• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun politics a likely factor in Seidel-Galloway showdown.

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loc...cle_b3146018-4dc6-11e1-bd02-001871e3ce6c.html
Jack Craver said:
Seidel, a cheerful former cop who was first elected to the Assembly in 2004, ...
[ ... ]
Galloway, who helped shepherd concealed carry legislation through the Senate and is a supporter of the more extreme "constitutional carry," ...
[ ... ]
Seidel, on the other hand, is a former police officer who is definitely not interested in more expansions of gun rights. She voted against concealed carry.

"Are our communities really safer if more people are carrying guns?" she asks. "I've heard from law enforcement officers all over the state who are really unhappy with the permitting process ... I think there should be significant training."
[my emphasis]
Constitutional carry is more extreme than what?

Last edited:

smithman

Apparently more extreme than turning a right into a privilege with mandatory training, fees, background checks, and a piece of paper to be officially certified by "the state" to protect your life by carrying a firearm under a coat in public.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Perhaps Seidel should shop at, and live near these troubling "victim zones"; until she has either seen the light or natural selection consumes her.
EWWW! It's your turn to select "naturally". I suggest using a dental-dam, its easier than picking your teeth.