Thread: Open Carry Snow Shovelling!

Open Carry Snow Shovelling!

Howdy Folks!
    Another opportunity to open carry while doing something different. Like shovelling snow f'rinstance. And that opportunity will likely last all darn day!

I tend to fret about snow or rain coming down on my pistol, but I keep my gear well oiled, so it ought not be an issue. I'll be out there shortly trying to remove snow from our dish receiver so we can get television working again. The downside of satellite television.... sweeping off the dish to get a signal.

Since I drive for a living, I suspect today may suck somewhat when I got to work. First I must drive clear up to Brighton before I can clock in. Then the fun starts in earnest. I'll be driving all day. It is supposed to continue snowing all day. Translation: It will suck progressively worse as the day wears on! What a day to have plates that haven't expired!

Looking outside, I am viewing a ponderous amount of snow, and ain't looking forward to going out there.
    What a time to discover I ain't got no jammies with built in feet!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    I'll be out there shortly trying to remove snow from our dish receiver so we can get television working again. The downside of satellite television.... sweeping off the dish to get a signal.
    Completely off topic. I'm a DIY kinda guy, and I've installed probably a dozen dishes. My favorite installations have been on the side of the house, under a window. When snow accumulates in the dish, you open the window and sweep it off with a broom, done! No need to go outside.

O2

Today is one of those days that makes me happy I bought a snow blower at a garage sale over the summer! Of course, at the time I thought I was crazy for getting it, but today makes it worth it.
    Last edited by alang; 02-03-2012 at 12:21 PM.

For the dish problem just spray on some Pam Cooking Spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Live View Post
    For the dish problem just spray on some Pam Cooking Spray.
    I prefere silicone spray -- the same stuff I spray in the snowblower chute and auger area before I use it.

O2

I carry a Glock, so I'm not worried about a little snow gettin to her.
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

Quote Originally Posted by G30Mike View Post
    I carry a Glock, so I'm not worried about a little snow gettin to her.
    Howdy G30Mike!
    I don't see how a Glock helps much in keeping snow off your satellite dish. I mean... it doesn't work nearly so well after you put a few bullets through the dish, and it might be frowned upon in most neighborhoods.

I should add that I got pounded while knocking thick slabs of snow off my roof! I used a long walking stick to undercut them, and when they fell, as often as not, they landed on me. Fortunately, I kept my firearm turned away so it didn't get all snowyfied.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy G30Mike!
    I don't see how a Glock helps much in keeping snow off your satellite dish. I mean... it doesn't work nearly so well after you put a few bullets through the dish, and it might be frowned upon in most neighborhoods.
    You just stand next to it and fire off a couple rounds. The shock wave will cause the snow to slide right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    You just stand next to it and fire off a couple rounds. The shock wave will cause the snow to slide right off.
    Kina like this?

O2