• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milita and Polic tonight 2-2-2012

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
To be honest, it was DULL. I'm not in a hurry to put up the audio.
Everything went VCDL except the Commonwealth Attorney bill.

The big news is that Philip and Horowitz actually agreed on a bill.:lol::lol:

TFred

To be honest, it was DULL. I'm not in a hurry to put up the audio.
Everything went VCDL except the Commonwealth Attorney bill.

The big news is that Philip and Horowitz actually agreed on a bill.:lol::lol:
Don't bother on my account... however, do you happen to recall any particular arguments they had against HB 25? (This was the privacy of CHP applications bill.) Was the Virginia Press Association there? Ms. Stanley, I believe?

TFred

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Don't bother on my account... however, do you happen to recall any particular arguments they had against HB 25? (This was the privacy of CHP applications bill.) Was the Virginia Press Association there? Ms. Stanley, I believe?

TFred

I do need to put it up just to keep everyone up to date Tfred.
The privacy argument was really a pretty good one. The Press lobbyest was there and really didn't make any sense but the real argument came From Megan Rhyne, Director of VCOG. She wants Government records open, not secret. There is a great deal to be said for that.
I like Megan and am a member of VCOG. She's not anti gun, just pro open Government. I need to remind her that Police Officers as an example, have their information hidden from disclosure in real estate and other Government records.

VCDL President

Centurion

TFred

Yes, the press was there and a group which is for open government - all spoke against the bill. I basically pointed out that lives were at stake and CHP info had to be kept private.

TFred

Thanks for the reports. The Senate's CoJ will still be the tougher battle on this.

I wonder why none of these press or open government folks are lobbying for open license plate or drivers license records? After all, how are we to know that the government is doing an adequate job of keeping bad drivers off the roads? :rolleyes:

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks for the reports. The Senate's CoJ will still be the tougher battle on this.

I wonder why none of these press or open government folks are lobbying for open license plate or drivers license records? After all, how are we to know that the government is doing an adequate job of keeping bad drivers off the roads? :rolleyes:

TFred

The Drivers License privacy was mentioned Tfred.
I'll get the Video up soon. These take a little more time since there isn't a sound board in those rooms.

Might even be a little surprise in there from the anti's

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Bill HB949

This is camera audio and I have an H4n to sync to but I haven't even finished downloading the other 3 cameras yet.
This clip is interesting if you listen to it...
As a matter of fact, this was an historic night. Horowitz agrees with Philip and Goddard agrees with me:uhoh:

That's just scary!

[video=vimeo;36127502]http://vimeo.com/36127502[/video]