• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would this be considered open carry...?

mobeewan

For some reason I don't like the idea of drawing a firearm under stress while it is pointed directly at my feet and legs. Also once drawn you only have 2 options to clear the steering wheel. 1) sweep the right leg and or knee if the threat is to your right. 2) sweep your left leg/femoral artery, groin and then possibly your stomach if the threat is to your left.

Maybe it's just me.

Last edited:

nuc65

Activist Member
For some reason I don't like the idea of drawing a firearm under stress while it is pointed directly at my feet and legs. Also once drawn you only have 2 options to clear the steering wheel. 1) sweep the right leg and or knee if the threat is to your right. 2) sweep your left leg/femoral artery, groin and then possibly your stomach if the threat is to your left.

Maybe it's just me.

I think like anything else this would require some training and practice, but I don't think 'sweeping' yourself is necessary. It appears that drawing, keeping the hot direction toward the dash as you bring it above the steering wheel and then circling the point over the wheel and out the windows (assuming right hand draw, because if you are strong left in a vehicle it constrains your movement as the driver) would be very functional. The other option would be draw and point up as you draw, firing from under the wheel would also work as you fall down into a semi-sheltered state. It appears to be a workable item.