• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Firearms Coalition Progress ?

gonefishn

Does the NVFAC have many members yet? Are they making any progress on removing the blue card gun registration ?

Are they working on constitutional carry? :D

Vegassteve

They have members. I am one. How many? No idea.
Progress? None. I and others have presented them with issues and I have been met with, "We would love to get to work on that. That is why we need members." I thought we had the full support of the NRA? So I dont know where we are.

I do know that rather than forcing local govs to conform to our already preemption clause they want to legislate a new one.

Vegassteve

One more thing. The NRA NV rep has posted alot on another local Vegas forum. I have repeatedly invited them to post over here. And have been met with nothing.

The Big Guy

One more thing. The NRA NV rep has posted alot on another local Vegas forum. I have repeatedly invited them to post over here. And have been met with nothing.

I have emailed her also and no reply. The NRA is just not behind open carry, only CC by permission slip.

TBG

gonefishn

Thats a shame. I wanted to see some progress made. I was thinking of moving south to one of the states in the southwest, but it would be hard to move from a state that believes in the constitution to one that does not. Nevada has a lot to offer except for the gun control.

varminter22

Only a few hundred members so far. Working on getting the word out. We need to recruit many more members!

As far as progress on removing Clark County handgun registration scheme, constitutional carry, open carry, etc, I believe we are making some progress.

However, make no mistake, these things won't come "overnight."

Constitutional Carry is a tough but worthy battle. For example, we had TWO such bills in the 2011 legislative session, but the majority party refused to allow a hearing for either bill.

The next Nevada legislative session will begin in February 2013.

Last edited:

varminter22

Thats a shame. I wanted to see some progress made. I was thinking of moving south to one of the states in the southwest, but it would be hard to move from a state that believes in the constitution to one that does not. Nevada has a lot to offer except for the gun control.
While we DO need reform in several areas, Nevada is still a pretty good firearms state.

Vegassteve

Why do you say that? Did I miss something from the NRA??

From our end it comes from a couple of things. We have contacted them over the years to help with things like, park carry, NLV and Boulder. A court case in NLV that when the rep found out it had to do with OC left and never returned. Inviting them to come to this forum and help with issues. All met with no or stone silence.

All of the above things have been fought and in some cases won by just one or two folks here. That is why it is disturbing to me to keep hearing the we need more members thing. Sure numbers are great. If the NFAC has the strength of the NRA behind it then why not get on some of the issues now? Why not use the strength to press NLV? Press the park carry issue? You folks up north a perfect example of small numbers make changes. You have shown results from one or two sending a letter to get things changed.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

The NRA backed out of Carlos Boltons NLas Vegas Case the second they found out He was Open Carrying and was not a "registered CCW holder" Saying that they didn't like the Chances of his case. (I would guess because he did not ask permission to excercise his..... permission.) He prevailed without the NRA which leaves their score at NOTHING.

The Big Guy

I don't know of a single instance where NRA has proposed or backed the open carry of firearms. In fact, from what I hear and read from my friends in Iowa, the NRA was a hindrance to real meaningful legislation. There is no doubt the organization has spent their power and capital to foster the permit system across the country rather than a no compromise constitutional stand behind the 2A. In fact, some years ago when they started the campaign to get all states to issue permits, the NRA and I nearly parted ways. Why is a supposedly pro constitution organization espousing a government permission system in order for citizens to avail themselves of those rights? On top of that, the NRA is completely unresponsive to its membership. This is why I have hopes for the NvFAC in that it might, with proper guidance from membership, be able to re-steer the direction of the national organization. Gun Owners of America exists because of these very reasons.

TBG

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
No progress WILL be made. This "coalition" was intended to fill the place in the food chain which would have been taken by an effective and activist organization. Now the NRA won't be worried that someone here will show them to be a Quaker cannon.

All of those grand claims of yesteryear seem kinda hollow today, don't they . . ?

"He says 'we're gonna do it!' and we'll DO it!
. . .without him . . .
The Man Behind the Armor-Plated Desk . . ."

DON`T TREAD ON ME

As I prepare to protest a DUI Roadblock today, open carry of course I read DVC's post and wondered when I am out holdiong my government accountable, where are all these supposed "Defenders of my rights going to be" am I wearing Stevie wonder glasses? Or are the "Rights Organizations" watching the big game. Should I call the NFAC or NRA to check on the score? These Org's. sound great on paper, having a soliderity unit. but I want proof. the Progress they muster seems to always have a downside, and it feels like making a "plea deal with liberty."

varminter22

No progress WILL be made. This "coalition" was intended to fill the place in the food chain which would have been taken by an effective and activist organization. Now the NRA won't be worried that someone here will show them to be a Quaker cannon.

All of those grand claims of yesteryear seem kinda hollow today, don't they . . ?

"He says 'we're gonna do it!' and we'll DO it!
. . .without him . . .
The Man Behind the Armor-Plated Desk . . ."
How can you say "no progress will be made"?? You can predict the future?

On what do you base your statement "This "coalition" was intended to fill the place in the food chain which would have been taken by an effective and activist organization"??

What "grand claims of yesteryear"?

If you expect your county/city ordinances OR state law to be amended/repealed by tomorrow, well, it just doesn't happen overnight.

wrightme

As I prepare to protest a DUI Roadblock today, open carry of course I read DVC's post and wondered when I am out holdiong my government accountable, where are all these supposed "Defenders of my rights going to be" am I wearing Stevie wonder glasses?
While any efforts towards getting those roadblocks stopped is admirable, as far as OC and efforts towards firearms rights, it is tertiary. Good on you for what you are doing. It is your choice. Those who are not with you aren't 'missing' from the subjects of this forum.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
How can you say "no progress will be made"?? You can predict the future?

Yes, the same way they predict the weather -- when conditions are the same today as they were in the past, you can see what developed previously to see what to expect in the future.

If you expect your county/city ordinances OR state law to be amended/repealed by tomorrow, well, it just doesn't happen overnight.

It also doesn't happen unless people MAKE it happen. What has the "coalition" done to make anything happen? What have they even SAID that they would do?

Last year, I said that I wanted them to prove me wrong. I see nothing to indicate that I was wrong then, and my opinion has not changed.

Last edited:

varminter22

Am anxious to hear your predictions on a wide range of subjects!

Seriously, I can say the NFC is working on issues.

Perhaps you could contact NFC and offer your service and suggestions.