Thread: Supermarkets Allow Concealed Carry, Copps, Woodman's, and Festival Foods. WBAY ABC2

Herr Heckler Koch

Supermarkets Allow Concealed Carry, Copps, Woodman's, and Festival Foods. WBAY ABC2

http://www.wbay.com/story/16665554/2...oncealed-carry With video for the unlettered
    Quote Originally Posted by WBAY
    While Aldi grocery stores around the state currently prohibit customers from carrying a concealed weapon, most other grocery stores do not.

At supermarkets including Copps, Woodman's, and Festival Foods, there are no signs prohibiting permit holders from entering the store with a concealed gun.

"We decided let's follow the law. That's what the State says, it's what people wanted, let's do that," Festival director of public relations Nick Arlt said.

[ ... ]

That opinion is not universal.

"I don't understand if you have to go to the grocery store, why do you need a gun?" Holly Seidl said.

Seidl said despite the details surrounding the Milwaukee shooting, she feels all stores should have signs banning concealed weapons.

"Every time you go to a store there's kids everywhere," she said, "and what if perhaps a kid sees a gun and says, 'Oooh, why does that person have a gun?"

Super Targets are also not posted. (I think that's corporate policy, the ones I have been in sure aren't, I look carefully every time I go.)
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

I have never seen a sign at PickNSave either. I have carried there openly since day 1 and never had a problem. At first my wife was scared that the employees she knew might get upset but she was surprised that nobody cared about it. Sentry doesn't post either as far as I have seen. Come to think of it I think the shorter list would be of grocery stores that prohibit it.

Looks like some good places to spread the wealth.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

I think Holly Seidl is being truthful when she says, "I don't understand." She probably never will, unless she has an Aldi's experience.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    "Seidl said despite the details surrounding the Milwaukee shooting, she feels all stores should have signs banning concealed weapons.

"Every time you go to a store there's kids everywhere," she said, "and what if perhaps a kid sees a gun and says,
    'Oooh, why does that person have a gun?"

Wow. My kids would say: "Why doesn't that person have a gun? They must not love their children".
    Last edited by Plankton; 02-04-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

She's out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    "Seidl said despite the details surrounding the Milwaukee shooting, she feels all stores should have signs banning concealed weapons.

"Every time you go to a store there's kids everywhere," she said, "and what if perhaps a kid sees a gun and says,
    'Oooh, why does that person have a gun?"

Wow. Nevermind.
    I think her name should be Wendy instead of Holly since she is obviously in Never-Never Land....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

I carry my .45, unless they have a pet shop also. Then circumstances dictate the .44; one can never fully trust those sneaky chinchillas, now can we...
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra469 View Post
    Sentry doesn't post either as far as I have seen
    The Sentry store over on State Street in 'Tosa was posted. I don't know if it still is.

I know Holly. I havent talked to her in years, but I know who she is. The whole family is, well, lets say a bit off.

+1000

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Exactly WHY Woodmans, pick N save and Copps get my money. I stopped Aldi's after seeing they are not for the law abiding citizen.... yes they have lost some money since i feed 4 kids heh. I would rather be around to feed them than have them collect my social insecurity benefits.... IF Aldi's changes the mindset I will shop there But I would rather spend a little more money and live thank you.........
    Last edited by Packfanatic; 02-04-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    The Sentry store over on State Street in 'Tosa was posted. I don't know if it still is.
    I was in the area today and checked it out. I didn't see any signs. Guess they wised up!

despite the details surrounding the Milwaukee shooting, she feels all stores should have signs banning concealed weapons.

What. An. Idiot.
    The Aldi store had a sign.
    Criminals ignore signs just as they ignore laws they don't like. (Things like "don't murder", "don't rob", "don't shoot people"...)
    But she wants to try it again.
    Isn't that one definition of insanity? Doing the same thing & expecting a different result?
    Or maybe they need a bigger sign, one that's on the exterior door, impossible to miss.

"Every time you go to a store there's kids everywhere," she said, "and what if perhaps a kid sees a gun and says, 'Oooh, why does that person have a gun?"
    Um, maybe you encourage the kid to ask the person with the pistol?
    Maybe you explain to the kid that that person is exercising a civil right, just like wearing a religious symbol?
    Maybe you explain that that person values her life, & (if with family) the lives of her family?

-
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

WalMart and Piggly Wiggly don't have signs either. And I almost never see kids running around. Maybe she doesn't shop at midnight. I'd guess she's afraid to be out at that time of night.

The WBAY page is no longer there.
    Last edited by Krusty; 02-17-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

I've OCed a lot in the 2 copps on the west side of Madison and never had issues.