Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OC Bill SB680 progress

OC Bill SB680 progress

This bill has had a second reading and had been assigned to committee as of 2/2/2012

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

For the record, that is 15 days. I think it's required to be at least 2 weeks. Sen. Munzlinger is on that committee, so I'm sure he'll get it a fair hearing.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Good to see movement!!

I hope it maintains a forward motion.

Keep on going 680. Fingers are crossed waiting with anticipation.
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

Right on .

outstanding!!
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Now we need to get HB1618 and HB1638 on a calendar as well since the text is the exact same as SB680.
    Last edited by dkangel; 02-04-2012 at 09:52 AM.

w00t!
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Once again our politicians are only listening to part of the problem.

It needs an attachment that says specifically that they also may not restrict firearms and firearms accessories use, possession, manufacture, and the like beyond that of State law. Then we need to push the State to get in-line with the Federal laws on such things including who can qualify for a CCW endorsement. If you can lawfully make a purchase on a Form 4473 then you should be completely legal to obtain a CCW endorsement.

Idiots in JC are just as dumb as the ones in DC, they'll never think things all the way through.

Obviously Constitutional carry is where we need to be, but they certainly won't be bold enough to take it literally that far.

By the way, this is going to run into several MAJOR problems folks. The first is that OC'ing does not have a training requirement while CCW'ing does and that won't fly very long. The second is that the OC'ers should be prepared to face the same limitations on where they can carry as the CCW'ers do. Another is that OC doesn't require a background check while CCW does. (this last one is a simple fix, have an exemption for making a lawful purchase from a licensed FFL holder within the past 30 days for the background check process, of course I would like to see a NICS exemption by Missouri becoming a POC for NICS) Another is that the CCW endorsement language would deny an endorsement to someone from Missouri or any other state that was convicted of a Felony, but received a full restoration of rights from obtaining said endorsement while OC doesn't have such an exclusion and that won't last either. (it needs to change to the positive, not to the negative since that person received a full restoration of rights)

Look at that pattern of issues folks. It sets the stage for a FOID card system like Illinois has. Do we really want it to get that far?
    So if it gets through as written it's going to prompt such issues because our politicians simply don't think things through. Contact Senator Nieves and express your concerns for the can of worms this might open and lets all help him find a way to protect both sides without hurting either side.

This is a bill that needs to pass to protect the OC folks from inadvertently violating laws of other jurisdictions simply by crossing into them.

To quote Uncle Ted: The Constitution is my concealed carry permit!
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 02-05-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moneymaker View Post
    So do you think this bill will pass?If so how many stores do you think will have signs stating that you cant OC in there place of business which will be there right seeing it is private property?
    I see from your posts you are "NOT" and OC supporter but anti 2A!
    Exactly why from here on I will ignore your posts and continue to caution people on this andother forums to be careful what they post.
    NOT EVERYONE HERE SUPPORTS THE 2ND AMENDMENT OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS NOT ART1 SEC. 23 OF THE MISSOURI CONSTITUTION!

Be careful what you post and who you respnd too.

We can't do much about the trolls, but we can ignore the less than favorable posts and those who post them.

bye bye....
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Quote Originally Posted by REALteach4u View Post
    Once again our politicians are only listening to part of the problem.

It needs an attachment that says specifically that they also may not restrict firearms and firearms accessories use, possession, manufacture, and the like beyond that of State law. Then we need to push the State to get in-line with the Federal laws on such things including who can qualify for a CCW endorsement. If you can lawfully make a purchase on a Form 4473 then you should be completely legal to obtain a CCW endorsement.

Idiots in JC are just as dumb as the ones in DC, they'll never think things all the way through.

Obviously Constitutional carry is where we need to be, but they certainly won't be bold enough to take it literally that far.

By the way, this is going to run into several MAJOR problems folks. The first is that OC'ing does not have a training requirement while CCW'ing does and that won't fly very long. The second is that the OC'ers should be prepared to face the same limitations on where they can carry as the CCW'ers do. Another is that OC doesn't require a background check while CCW does. (this last one is a simple fix, have an exemption for making a lawful purchase from a licensed FFL holder within the past 30 days for the background check process, of course I would like to see a NICS exemption by Missouri becoming a POC for NICS) Another is that the CCW endorsement language would deny an endorsement to someone from Missouri or any other state that was convicted of a Felony, but received a full restoration of rights from obtaining said endorsement while OC doesn't have such an exclusion and that won't last either. (it needs to change to the positive, not to the negative since that person received a full restoration of rights)

Look at that pattern of issues folks. It sets the stage for a FOID card system like Illinois has. Do we really want it to get that far?
    So if it gets through as written it's going to prompt such issues because our politicians simply don't think things through. Contact Senator Nieves and express your concerns for the can of worms this might open and lets all help him find a way to protect both sides without hurting either side.

This is a bill that needs to pass to protect the OC folks from inadvertently violating laws of other jurisdictions simply by crossing into them.

To quote Uncle Ted: The Constitution is my concealed carry permit!

Name:  facepalm.gif
Views: 240
Size:  270 Bytes

So do you think this bill will pass?If so how many stores do you think will have signs stating that you cant OC in there place of business which will be there right seeing it is private property?
    Don't know and neither do you. This is the same argument many of the anti-2a folks said about CCW in MO. Well, guess what, it didn't happen. Just like the blood in the streets comments from every other anti-CCWer. So your argument is void.

No you are wrong i do support OC and Missouri is very far behind in times as to what it really means,But because i make a post about how i see fit the way you guys are thumping your chest about Starbucks and having group gatherings standing in a store front getting pictures taken is sending the wrong message to alot of folks against being armed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do as you wish if you dont want me here but you are then being a hypocrit as to me not having another Amendment on the matter,FREEDOM OF SPEECH
    As I stated about another one of your posts (maybe in a different forum too), Just a word of advice, using some correct grammer and punctuation goes a long way in gaining credibility in any of your arguments. It helps people comprehend what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Don't know and neither do you. This is the same argument many of the anti-2a folks said about CCW in MO. Well, guess what, it didn't happen. Just like the blood in the streets comments from every other anti-CCWer. So your argument is void.

As I stated about another one of your posts (maybe in a different forum too), Just a word of advice, using some correct grammer and punctuation goes a long way in gaining credibility in any of your arguments. It helps people comprehend what you are saying.
    Ignore him, he just signed onto OC forum this month and is not a supporter. Best to just not respond to the posts. I don't, others may if they wish, but this person is of no value to the cause.

SHUN HIM!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Ignore him, he just signed onto OC forum this month and is not a supporter. Best to just not respond to the posts. I don't, others may if they wish, but this person is of no value to the cause.

SHUN HIM!
    He's been on another forum spouting similar information.

You are right.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    Shows your true meaning to the word VALUE!!!!!!!!No wonder you all have such a hard time getting thru to Jeff city,Maybe you can show them some pictures of your big Starbuck group hug fest and put it on youtube as well
    See you have plenty of your freedom of speech. You were able to say yet another derogatory comment. Why are you getting huffy when others aren't agreeing? You have to remember most of the people on here have been fighting for the cause for a long time. Weather you like the tactics or not. They have made the progress in recognition of the problem of the loss of freedoms in this state. and with that we now have politicians putting forth work to get back those freedoms that were lost. So now that the car is moving in the right direction you want to complain about who got it started?

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    See you have plenty of your freedom of speech. You were able to say yet another derogatory comment. Why are you getting huffy when others aren't agreeing? You have to remember most of the people on here have been fighting for the cause for a long time. Weather you like the tactics or not. They have made the progress in recognition of the problem of the loss of freedoms in this state. and with that we now have politicians putting forth work to get back those freedoms that were lost. So now that the car is moving in the right direction you want to complain about who got it started?

Doc
    DOC, I won't even bother to comment on those foks posts... .No reason to debate we educate!
    we are for now now promoting a lot of public awareness, we have that. we are looking for constitutional rights to be restored.
    A good numbre of th people we engaged in the awareness effort are now contacting their legislators and promoting the cause.

Why are they doing so? because they believe in liberty and constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    He's been on another forum spouting similar information.

You are right.
    Yep, he's very well liked over there too......:sarcasm:
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

If STL and KC get their way, no. If our politicians see that it sets the citizen up for failure since there is no way to truly know which ones have used this law then yes.

Should it pass? ABSOLUTELY! And it should be done with NO compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    I see from your posts you are "NOT" and OC supporter but anti 2A!
    Exactly why from here on I will ignore your posts and continue to caution people on this andother forums to be careful what they post.
    NOT EVERYONE HERE SUPPORTS THE 2ND AMENDMENT OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS NOT ART1 SEC. 23 OF THE MISSOURI CONSTITUTION!

Be careful what you post and who you respnd too.

We can't do much about the trolls, but we can ignore the less than favorable posts and those who post them.

bye bye....
    And sadly the hypocrite continues to make such posts. You simply will never learn to think outside the box and look at where a bill or issue just might lead. If you were of that mindset then you would have sent Senator Nieves a nice little letter suggesting what it might lead to and present ideas on how to handle it. But like usual you're too busy tooting your own horn, so loudly that you can't (won't) listen to others.

If I'm not mistaken part of that sounded like a prompt to let moneymaker know that he'll mount a personal attack if he doesn't watch what he posts. Well I'll just chime right in then!

moneymaker, you're dead-on. That could be a genuine reality as could other issues I've illustrated here AND to Senator Nieves. mpsgunner refuses to listen to those of an educated and intelligent mind who conflict with his personal wants and desires. If it wasn't his idea then obviously it wasn't a good one...or what I've already heard from him: stop posting such things, the anti's are all over the board and we don't want to tip our hand. (only for him to turn around and post almost exactly the same thing) What he also refuses to realize is they have folks in their camp that have already thought of such things and quite a few more.

The OCDO folks may be in for one hell of a rude awakening if they're found asleep at the wheel on this. With CCW safety training standards on the books and limitations on where endorsement holders can carry you all should expect some sort of amendment or compromise to occur (thanks to KC and STL) that would place those same restrictions on open carry.

If you can't see that as a potential you don't have your head in the sand, you have it up your rear-end!

This is why it's important that this bill pass with no compromises. It's up to us to play watch-dog so that some last minute alteration doesn't occur like what happened in HB294.

I won't go into a statistical probability prediction if/when this passes. You can bet LE agencies already are.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 02-12-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Thats was my point,It seems if they dont like you on this forum for not being in agreement with them ,Well they wanna play this grammar game or try to get others to not respond to you,Well i am sure when the other folks who do troll these boards see all these post from mspgunner always saying hey dont respond to them anymore,Hey that persons a MORON,Or hey we are here to Teach,,,,,Well it seems after reading alot of his post that all he has is one big brown nose and i have not seen anything come from this fellow besides mostly cut and past quotes from alot of others.... So i have contacted alot of folks who need to be contacted as i want OC as i hate always having to worry if my gun is showing when i sit down or get up from a table at a resturant,But i"ll be damn if a take part in some playground elementary style meet and great at Starbucks and other little places to take photos and group hugs with weapons hanging out just to fuel all the Antis waiting for these oppurtunities.Well i came here to this forum to see what new laws have went to reading or maybe about to pass,but i will not return here anymore and wont support this forum due to a few fellows on here that cant have a true discussion about true scenerios as they are afraid of the outcome,EXAMPLE AGAIN

Do you think Starbucks brought this out about OC to gain money from the firearm community? Sure they did,just like gay and same sex marriage,they support,Its a money in the bank for them!!!!
    But if they are just Neutral and not involved as some are saying,then why did they get a big press issue over it?

Do you think it will hurt a Local Business or a place like this Valentines Day meet with folks all lined up in crowds with exposed weapons,Walking around laughing ,taking pics,video cameras for youtube postings ????? Sure it will and there will be folks there to take pics then to point out all the bad in the pics from it and when you post them youtube videos they will pick them apart also as why not to pass the bill.

Heck look at the last group photo shoot,all i can say is alot of cheap unsecured holsters,Silly ccw badge hanging on pants as i assume they wanna be a Police Officer look alike,The list just goes on and i can say that with promoting OC they way you are,Well its not gonna happen as you cant just go around taking pictures and videos and acting like you are some interenet hero. In conclusion i may not be a lawyer type,have the best grammar as i am just a country boy who loves my guns,hunting ,fishing and my family,But i dont need to be seen as being told i am a FOOL on a forum just because my typing skills are not done by a english teacher or that i should be shunned for not having the same line of ass kissing skills as MSPGUNNER so if you dont want me here fine you got the key send me down the road as then the way i see it you have taught me nothing except how to copy and paste to other forums why not to join this one.
    For some, this is what I'd call the full display of X XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX. Sort of: Look, here's my gun, I'm a big tough man now. Or: I'm not scared of anything, I've got my gun right here...do you see it? A quality holster with at least two good retention devices for open carry and the TRAINING to retain that firearm from an individual standpoint to help attempt to or defeat the determined attempt at th gun-grab if, God forbid should it ever happen. The question I always have is how many of the folks that attend those actually know what firearm retention actually is and have such a skill set in practice. I expect many of them will claim it's a part of the holster and would pee themselves if someone actually came up and grabbed their firearm. I know of at least one in my area that would do just that because his spacial awareness and his mouth often get him into trouble with others.

Since you jack-wagons want to mount an attack on a newbie, I have a question for you. Where were your phone calls when a particular radio show started covering pros and cons of OC and CCW last year? Oh that's right, not a single phone call from any of you occurred and I can guarantee that because I was in attendance of that show on both airings. Some had even received a direct invite to call the show because their opinion was valued. Well no more. It's clear that your intent is to divide the cause rather than bring it together as one.

--Moderator edit with warning--
    So I'll stress the point of the thread.

Support the bill folks. It needs to pass. Write your lawmakers and ask that this be supported and write Senator Nieves to thank him for submitting such a bill. If you see potential conflicts or issues that might stir as a result of this bill make sure to let the Senator know what you're thinking. You never know when you'll hit on something that turns on a light bulb with any of them.

I sent my thoughts to my politicians as well as Senator Nieves. I hope they are well received. He has my support on this bill.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 02-12-2012 at 10:15 AM.

My personal experience here, as a newbie, ended almost as quickly as it began.
    Why? Attitude. Though it was the attitude of basically one individual...I felt that it must be indicative of the whole.
    The very thought that someone else might effect change or resolution outside of this group was absurd and he was going to ensure that I knew that.

I am sorry to say that I am reading this same attitude in some of these posts.
    I come here occasionally to see if anything relevant has transpired.
    I too, felt (and expressed) that I thought the "Meet n' Greet, photo op, you tube" experience was more a display of self promotion and opportunity for sensationalism (though I understand the aspect of comradery).
    For that opinion, I was belittled, insulted, and berated.

I am satisfied with just coming on every once in a while as I have been, but could not help but to comment on this discourse.
    People with differing opinions and perspectives are not a threat, but are an asset.
    I'm sorry to see this type of conversation even occurring in the context of "Freedoms and Liberties"...telling others to shun someone of differing opinion? Really? Shameful.

~lincomores

Wow! There are thousands of members on OCDO. Just because we are all here sharing a common interest in firearms and OC doesn't mean we are all going to agree all the time or even all like each other.

Everyone is free to come and go obviously, but to not visit OCDO because you get sideways with one or two people out of thousands seems kind of silly to me. *shrug* To each their own....

Accomplished Advocate
    LOL never mind

SB680 remains a good bill and I just wanted to thank you all for using the thread someone created to discuss it's progress to whine, nothing exposes the truth like ones own words.

I sometimes wonder what that must feel like.

*sniff*
    Last edited by LMTD; 02-12-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: No real reason, I was just entertained by the whining
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Accomplished Advocate
    This is one reason i would never want to meet and greet alot of you,A bunch of self promoting glory mongers.Sure is sad you cant man up and admitt your faults,I will be sure to add this to my next round of emails to the Politicians to look at this forum and see if it is really a bill they wanna work on seeing the community forum that supports it dont support its members or can have a rational discussion without the forum leaders calling everyone MORONS and telling folks to SHUN them because they dont agree on certain issues!!!!!
    No one expected less from you sir, you have demonstrated that you do not support OC on several occasions. BTW several of the politicians do reference this forum as well as others. That is what several folks fail to understand, lots of folks are watching.

I have a great many faults, one is that I stand up for folks rights even the ones I do not agree with myself. As I have said more than once, I love the freedom of speech, it identifies the stupid people.

Now that you have actually gone on record right here indicating you are going to try and kill OC legislation, you have not only confirmed you do not have the courage to stand for the second amendment and in doing so have indeed confirmed the "moron" title you were given all by yourself.

The folks you speak of are indeed standing for your rights without regard for your failings, they are putting monies forward, they are lobbying so you have choice despite the fact that you seek at every turn to kill their efforts.

I for one thank you for this posting, it totally confirmed what so many have said about you and clearly identifies where you stand, perhaps some of the others who thought they were going to try and support your opinions and validate them by pointing out my or others faults will now consider their position and will again understand, it is not about me or any other, it is about OC and some of those for OC are not nice, warm and fuzzy, we are just about choice for all.

Thank you again for making your choice so clearly known to all, it helps identify
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

The "Badge" is NOT a CCW badge, he is a licensed officer.. Details I will not include.
    To come out and be against the pending legislation.... If you have a better idea go for it and good luck.

We need support, not critics. There will be plenty of them through the "process".

What is proposed did not happen over night, it took over a year to find sponsors, pen wording (which the legislators had every righ to change or modify).

If your not happy.... "we" did the best we could, there for what you see is what "we" could get.

Constitutional carry... NOT going to happen this year. If you can find support for it "we" are all in favor of it, but the legislature is NOT!
    END!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast