• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supermarkets Allow Concealed Carry, Copps, Woodman's, and Festival Foods. WBAY ABC2

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.wbay.com/story/16665554/2012/02/02/supermarkets-allow-concealed-carry With video for the unlettered
WBAY said:
While Aldi grocery stores around the state currently prohibit customers from carrying a concealed weapon, most other grocery stores do not.

At supermarkets including Copps, Woodman's, and Festival Foods, there are no signs prohibiting permit holders from entering the store with a concealed gun.

"We decided let's follow the law. That's what the State says, it's what people wanted, let's do that," Festival director of public relations Nick Arlt said.

[ ... ]

That opinion is not universal.

"I don't understand if you have to go to the grocery store, why do you need a gun?" Holly Seidl said.

Seidl said despite the details surrounding the Milwaukee shooting, she feels all stores should have signs banning concealed weapons.

"Every time you go to a store there's kids everywhere," she said, "and what if perhaps a kid sees a gun and says, 'Oooh, why does that person have a gun?"

RR_Broccoli

Super Targets are also not posted. (I think that's corporate policy, the ones I have been in sure aren't, I look carefully every time I go.)

Cobra469

I have never seen a sign at PickNSave either. I have carried there openly since day 1 and never had a problem. At first my wife was scared that the employees she knew might get upset but she was surprised that nobody cared about it. Sentry doesn't post either as far as I have seen. Come to think of it I think the shorter list would be of grocery stores that prohibit it.

Horseman

I think Holly Seidl is being truthful when she says, "I don't understand." She probably never will, unless she has an Aldi's experience.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
"Seidl said despite the details surrounding the Milwaukee shooting, she feels all stores should have signs banning concealed weapons.

"Every time you go to a store there's kids everywhere," she said, "and what if perhaps a kid sees a gun and says,
'Oooh, why does that person have a gun?"

Wow. My kids would say: "Why doesn't that person have a gun? They must not love their children".

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
She's out there....

"Seidl said despite the details surrounding the Milwaukee shooting, she feels all stores should have signs banning concealed weapons.

"Every time you go to a store there's kids everywhere," she said, "and what if perhaps a kid sees a gun and says,
'Oooh, why does that person have a gun?"

Wow. Nevermind.
I think her name should be Wendy instead of Holly since she is obviously in Never-Never Land.... :confused:

Lurchiron

I carry my .45, unless they have a pet shop also. Then circumstances dictate the .44; one can never fully trust those sneaky chinchillas, now can we...:cool:

Packfanatic

+1000

Exactly WHY Woodmans, pick N save and Copps get my money. I stopped Aldi's after seeing they are not for the law abiding citizen.... yes they have lost some money since i feed 4 kids heh. I would rather be around to feed them than have them collect my social insecurity benefits.... IF Aldi's changes the mindset I will shop there But I would rather spend a little more money and live thank you.........

Last edited:

MKEgal

despite the details surrounding the Milwaukee shooting, she feels all stores should have signs banning concealed weapons.
:banghead: :banghead:
What. An. Idiot.
The Aldi store had a sign.
Criminals ignore signs just as they ignore laws they don't like. (Things like "don't murder", "don't rob", "don't shoot people"...)
But she wants to try it again.
Isn't that one definition of insanity? Doing the same thing & expecting a different result?
Or maybe they need a bigger sign, one that's on the exterior door, impossible to miss.

"Every time you go to a store there's kids everywhere," she said, "and what if perhaps a kid sees a gun and says, 'Oooh, why does that person have a gun?"
Um, maybe you encourage the kid to ask the person with the pistol?
Maybe you explain to the kid that that person is exercising a civil right, just like wearing a religious symbol?
Maybe you explain that that person values her life, & (if with family) the lives of her family?

-

Krusty

WalMart and Piggly Wiggly don't have signs either. And I almost never see kids running around. Maybe she doesn't shop at midnight. I'd guess she's afraid to be out at that time of night.

The WBAY page is no longer there.

Last edited: