• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Firearms Coalition Progress ?

CowboyKen

It seems reasonable to me to direct you to the source.

In reference to purpose and objectives, I cannot imagine why some folks are so negative because NVFAC hasn't accomplished objectives in its extremely short existence.

So, Larry, I take it that you are telling us that DVC is right,, and that none of the substantive objectives of this organization have even been started on. Oh, by the way, they have been around for almost a year now.

This is NOT a scam, for crying out loud. NVFAC is a registered Nevada non-profit corporation and a federal 501(c)4.

I hope you are right. Have you seen the financial reports? A lot of scams are done through "registered" corporations.

Ken

Last edited:

wrightme

So, Larry, I take it that you are telling us that DVC is right,, and that none of the substantive objectives of this organization have even been started on. Oh, by the way, they have been around for almost a year now.

I hope you are right. Have you seen the financial reports? A lot of scams are done through "registered" corporations.

Ken

Nope, he has been pointing you to the source for the answers, and it ain't in this forum here.

varminter22

No, I am most definitely NOT saying that.

NVFAC IS working on the objectives.

Do you think I would take the position of NW Area Dir IF I thought there was a chance of it being a "scam"?? Really??

C'mon, guys.

CowboyKen

Nope, he has been pointing you to the source for the answers, and it ain't in this forum here.

Why would those involved not want to respond to serious and relevant questions raised on this forum?

I'll ask another one.

Is anyone actively working on a program "To promote the education and development of youth in marksmanship and firearms safety."? If not, I will volunteer to help organize such a program. Perhaps we could hook up with the Scouts as partners for the shooting merit badges. Maybe Mr. Irwin could help with this as I know he has teaching resources.

What do you think?

Ken

CowboyKen

No, I am most definitely NOT saying that.

NVFAC IS working on the objectives.

Do you think I would take the position of NW Area Dir IF I thought there was a chance of it being a "scam"?? Really??

C'mon, guys.

Larry, I would hope not but I know you are one of the good guys and are always willing to help out. But I asked a really simple question and you haven't answered it.

Have you seen the financial reports?

Ken

p.s.; Oh, I have requested a copy of the 1024 and the 990 from the Treasurer. We shall see.

Last edited:

wrightme

Why would those involved not want to respond to serious and relevant questions raised on this forum?

I'll ask another one.

Is anyone actively working on a program "To promote the education and development of youth in marksmanship and firearms safety."? If not, I will volunteer to help organize such a program. Perhaps we could hook up with the Scouts as partners for the shooting merit badges. Maybe Mr. Irwin could help with this as I know he has teaching resources.

What do you think?

Ken

I think that if you desire the answers that you contact the parties who are in charge of such things. I do recall varminter22 suggested you use the 'contacts' page of NVFAC to get your answers.

CowboyKen

I think that if you desire the answers that you contact the parties who are in charge of such things. I do recall varminter22 suggested you use the 'contacts' page of NVFAC to get your answers.

OK, but given this discussion, why not come on here and answer at least some of these specific questions about finances and programs? Or, maybe better yet, update the web-site with what is being done. So far, as best I can tell, everyone involved is just ducking. It does not look good or inspire confidence.

The question of "Nevada Firearms Coalition Progress?" was raised in the beginning of February, it is now the middle of May, one might think an answer might have been forthcoming by now. All we have had on here is blather and ask someone else and you seem to think that anyone who asks a question is a trouble maker. That is not IMHO a good approach.

Ken

wrightme

OK, but given this discussion, why not come on here and answer at least some of these specific questions about finances and programs? Or, maybe better yet, update the web-site with what is being done. So far, as best I can tell, everyone involved is just ducking. It does not look good or inspire confidence.

The question of "Nevada Firearms Coalition Progress?" was raised in the beginning of February, it is now the middle of May, one might think an answer might have been forthcoming by now. All we have had on here is blather and ask someone else and you seem to think that anyone who asks a question is a trouble maker. That is not IMHO a good approach.

Ken

Because it is a fool's errand as I mentioned before.

Answers have been given multiple times. They just aren't 'good enough' for those asking. Entering into such a dialog here would be stupid of them. They have a forum to speak with their members. They have a website to share their chosen information. There is no reason for them to come here also.

In this case, it isn't blather to point out a troublemaker who only wants to denigrate a group based solely upon their association with the NRA. NOTHING except a completed 'good thing of his choice' will placate such a person. HIS mind was made up before the group even came into existence.

CowboyKen

In this case, it isn't blather to point out a troublemaker who only wants to denigrate a group based solely upon their association with the NRA. NOTHING except a completed 'good thing of his choice' will placate such a person. HIS mind was made up before the group even came into existence.

I resent you saying such things about me. This is not an approach that will win a friend from someone who has made a positive proposal.

Ken

p.s.; Not one of my questions has been answered here or on the NVFAC web-site as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

wrightme

I resent you saying such things about me.
My comments weren't about you.

If you desire answers to your questions, the best place is at the organizations website contacts list for the applicable subjects.

For financials, I suggest the treasurer.

As for your suggestion about programs, I suggest you contact the Education and Training Director.

Asking your questions here isn't likely to bear fruit.

Last edited:

wrightme

Then why post them in response to me?

That IS too bad!

Ken
Why? Do you expect the directors I mention to come here to respond? I don't. I expect them to respond to requests through the contacts page on the organizations website. Are you against contacting them at THEIR website for some reason?

Vegassteve

Why? Do you expect the directors I mention to come here to respond? I don't. I expect them to respond to requests through the contacts page on the organizations website. Are you against contacting them at THEIR website for some reason?

It is too bad because they came here to drum up members for the group. So they should be able to respond here to us who did bcome members and public who have questions. Simple really.

CowboyKen

Yes, why? Why would you make such nasty comments in response to my post? I think that was very rude of you.

Do you expect the directors I mention to come here to respond? I don't. I expect them to respond to requests through the contacts page on the organizations website. Are you against contacting them at THEIR website for some reason?

IMO it would be a good idea for one or more of them to participate here (like Larry has) and if they have accomplishments to spread the news more widely then just their own private meetings.

I thought, maybe mistakenly, that they wanted to grow the organization and it seems to me the larger the audience they have for their message, and the more they can tout what they are engaged in doing, the better. Foolish me.

Ken

wrightme

IMO it would be a good idea for one or more of them to participate here (like Larry has) and if they have accomplishments to spread the news more widely then just their own private meetings.
Given the reception presented to varminter's responses, I don't expect the other directors to come in here.

CowboyKen said:
I thought, maybe mistakenly, that they wanted to grow the organization and it seems to me the larger the audience they have for their message, and the more they can tout what they are engaged in doing, the better. Foolish me.

Ken
You are not mistaken in thinking they want to grow the organization. They tried to get some from here, and did meet resistance.

They HAVE stated what they are engaged in, and were met with 'well, why are you doing THAT instead of THIS?' I can understand their reluctance to try that again, given the response. When they don't share, they get pilloried. When they DO share, they get pilloried.

I say again, to everyone, either get on board, or let them be. But, their true strength will be in numbers come legislative session, and from what I have seen, that is what they have been preparing for, whether everyone else wants that or not.
What they DON'T deserve is to be treated like the Brady Bunch simply because some here have a HO for anything NRA (ken, once again, that isn't directed at you).

CowboyKen

What they DON'T deserve is to be treated like the Brady Bunch simply because some here have a HO for anything NRA (ken, once again, that isn't directed at you).

Good. Because I am an NRA member and supporter.

While everyone may not agree with me, and while I recognize that legal and legislative efforts are important, the other things like educational programs and competitive events are more important to me. That is why I focused my attention on that type of "Purpose and Objective" from the NVFAC web page. These things present us to the public in general in a positive light.

By the way, when I google The Nevada Firearms Coalition the last news story I found was from last November. Not very good.

Ken

wrightme

Good. Because I am an NRA member and supporter.

While everyone may not agree with me, and while I recognize that legal and legislative efforts are important, the other things like educational programs and competitive events are more important to me. That is why I focused my attention on that type of "Purpose and Objective" from the NVFAC web page. These things present us to the public in general in a positive light.

By the way, when I google The Nevada Firearms Coalition the last news story I found was from last November. Not very good.
Ken

WHY not? That sounds like you are expecting them to be getting news coverage for some reason. I do not expect that of them. Why do YOU expect that of them?