Thread: Milita and Polic tonight 2-2-2012

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Milita and Polic tonight 2-2-2012

To be honest, it was DULL. I'm not in a hurry to put up the audio.
    Everything went VCDL except the Commonwealth Attorney bill.

The big news is that Philip and Horowitz actually agreed on a bill.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    To be honest, it was DULL. I'm not in a hurry to put up the audio.
    Everything went VCDL except the Commonwealth Attorney bill.

The big news is that Philip and Horowitz actually agreed on a bill.
    Don't bother on my account... however, do you happen to recall any particular arguments they had against HB 25? (This was the privacy of CHP applications bill.) Was the Virginia Press Association there? Ms. Stanley, I believe?

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 02-02-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Arg, did it again.

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Don't bother on my account... however, do you happen to recall any particular arguments they had against HB 25? (This was the privacy of CHP applications bill.) Was the Virginia Press Association there? Ms. Stanley, I believe?

TFred
    I do need to put it up just to keep everyone up to date Tfred.
    The privacy argument was really a pretty good one. The Press lobbyest was there and really didn't make any sense but the real argument came From Megan Rhyne, Director of VCOG. She wants Government records open, not secret. There is a great deal to be said for that.
    I like Megan and am a member of VCOG. She's not anti gun, just pro open Government. I need to remind her that Police Officers as an example, have their information hidden from disclosure in real estate and other Government records.

Centurion

TFred
    Yes, the press was there and a group which is for open government - all spoke against the bill. I basically pointed out that lives were at stake and CHP info had to be kept private.

Thanks for the reports. The Senate's CoJ will still be the tougher battle on this.

I wonder why none of these press or open government folks are lobbying for open license plate or drivers license records? After all, how are we to know that the government is doing an adequate job of keeping bad drivers off the roads?

TFred

Thanks for the reports. The Senate's CoJ will still be the tougher battle on this.

I wonder why none of these press or open government folks are lobbying for open license plate or drivers license records? After all, how are we to know that the government is doing an adequate job of keeping bad drivers off the roads?

TFred
    The Drivers License privacy was mentioned Tfred.
    I'll get the Video up soon. These take a little more time since there isn't a sound board in those rooms.

Might even be a little surprise in there from the anti's
    Last edited by peter nap; 02-03-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Bill HB949

This is camera audio and I have an H4n to sync to but I haven't even finished downloading the other 3 cameras yet.
    This clip is interesting if you listen to it...
    As a matter of fact, this was an historic night. Horowitz agrees with Philip and Goddard agrees with me

That's just scary!