just because of this. Customer service is a major factor for me. They need to make this right, and overhaul their stance on it. I work in a gun shop and I will be letting customers that ask me about the company know about this issue. So now not only did they lose out on the potential sales of the people posting in this thread, they have potentially lost the sales of people interested in the Para's at where I work. Somebody needs to send them a link to this thread, haha.