• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped by Starbucks on the way to the General Assembly

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Not to get Coffee. I hate their coffee, but to buy a gift card.

A couple of weeks ago when Sheriff said he couldn't afford their coffee for just one cup on one day, it irritated me that he couldn't take a couple of dollars just once, and make a statement. So I posted I'd send him a gift card if he sent me his address.
Later he said he was just joking.

Well damned if I didn't get a PM from an out of state deadbeat with his address.
So the gift card's on it's way.
Glad you support Gun Rights!

nuc65

Activist Member
Not to get Coffee. I hate their coffee, but to buy a gift card.

A couple of weeks ago when Sheriff said he couldn't afford their coffee for just one cup on one day, it irritated me that he couldn't take a couple of dollars just once, and make a statement. So I posted I'd send him a gift card if he sent me his address.

Well damned if I didn't get a PM from an out of state deadbeat with his address.
So the gift card's on it's way.
Glad you support Gun Rights!

Too funny. I stopped by the bank and picked up some $2 bills to use when I stop at Starbucks on the 14th. I think the $2 bills should start being used by gun owners, and the $3 bills by the antis.

Felix

I wondered about that myself since a couple earlier posts by the Sheriff had led me to believe he might have hit a rough spot in life's road.

Anyway, thanks for all you do PN to further gun rights...even out-of-state. :lol:

And an e-mail's en route to support Mark Obenshain's Private Property Rights amendment.

Marco

I wondered about that myself since a couple earlier posts by the Sheriff had led me to believe he might have hit a rough spot in life's road.

Sheriff isn't from out of state.:uhoh:
I can only presume the person that contacted Peter wasn't Sheriff.
Sheriff's been award enough money from local juridictions that I would have a hard time believing the rough spots in life's rd.

He fought the law and the law lost:;)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sheriff isn't from out of state.:uhoh:
I can only presume the person that contacted Peter wasn't Sheriff.
Sheriff's been award enough money from local juridictions that I would have a hard time believing the rough spots in life's rd.

He fought the law and the law lost:;)

No, it was someone else:uhoh:

The Wolfhound

Rumor has it....

That a recent survey of customers convinced them to include lighter roasts in their coffee choices. I live in hope that I WILL enjoy the coffee I WILL buy from them on the 14th. I hope they show an increased profit that day.

ThatOneChick

That a recent survey of customers convinced them to include lighter roasts in their coffee choices. I live in hope that I WILL enjoy the coffee I WILL buy from them on the 14th. I hope they show an increased profit that day.

I just tried their "blonde" roast the other day, it's pretty mild and I could barely taste it. Consider, however, I like dark/bold roasts.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member

I had some of their blonde roast after Lobby Day a few weeks back and it wasn't too bad. I can do the full range of coffees depending on my mood, but that one didn't strike me as a favorite. I'll support them anyway as I appreciate their willingness to allow for what the law allows with regard to self defense tools.

mk4

@Agent19...
are you planning to visit the one closest to us? if so, approx what time? i'll try to meet you there.

USNA69

Since we have gone a bit off-topic ....

... I can now make this observation.

We can all agree that English is a difficult language to learn due to idioms, inflections, local dialects, etc.

For instance, when I first read the title of this thread, it took a second for me to realize that the writer had "visited" Starbucks and not been "detained" by it.

It is the context which clarifies the meaning. To a non-native speaker of English, how does he distinguish between:
  1. Stopped by Starbucks on the way to the General Assembly (visited a well known coffee shop enroute to the Capitol)
  2. Stopped by Starbucks on the way to the General Assembly (detained at a traffic stop by a LEO named Starbucks, while enroute to the Capitol)
Similarly ... a caterpillar may turn into a butterfly, but I can turn into a gas station ... or a Starbucks.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
... I can now make this observation.

We can all agree that English is a difficult language to learn due to idioms, inflections, local dialects, etc.

For instance, when I first read the title of this thread, it took a second for me to realize that the writer had "visited" Starbucks and not been "detained" by it.

It is the context which clarifies the meaning. To a non-native speaker of English, how does he distinguish between:
  1. Stopped by Starbucks on the way to the General Assembly (visited a well known coffee shop enroute to the Capitol)
  2. Stopped by Starbucks on the way to the General Assembly (detained at a traffic stop by a LEO named Starbucks, while enroute to the Capitol)
Similarly ... a caterpillar may turn into a butterfly, but I can turn into a gas station ... or a Starbucks.

And we wonder why (fill in the blank):banghead:

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
And yes, my first glance at the thread title did read as "I got stopped by a starbucks for OC." ;)

I'll have to check Ebay for a big box of crayons:lol:

The thing that really surprised me was that no one has mentioned it a little odd that so called Pro 2nd people are too damn cheap to buy their own cup of coffee. I wonder who buys their gas to lobby day....if Spruce Yuppies even have lobby day.:uhoh:

Like I said, fill in the blank.

Last edited:

scouser

no need for that, Logan's got plenty of spare ones, he won't miss a few and half the places we take him to eat give him free ones anyway. The thread title btw made sense to me

Have to hold my hands up and admit I kinda share your views on their coffee, only ever had 3 or 4 drinks from them and none impressed me, the stuff Courtney pours out for us at RCD tastes better to me.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

The thing that really surprised me was that no one has mentioned it a little odd that so called Pro 2nd people are too damn cheap to buy their own cup of coffee. I wonder who buys their gas to lobby day....if Spruce Yuppies even have lobby day.:uhoh:

Like I said, fill in the blank.

Those folks who can't afford $2 for coffee are the same folks who didn't come to Lobby Day. They scream about their rights being taken away but won't actually do anything about it.

Luckily, there are those of us willing to pick up the slack.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Those folks who can't afford $2 for coffee are the same folks who didn't come to Lobby Day. They scream about their rights being taken away but won't actually do anything about it.

Luckily, there are those of us willing to pick up the slack.

Exactly SD....EXACTLY!

I think someone else will have to take the slack at the GA next week.
I'm at the farm running a 104 fever.
Diabetics don't have much of an immune system and being around all those city people, I was bound to catch something.

TFred

Exactly SD....EXACTLY!

I think someone else will have to take the slack at the GA next week.
I'm at the farm running a 104 fever.
Diabetics don't have much of an immune system and being around all those city people, I was bound to catch something.
104! That's serious... go see a doctor! Somehow I don't think you are likely to do that. :(

TFred