• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nazir Al-Mujaahid, Grocery store shooter not charged, speaks about incident.

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date

Viper

A website spawned from this. Hope he doesn't get burned somehow for that.

I am glad that no criminal charges are forthcoming though.

Glockface

The city of Milwaukee should hold a parade in his honor for making the streets safer!
This guy is a hero!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Yes, the racist columnists at the Murky Urinal Guard frequently strain to make gnats heroes. Now they seem to be ignoring Nazir Al-Muhaahid and worse when we need heroes like him.

Zeus

I applaud Nazir and am glad he and everyone else were ok, however I would like to see him carry condition 1 as apposed to having to chamber a round after the situation presents itself. You may not have time to do so in a similar situation and may even lose your own weapon because of it like the inexperienced OCer a year or so ago.

McNutty

I don't know if anyone else heard this but I heard a tease on the radio this afternoon by Michelle McCormack from CBS 58 about their story tonight where they talk with this Nazir and they seemed to equate his actions with "vigilante justice." I would hope they don't equate this man's exercising his basic right to self-defense with vigilante justice but I wouldn't put it past them and their bias....

Zeus

You know they were hoping the first would be a white redneck type, not a black Muslim man. That's gotta burn their asses LMAO. They had the "racist" tag all cocked and ready to go before they knew I'm sure. Sort of like the guy carrying the AR 15 at Obama campaign stop in AZ a few years back. They were pissed to see a black man in a suit exercising his 2A rights. We might just save this country yet :banana:

H

Herr Heckler Koch

pahleh

"When the robber turned the shotgun toward him, Al-Mujaahid said, he fired six or seven shots from about 20 feet away. He said he hit the suspect in the leg and forehead. "

six or seven shots .

from about 20 feet away

hit the suspect in the leg and forehead.

... not a real tight group but it got the job done.

Practice, man, practice.

dangerousman

"

Practice, man, practice.

It just shows there's a hell of a big difference between shooting at a stationary paper target and at a moving human being who is armed.

What I question is his statement that he had to chamber a round. (This, after saying he learned from a "top instructor.")

Carry that sidearm ready to use! A split second can make all the difference in the world. Thankfully it worked out this time.

BROKENSPROKET

"When the robber turned the shotgun toward him, Al-Mujaahid said, he fired six or seven shots from about 20 feet away. He said he hit the suspect in the leg and forehead. "

six or seven shots .

from about 20 feet away

Practice, man, practice.

I agree. I am glad it turned out good for him, but with that hit/miss ratio, it could have gotten real bad.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I agree. I am glad it turned out good for him, but with that hit/miss ratio, it could have gotten real bad.

That hit/miss ratio is pretty typical of most defensive shootings, even at closer distances.

Shoot to "stop the threat." Hell, even if they're all misses and the threat ceases, it was a successful defense. That he was mindful of the innocents in the vicinity and that none were hurt is a very good thing. I don't know how many times I've read some anti writing about how they fear getting hit by a civilian spraying bullets at a perp. (I believe statistically that's more likely in police involved shootings.)

MKEgal

Zeus said:
I would like to see him carry condition 1 as opposed to having to chamber a round after the situation presents itself.
+1
I saw his statement on the 6:00 news & thought the same thing.
Why carry a paperweight?
But I'm glad the DA has some sense... & I hope Nazir is doing OK.

ETA: something I can't figure out - he said the thug had the shotgun up his sleeve & that arm pointed at the cashier, with a bag in the other hand.
What kind of an idiot tries to rob a store with a gun that's so hard to point & shoot?
Up his sleeve? Really??
Maybe he took it out of his sleeve after he came in?
Or he was planning to drop the bag in order to pull the trigger?

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

So many versions of the incident. I read one account yesterday that said the robber was shot in the left eye and forehead. That would indicate good gun control. "Who shot cock robin"?

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

So many bersions of the incident. I read one account yesterday that said the robber was shot in the left eye and forehead. That would indicate good gun control. "Who shot cock robin"?
My AM730 WSB Atlanta talkradio guy Neal Boortz has a great recorded call called 'Who Shot Boo." If I stumble over it then I'll post a link URL. It's a hoot, being from the deep South and waay DOWNtown Atlanta.

RR_Broccoli

six or seven shots .

from about 20 feet away

Practice, man, practice.

Better than I would have done. :p

Though, he states he had to put a round in the chamber. I hope he upgrades his holster or whatever that's making him feel like he can't carry with one in the chamber. Then cocking it... Assuming this is not a misuse of terminology he's got a hammer fired pistol, which can probably be decocked and fire in DA mode, or just cocked and fired.

I hope the guy doesn't get raped in civil court.