• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Self Defense Protection Act of 2012 has been filed !!!!

Treborfoot

Sticky Please..

HB-132

Greeson

Crimes and Offenses

H Pending Committee Action in House of Origin Commerce and Small Business 02/07/2012

Disorderly conduct, definition revised, carrying a pistol in a vehicle without a pistol permit, authorized, discretion of sheriff in concealed pistol licensing eliminated under certain conditions, certain provisions of concealed pistol licensing revised, Secs. 13A-11-7, 13A-11-73, 13A-11-74, 13A-11-75 am'd.; Secs. 13A-11-52, 13A-11-59 repealed

http://alisondb.legislature.state.a...nts/2012RS/PrintFiles/&DOCNAMES=HB132-int.pdf,,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There is still language in -75 that should be removed because of the confusion it causes...

We are still a may issue state with limitations.

They still have qualified and unlimited in the language..

aadvark

Treborfoot:

I only have 1 Problem with This Bill..., as The Word 'MAY', under Alabama Code 13A-11-75, needs to be Replaced with The Word 'SHALL"

Daylen

Well aardvark, call the sponsor and your legislator to complain. They are the only ones who can fix that.