• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Bill SB680 progress

REALteach4u

So do you think this bill will pass?If so how many stores do you think will have signs stating that you cant OC in there place of business which will be there right seeing it is private property?

If STL and KC get their way, no. If our politicians see that it sets the citizen up for failure since there is no way to truly know which ones have used this law then yes.

Should it pass? ABSOLUTELY! And it should be done with NO compromises.

REALteach4u

I see from your posts you are "NOT" and OC supporter but anti 2A!
Exactly why from here on I will ignore your posts and continue to caution people on this andother forums to be careful what they post.
NOT EVERYONE HERE SUPPORTS THE 2ND AMENDMENT OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS NOT ART1 SEC. 23 OF THE MISSOURI CONSTITUTION!

Be careful what you post and who you respnd too.

We can't do much about the trolls, but we can ignore the less than favorable posts and those who post them.

bye bye....

And sadly the hypocrite continues to make such posts. You simply will never learn to think outside the box and look at where a bill or issue just might lead. If you were of that mindset then you would have sent Senator Nieves a nice little letter suggesting what it might lead to and present ideas on how to handle it. But like usual you're too busy tooting your own horn, so loudly that you can't (won't) listen to others.

If I'm not mistaken part of that sounded like a prompt to let moneymaker know that he'll mount a personal attack if he doesn't watch what he posts. Well I'll just chime right in then!

moneymaker, you're dead-on. That could be a genuine reality as could other issues I've illustrated here AND to Senator Nieves. mpsgunner refuses to listen to those of an educated and intelligent mind who conflict with his personal wants and desires. If it wasn't his idea then obviously it wasn't a good one...or what I've already heard from him: stop posting such things, the anti's are all over the board and we don't want to tip our hand. (only for him to turn around and post almost exactly the same thing) What he also refuses to realize is they have folks in their camp that have already thought of such things and quite a few more.

The OCDO folks may be in for one hell of a rude awakening if they're found asleep at the wheel on this. With CCW safety training standards on the books and limitations on where endorsement holders can carry you all should expect some sort of amendment or compromise to occur (thanks to KC and STL) that would place those same restrictions on open carry.

If you can't see that as a potential you don't have your head in the sand, you have it up your rear-end!

This is why it's important that this bill pass with no compromises. It's up to us to play watch-dog so that some last minute alteration doesn't occur like what happened in HB294.

I won't go into a statistical probability prediction if/when this passes. You can bet LE agencies already are.

Last edited:

moneymaker

Thats was my point,It seems if they dont like you on this forum for not being in agreement with them ,Well they wanna play this grammar game or try to get others to not respond to you,Well i am sure when the other folks who do troll these boards see all these post from mspgunner always saying hey dont respond to them anymore,Hey that persons a MORON,Or hey we are here to Teach,,,,,Well it seems after reading alot of his post that all he has is one big brown nose and i have not seen anything come from this fellow besides mostly cut and past quotes from alot of others.... So i have contacted alot of folks who need to be contacted as i want OC as i hate always having to worry if my gun is showing when i sit down or get up from a table at a resturant,But i"ll be damn if a take part in some playground elementary style meet and great at Starbucks and other little places to take photos and group hugs with weapons hanging out just to fuel all the Antis waiting for these oppurtunities.Well i came here to this forum to see what new laws have went to reading or maybe about to pass,but i will not return here anymore and wont support this forum due to a few fellows on here that cant have a true discussion about true scenerios as they are afraid of the outcome,EXAMPLE AGAIN

Do you think Starbucks brought this out about OC to gain money from the firearm community? Sure they did,just like gay and same sex marriage,they support,Its a money in the bank for them!!!!
But if they are just Neutral and not involved as some are saying,then why did they get a big press issue over it?

Do you think it will hurt a Local Business or a place like this Valentines Day meet with folks all lined up in crowds with exposed weapons,Walking around laughing ,taking pics,video cameras for youtube postings ????? Sure it will and there will be folks there to take pics then to point out all the bad in the pics from it and when you post them youtube videos they will pick them apart also as why not to pass the bill.

Heck look at the last group photo shoot,all i can say is alot of cheap unsecured holsters,Silly ccw badge hanging on pants as i assume they wanna be a Police Officer look alike,The list just goes on and i can say that with promoting OC they way you are,Well its not gonna happen as you cant just go around taking pictures and videos and acting like you are some interenet hero. In conclusion i may not be a lawyer type,have the best grammar as i am just a country boy who loves my guns,hunting ,fishing and my family,But i dont need to be seen as being told i am a FOOL on a forum just because my typing skills are not done by a english teacher or that i should be shunned for not having the same line of ass kissing skills as MSPGUNNER so if you dont want me here fine you got the key send me down the road as then the way i see it you have taught me nothing except how to copy and paste to other forums why not to join this one.

moneymaker

DOC, I won't even bother to comment on those foks posts... .No reason to debate we educate!
we are for now now promoting a lot of public awareness, we have that. we are looking for constitutional rights to be restored.
A good numbre of th people we engaged in the awareness effort are now contacting their legislators and promoting the cause.

Why are they doing so? because they believe in liberty and constitutional rights.

Tell me where you EDUCATE ? Is it by telling me i am a Moron and telling others to Shun me and not to respond to me ????????You dont even know me and here yet you want to Disgrace me ? You sir wont get things in Life by being such a Hypocrit

moneymaker

Ignore him, he just signed onto OC forum this month and is not a supporter. Best to just not respond to the posts. I don't, others may if they wish, but this person is of no value to the cause.

SHUN HIM!

Not a supporter? Why because i wont go do a photo shoot at Starbucks?Because i feel Starbucks did this just to gain Revenue?So emailing and making phone calls to every politician i can to hope they support the bill is not supporting?Because i dont agree with your post on all matters to you means i am no supporter?

Really tell me why in your own words today why you think i am no supporter seeing you know me all so well sir.

REALteach4u

Thats was my point,It seems if they dont like you on this forum for not being in agreement with them ,Well they wanna play this grammar game or try to get others to not respond to you,Well i am sure when the other folks who do troll these boards see all these post from mspgunner always saying hey dont respond to them anymore,Hey that persons a MORON,Or hey we are here to Teach,,,,,Well it seems after reading alot of his post that all he has is one big brown nose and i have not seen anything come from this fellow besides mostly cut and past quotes from alot of others.... So i have contacted alot of folks who need to be contacted as i want OC as i hate always having to worry if my gun is showing when i sit down or get up from a table at a resturant,But i"ll be damn if a take part in some playground elementary style meet and great at Starbucks and other little places to take photos and group hugs with weapons hanging out just to fuel all the Antis waiting for these oppurtunities.Well i came here to this forum to see what new laws have went to reading or maybe about to pass,but i will not return here anymore and wont support this forum due to a few fellows on here that cant have a true discussion about true scenerios as they are afraid of the outcome,EXAMPLE AGAIN

Do you think Starbucks brought this out about OC to gain money from the firearm community? Sure they did,just like gay and same sex marriage,they support,Its a money in the bank for them!!!!
But if they are just Neutral and not involved as some are saying,then why did they get a big press issue over it?

Do you think it will hurt a Local Business or a place like this Valentines Day meet with folks all lined up in crowds with exposed weapons,Walking around laughing ,taking pics,video cameras for youtube postings ????? Sure it will and there will be folks there to take pics then to point out all the bad in the pics from it and when you post them youtube videos they will pick them apart also as why not to pass the bill.

Heck look at the last group photo shoot,all i can say is alot of cheap unsecured holsters,Silly ccw badge hanging on pants as i assume they wanna be a Police Officer look alike,The list just goes on and i can say that with promoting OC they way you are,Well its not gonna happen as you cant just go around taking pictures and videos and acting like you are some interenet hero. In conclusion i may not be a lawyer type,have the best grammar as i am just a country boy who loves my guns,hunting ,fishing and my family,But i dont need to be seen as being told i am a FOOL on a forum just because my typing skills are not done by a english teacher or that i should be shunned for not having the same line of ass kissing skills as MSPGUNNER so if you dont want me here fine you got the key send me down the road as then the way i see it you have taught me nothing except how to copy and paste to other forums why not to join this one.

For some, this is what I'd call the full display of X XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX. Sort of: Look, here's my gun, I'm a big tough man now. Or: I'm not scared of anything, I've got my gun right here...do you see it? A quality holster with at least two good retention devices for open carry and the TRAINING to retain that firearm from an individual standpoint to help attempt to or defeat the determined attempt at th gun-grab if, God forbid should it ever happen. The question I always have is how many of the folks that attend those actually know what firearm retention actually is and have such a skill set in practice. I expect many of them will claim it's a part of the holster and would pee themselves if someone actually came up and grabbed their firearm. I know of at least one in my area that would do just that because his spacial awareness and his mouth often get him into trouble with others.

Since you jack-wagons want to mount an attack on a newbie, I have a question for you. Where were your phone calls when a particular radio show started covering pros and cons of OC and CCW last year? Oh that's right, not a single phone call from any of you occurred and I can guarantee that because I was in attendance of that show on both airings. Some had even received a direct invite to call the show because their opinion was valued. Well no more. It's clear that your intent is to divide the cause rather than bring it together as one.

--Moderator edit with warning--

So I'll stress the point of the thread.

Support the bill folks. It needs to pass. Write your lawmakers and ask that this be supported and write Senator Nieves to thank him for submitting such a bill. If you see potential conflicts or issues that might stir as a result of this bill make sure to let the Senator know what you're thinking. You never know when you'll hit on something that turns on a light bulb with any of them.

I sent my thoughts to my politicians as well as Senator Nieves. I hope they are well received. He has my support on this bill.

Last edited:

lincomores

My personal experience here, as a newbie, ended almost as quickly as it began.
Why? Attitude. Though it was the attitude of basically one individual...I felt that it must be indicative of the whole.
The very thought that someone else might effect change or resolution outside of this group was absurd and he was going to ensure that I knew that.

I am sorry to say that I am reading this same attitude in some of these posts.
I come here occasionally to see if anything relevant has transpired.
I too, felt (and expressed) that I thought the "Meet n' Greet, photo op, you tube" experience was more a display of self promotion and opportunity for sensationalism (though I understand the aspect of comradery).
For that opinion, I was belittled, insulted, and berated.

I am satisfied with just coming on every once in a while as I have been, but could not help but to comment on this discourse.
People with differing opinions and perspectives are not a threat, but are an asset.
I'm sorry to see this type of conversation even occurring in the context of "Freedoms and Liberties"...telling others to shun someone of differing opinion? Really? Shameful.

~lincomores

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Wow! There are thousands of members on OCDO. Just because we are all here sharing a common interest in firearms and OC doesn't mean we are all going to agree all the time or even all like each other.

Everyone is free to come and go obviously, but to not visit OCDO because you get sideways with one or two people out of thousands seems kind of silly to me. *shrug* To each their own....

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
LOL never mind

SB680 remains a good bill and I just wanted to thank you all for using the thread someone created to discuss it's progress to whine, nothing exposes the truth like ones own words.

I sometimes wonder what that must feel like.

*sniff*

Last edited:

moneymaker

LOL never mind

SB680 remains a good bill and I just wanted to thank you all for using the thread someone created to discuss it's progress to whine, nothing exposes the truth like ones own words.

*sniff*

This is one reason i would never want to meet and greet alot of you,A bunch of self promoting glory mongers.Sure is sad you cant man up and admitt your faults,I will be sure to add this to my next round of emails to the Politicians to look at this forum and see if it is really a bill they wanna work on seeing the community forum that supports it dont support its members or can have a rational discussion without the forum leaders calling everyone MORONS and telling folks to SHUN them because they dont agree on certain issues!!!!!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
This is one reason i would never want to meet and greet alot of you,A bunch of self promoting glory mongers.Sure is sad you cant man up and admitt your faults,I will be sure to add this to my next round of emails to the Politicians to look at this forum and see if it is really a bill they wanna work on seeing the community forum that supports it dont support its members or can have a rational discussion without the forum leaders calling everyone MORONS and telling folks to SHUN them because they dont agree on certain issues!!!!!

No one expected less from you sir, you have demonstrated that you do not support OC on several occasions. BTW several of the politicians do reference this forum as well as others. That is what several folks fail to understand, lots of folks are watching.

I have a great many faults, one is that I stand up for folks rights even the ones I do not agree with myself. As I have said more than once, I love the freedom of speech, it identifies the stupid people.

Now that you have actually gone on record right here indicating you are going to try and kill OC legislation, you have not only confirmed you do not have the courage to stand for the second amendment and in doing so have indeed confirmed the "moron" title you were given all by yourself.

The folks you speak of are indeed standing for your rights without regard for your failings, they are putting monies forward, they are lobbying so you have choice despite the fact that you seek at every turn to kill their efforts.

I for one thank you for this posting, it totally confirmed what so many have said about you and clearly identifies where you stand, perhaps some of the others who thought they were going to try and support your opinions and validate them by pointing out my or others faults will now consider their position and will again understand, it is not about me or any other, it is about OC and some of those for OC are not nice, warm and fuzzy, we are just about choice for all.

Thank you again for making your choice so clearly known to all, it helps identify :)

mspgunner

The "Badge" is NOT a CCW badge, he is a licensed officer.. Details I will not include.
To come out and be against the pending legislation.... If you have a better idea go for it and good luck.

We need support, not critics. There will be plenty of them through the "process".

What is proposed did not happen over night, it took over a year to find sponsors, pen wording (which the legislators had every righ to change or modify).

If your not happy.... "we" did the best we could, there for what you see is what "we" could get.

Constitutional carry... NOT going to happen this year. If you can find support for it "we" are all in favor of it, but the legislature is NOT!
END!

Redbaron007

For some, this is what I'd call the full display of a phallic symbol....wearing your dick on your hip. Sort of: Look, here's my gun, I'm a big tough man now. Or: I'm not scared of anything, I've got my gun right here...do you see it? A quality holster with at least two good retention devices for open carry and the TRAINING to retain that firearm from an individual standpoint to help attempt to or defeat the determined attempt at th gun-grab if, God forbid should it ever happen. The question I always have is how many of the folks that attend those actually know what firearm retention actually is and have such a skill set in practice. I expect many of them will claim it's a part of the holster and would pee themselves if someone actually came up and grabbed their firearm. I know of at least one in my area that would do just that because his spacial awareness and his mouth often get him into trouble with others.

Since you jack-wagons want to mount an attack on a newbie, I have a question for you. Where were your phone calls when a particular radio show started covering pros and cons of OC and CCW last year? Oh that's right, not a single phone call from any of you occurred and I can guarantee that because I was in attendance of that show on both airings. Some had even received a direct invite to call the show because their opinion was valued. Well no more. It's clear that your intent is to divide the cause rather than bring it together as one.

So I'll stress the point of the thread.

Support the bill folks. It needs to pass. Write your lawmakers and ask that this be supported and write Senator Nieves to thank him for submitting such a bill. If you see potential conflicts or issues that might stir as a result of this bill make sure to let the Senator know what you're thinking. You never know when you'll hit on something that turns on a light bulb with any of them.

I sent my thoughts to my politicians as well as Senator Nieves. I hope they are well received. He has my support on this bill.

I feel sorry for you. Do you still work for Canovi?

Thanks for supporting SB680.

Redbaron007

WOW! :shocker:

Sorry to hear; I was hoping to meet you in person one day. Guess not now. :(

lincomores

LOL never mind

*sniff*

It isn't at all about "whining."
Folks carry different perspectives.
Some folks look at things from different angles which, overall, is extremely beneficial in the end.
I was just pointing out that some don't seem to appreciated that type of thinking...all fine and good, but to dismiss that viewpoint or opinion and then to classify it as "whining" worthy of shunning...
Disturbing to say the least.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing for the overall good...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran

Nice. Now I would call this counterproductive. Internecine warfare is only going to help the anti-gunners. It is one thing to come here and argue amongst ourselves. That is normal and healthy and gives all of us things to consider and think about and arguing with each other over valid disagreement helps us sharpen our arguments to use against the anti-2A types. Doing it on a public forum has certain inherent risks, but also potential benefits.

On the other hand, drawing the attention of those who would work against the broader 2A rights to these disagreements because of hurt feelings, for revenge, or to damage efforts to pass a pro-2A bill that is not pure enough or not quite to someone's liking or other personal motives runs the risk of derailing all 2A efforts for at least this legislative session. I am all for spirited discussion. And I have been on the minority side in such situations, arguing passionately for my position. But that is very different than sabatogue.

Playing such games often ends in not only those you disagree with losing their argument, but with you finding that you have become a pawn of the enemy of both. I have been through these similar fights numerous times in the 16 years for my industry organization and have seen this process up close and personal. In this case I think the wind is blowing in our favor and that we will only strengthen our ability to not only improve any OC bill from this year in the future, but also to block antis UNLESS we play into their hands.

Moneymaker, I haven't jumped your case in any of these threads nor have I taken sides beyond thinking that either bill is better than the status quo. I am strongly urging you to reconsider your above stated intended actions. You may be mad at a few people and you may not like the manner in which they have chosen to support OC, but please do not try to sabatogue either of these bills. I am stuck in a city that doesn't allow OC at all so we all have CCWs. Please try to see this from our perspective and know that even if we get OC with a CCW we will all still be fighting for constitutional OC and constitutional carry in general because iit is the right thing to do.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
it as "whining" worthy of shunning...
Disturbing to say the least.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing for the overall good...

I respect you for having served.

Whining is a protected right, you are quite welcome to do it. I fully support your right to whine about me not being particularly nice to you, just don't expect it to be called anything other than what it is sir.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I would remind all, particularly the newer members, to discuss facts relative to the subject not personality issues. Also certain language and content is frowned upon here and may earn more than a warning w/o further notice.

Let's not even consider who started it (so grade schoolish don't you think?) for each of us is responsible for our own words and attitudes.

'Nuff said I hope. Back on topic please.

Festus_Hagen

Well, you have put in concrete your position. I was gonna respond to your earlier post about " It seems if they dont like you on this forum for not being in agreement with them ", but alas, I'm not wasting my time. You sir, are the problem.