Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nazir Al-Mujaahid, Grocery store shooter not charged, speaks about incident.

Herr Heckler Koch

Nazir Al-Mujaahid, Grocery store shooter not charged, speaks about incident.

Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 02-03-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: add video link URL

A website spawned from this. Hope he doesn't get burned somehow for that.

I am glad that no criminal charges are forthcoming though.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

Thumbs up

The city of Milwaukee should hold a parade in his honor for making the streets safer!
    This guy is a hero!

Herr Heckler Koch
    Yes, the racist columnists at the Murky Urinal Guard frequently strain to make gnats heroes. Now they seem to be ignoring Nazir Al-Muhaahid and worse when we need heroes like him.

I applaud Nazir and am glad he and everyone else were ok, however I would like to see him carry condition 1 as apposed to having to chamber a round after the situation presents itself. You may not have time to do so in a similar situation and may even lose your own weapon because of it like the inexperienced OCer a year or so ago.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

I don't know if anyone else heard this but I heard a tease on the radio this afternoon by Michelle McCormack from CBS 58 about their story tonight where they talk with this Nazir and they seemed to equate his actions with "vigilante justice." I would hope they don't equate this man's exercising his basic right to self-defense with vigilante justice but I wouldn't put it past them and their bias....

You know they were hoping the first would be a white redneck type, not a black Muslim man. That's gotta burn their asses LMAO. They had the "racist" tag all cocked and ready to go before they knew I'm sure. Sort of like the guy carrying the AR 15 at Obama campaign stop in AZ a few years back. They were pissed to see a black man in a suit exercising his 2A rights. We might just save this country yet
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Herr Heckler Koch

Man shot by Aldi customer charged with robbery

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/s...138681159.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    Dierre D. Cotton, 20, who was shot Monday night during the Aldi store robbery, and Edyon M. Hibbler, 21, each were charged with two counts of armed robbery, use of force, party to a crime. Cotton was charged with an additional count of armed robbery, use of force, according to a criminal complaint.

"When the robber turned the shotgun toward him, Al-Mujaahid said, he fired six or seven shots from about 20 feet away. He said he hit the suspect in the leg and forehead. "

six or seven shots .

from about 20 feet away

hit the suspect in the leg and forehead.

... not a real tight group but it got the job done.

Practice, man, practice.
    "Those who would gve up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by pahleh View Post
    "

Practice, man, practice.
    It just shows there's a hell of a big difference between shooting at a stationary paper target and at a moving human being who is armed.

What I question is his statement that he had to chamber a round. (This, after saying he learned from a "top instructor.")

Carry that sidearm ready to use! A split second can make all the difference in the world. Thankfully it worked out this time.

"When the robber turned the shotgun toward him, Al-Mujaahid said, he fired six or seven shots from about 20 feet away. He said he hit the suspect in the leg and forehead. "

six or seven shots .

from about 20 feet away

Practice, man, practice.
    I agree. I am glad it turned out good for him, but with that hit/miss ratio, it could have gotten real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I agree. I am glad it turned out good for him, but with that hit/miss ratio, it could have gotten real bad.
    That hit/miss ratio is pretty typical of most defensive shootings, even at closer distances.

Shoot to "stop the threat." Hell, even if they're all misses and the threat ceases, it was a successful defense. That he was mindful of the innocents in the vicinity and that none were hurt is a very good thing. I don't know how many times I've read some anti writing about how they fear getting hit by a civilian spraying bullets at a perp. (I believe statistically that's more likely in police involved shootings.)
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

"I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I would like to see him carry condition 1 as opposed to having to chamber a round after the situation presents itself.
    +1
    I saw his statement on the 6:00 news & thought the same thing.
    Why carry a paperweight?
    But I'm glad the DA has some sense... & I hope Nazir is doing OK.

ETA: something I can't figure out - he said the thug had the shotgun up his sleeve & that arm pointed at the cashier, with a bag in the other hand.
    What kind of an idiot tries to rob a store with a gun that's so hard to point & shoot?
    Up his sleeve? Really??
    Maybe he took it out of his sleeve after he came in?
    Or he was planning to drop the bag in order to pull the trigger?
    Last edited by MKEgal; 02-04-2012 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Nazir, good job man. You've done good, truly the best outcome. Post or IM where we can send a box of ammo!

Herr Heckler Koch

Yet another version of the MJS article, Aldi customer won't be charged in shooting

So many versions of the incident. I read one account yesterday that said the robber was shot in the left eye and forehead. That would indicate good gun control. "Who shot cock robin"?
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 02-04-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    So many bersions of the incident. I read one account yesterday that said the robber was shot in the left eye and forehead. That would indicate good gun control. "Who shot cock robin"?
    My AM730 WSB Atlanta talkradio guy Neal Boortz has a great recorded call called 'Who Shot Boo." If I stumble over it then I'll post a link URL. It's a hoot, being from the deep South and waay DOWNtown Atlanta.

six or seven shots .

from about 20 feet away

Practice, man, practice.
    Better than I would have done.

Though, he states he had to put a round in the chamber. I hope he upgrades his holster or whatever that's making him feel like he can't carry with one in the chamber. Then cocking it... Assuming this is not a misuse of terminology he's got a hammer fired pistol, which can probably be decocked and fire in DA mode, or just cocked and fired.

I hope the guy doesn't get raped in civil court.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

I would like to buy him a beverage of his choice. Heck I'll buy him dinner if I get the chance.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I would like to buy him a beverage of his choice. Heck I'll buy him dinner if I get the chance.

I have no doubt he will reach Rock-Star status.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I have no doubt he will reach Rock-Star status.
    And, we can only pray, role model status.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/s...138681159.html

Here is the text of the above article:

By Jesse Garza of the Journal Sentinel
    Feb. 3, 2012
    A suspected armed robber who was shot by a customer during a stickup at an Aldi store on Milwaukee's northwest side was charged Friday with that robbery and two other armed robberies, one in Wauwatosa and another in Milwaukee.

Dierre D. Cotton, 20, who was shot Monday night during the Aldi store robbery, and Edyon M. Hibbler, 21, each were charged with two counts of armed robbery, use of force, party to a crime. Cotton was charged with an additional count of armed robbery, use of force, according to a criminal complaint.

Cotton was shot in the left eye and grazed in the head by a bullet fired by Nazir Al-Mujaahid, 35, of Milwaukee, who holds a concealed carry permit that allows him to carry a firearm.

Al-Mujaahid will not face any criminal charges for the incident, Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said Friday.

Concealed carry became law in Wisconsin in November.
    I think the reporter made a sound-alike mistake. I have seen pictures of both robbers after they were arrested. One was shot (grazed) in the forehead (very lucky), and also in the THIGH (sounds like eye, but is found on the leg).
    Last edited by E6chevron; 02-05-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

I forget, does Act 35 provide immunity from civil suit?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I forget, does Act 35 provide immunity from civil suit?
    Provides immunity for non posting/ non prohibiting building owners/managers/occupants.

175.60 License to carry a concealed weapon.
    175.60(21) IMMUNITY. (a) The department of justice, the
    department of transportation, and the employees of each
    department; clerks, as defined in sub. (11) (a) 1. a., and
    their staff; and court automated information systems, as
    defined under sub. (11) (a) 1. b., and their employees are
    immune from liability arising from any act or omission
    under this section, if done so in good faith.

__ (b) A person that does not prohibit an individual from
    carrying a concealed weapon on property that the person
    owns or occupies is immune from any liability arising
    from its decision.

__ (c) An employer that does not prohibit one or more
    employees from carrying a concealed weapon under sub.
    (15m) is immune from any liability arising from its decision.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast