Thread: Would this be considered open carry...?

Would this be considered open carry...?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWhiteDesigns View Post
    Yeah it is open and visible.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Yeah it is open and visible.
    One could also say thay it's "secured in a container" by the standard definition of secured and container....

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

I vote for calling it OC.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

For some reason I don't like the idea of drawing a firearm under stress while it is pointed directly at my feet and legs. Also once drawn you only have 2 options to clear the steering wheel. 1) sweep the right leg and or knee if the threat is to your right. 2) sweep your left leg/femoral artery, groin and then possibly your stomach if the threat is to your left.

Maybe it's just me.
    Last edited by mobeewan; 02-03-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mobeewan View Post
    For some reason I don't like the idea of drawing a firearm under stress while it is pointed directly at my feet and legs. Also once drawn you only have 2 options to clear the steering wheel. 1) sweep the right leg and or knee if the threat is to your right. 2) sweep your left leg/femoral artery, groin and then possibly your stomach if the threat is to your left.

Maybe it's just me.
    I think like anything else this would require some training and practice, but I don't think 'sweeping' yourself is necessary. It appears that drawing, keeping the hot direction toward the dash as you bring it above the steering wheel and then circling the point over the wheel and out the windows (assuming right hand draw, because if you are strong left in a vehicle it constrains your movement as the driver) would be very functional. The other option would be draw and point up as you draw, firing from under the wheel would also work as you fall down into a semi-sheltered state. It appears to be a workable item.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Other Car Mount Options

I have been giving some thought to this one:
    http://www.texascustomholsters.com/c...photo-gallery/

I love it that's a great idea

Unless your car sits up high so no one can see under the wheel, then no. Not a good idea. I like it between the seat or in the door slot.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?