• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Firearms Coalition Progress ?

The Big Guy

Why? Do you expect the directors I mention to come here to respond? I don't. I expect them to respond to requests through the contacts page on the organizations website. Are you against contacting them at THEIR website for some reason?

Just thinking out loud here while eating my lunch. While I believe that the <best> channel to get facts and figures from the NVFAC is through the organizations own web site, what's wrong with them reaching out as well?

At one point I contacted Don Turner and complained about the organizations support of the Clark County Shooting Park. It is my contention that we should not support it because the owners of the range, Clark County, actively works against our rights. In fact some time ago I called for a boycott of the park. His response was that it was important to have a presence there as that is where the shooters are and the NVFAC needs to bring them on board. Well, there are shooters here as well, activist shooters. Why then shouldn't the organization have a presence here as well, and anyplace else shooters and gun owners gather? Not every gun owner is a shooter. How do you reach out to them?

TBG

CowboyKen

WHY not? That sounds like you are expecting them to be getting news coverage for some reason. I do not expect that of them. Why do YOU expect that of them?

Google National Rifle Association news.

Ken

p.s.; It is not that I expect them to get some publicity, but that I think it would be a good thing. Why does Mr. Irwin spend two hours every Sunday talking on the radio?

Last edited:

Rollbar

Does the NVFAC have many members yet? Are they making any progress on removing the blue card gun registration ?

Are they working on constitutional carry? :D

First post on this thread.

It is too bad because they came here to drum up members for the group. So they should be able to respond here to us who did bcome members and public who have questions. Simple really.

Sounds like a question to the NFAC-not to drum up members.

A-Men Jim

Pay up to help, or shut up while they help you in areas that may benefit you (not directed at the two quotes)(just a general statement and what has already been said but not in this way). Take it how you want, just (again a general statement and not trying to be mean) keeping it real.

I joined to help my Area Director however I can.

I have an idea, one that has been mentioned before-Contact the person in charge of your area and ask/help out.

View attachment 8463

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Given the reception presented to varminter's responses, I don't expect the other directors to come in here.

You are not mistaken in thinking they want to grow the organization. They tried to get some from here, and did meet resistance.

HTML:
They HAVE stated what they are engaged in, and were met with 'well, why are you doing THAT instead of THIS?'
I can understand their reluctance to try that again, given the response. When they don't share, they get pilloried. When they DO share, they get pilloried.

I say again, to everyone, either get on board, or let them be. But, their true strength will be in numbers come legislative session, and from what I have seen, that is what they have been preparing for, whether everyone else wants that or not.
What they DON'T deserve is to be treated like the Brady Bunch simply because some here have a HO for anything NRA (ken, once again, that isn't directed at you).

Please Cite thread and post numbers for the highlighted claim.

CowboyKen

One Week

Just to give everyone an update, It has been one week now since I followed your advice and, using the NVFAC web-site contact page, asked for some information from the Treasurer.

I received what looks to me to be an automated e-mail response which says, "Thank you for contacting the Nevada Firearms Coalition. We will get back to you as soon as possible."

That's it so far. FYI the information I requested is required by law to be available to the public.

We will see.

Ken

wrightme

Just to give everyone an update, It has been one week now since I followed your advice and, using the NVFAC web-site contact page, asked for some information from the Treasurer.

I received what looks to me to be an automated e-mail response which says, "Thank you for contacting the Nevada Firearms Coalition. We will get back to you as soon as possible."

That's it so far. FYI the information I requested is required by law to be available to the public.

We will see.

Ken

Ya know, kinda makes me wonder just which side you are on..........

CowboyKen

Ya know, kinda makes me wonder just which side you are on..........

Why, and in what way? I didn't know we were choosing up sides.

Oh, to answer as though you asked me a question (which, of course, you didn't):

I am on the side of Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

Ken

p.s.; At least a half a dozen times, since I came on this thread less then two weeks ago, I have been told I should "contact the parties who are in charge of such things," if I want answers to my questions. So I did and now you imply that I am somehow disloyal and on the wrong "side." What side are you on?

I think that if you desire the answers that you contact the parties who are in charge of such things. I do recall varminter22 suggested you use the 'contacts' page of NVFAC to get your answers.

If you desire answers to your questions, the best place is at the organizations website contacts list for the applicable subjects.

For financials, I suggest the treasurer.

Asking your questions here isn't likely to bear fruit.

Last edited:

wrightme

Simple.

Publicly casting doubt upon a group which has the stated purpose and actions of working for the identical goals most of those in these forums have.
It seems that no matter what the NVFAC says, some people simply cannot accept it. DVC is clearly against them. You do seem to be edging that way.

Can they communicate better? Sure.

CowboyKen

Simple.

Publicly casting doubt upon a group which has the stated purpose and actions of working for the identical goals most of those in these forums have.
It seems that no matter what the NVFAC says, some people simply cannot accept it. DVC is clearly against them. You do seem to be edging that way.

Can they communicate better? Sure.

"Publicly casting doubt"? About a group that wont answer simple questions but wants us to send them money? To quote from Casablanca - I'm shocked.

And your reaction to anyone that questions anything about them is to challenge their motives and integrity. Well too bad! I will not stop until there are some answers.

"It seems that no matter what the NVFAC says, some people simply cannot accept it." If they were to say something, anything, we might have a way to evaluate their worthiness of our support.

"Can they communicate better?" Can they communicate at all? As a start, I would like to know how much money they have raised and what they have done with it. They are legally obligated to provide that information.

We shall see.

Ken

wrightme

"Publicly casting doubt"? About a group that wont answer simple questions but wants us to send them money? To quote from Casablanca - I'm shocked.

And your reaction to anyone that questions anything about them is to challenge their motives and integrity. Well too bad! I will not stop until there are some answers.
Ken

The main point is that when questions were asked, they DID get answered. It has been more a case of "the answers aren't 'good enough' for some."

wrightme

"It seems that no matter what the NVFAC says, some people simply cannot accept it." If they were to say something, anything, we might have a way to evaluate their worthiness of our support.

"Can they communicate better?" Can they communicate at all? As a start, I would like to know how much money they have raised and what they have done with it. They are legally obligated to provide that information.
People questioned what they had done so far, and those questions were answered.

By the way, what NRS states the legal obligation?

Last edited:

28kfps

Because it is a fool's errand as I mentioned before.

Answers have been given multiple times. They just aren't 'good enough' for those asking. Entering into such a dialog here would be stupid of them. They have a forum to speak with their members. They have a website to share their chosen information. There is no reason for them to come here also.

In this case, it isn't blather to point out a troublemaker who only wants to denigrate a group based solely upon their association with the NRA. NOTHING except a completed 'good thing of his choice' will placate such a person. HIS mind was made up before the group even came into existence.

Though I often agree with some of your postings, and respect your knowledge of the facts when you do use them, however, your statement. ”Answers have been given multiple times. They just aren't 'good enough' for those” (you).” Entering into such a dialog here would be stupid of them.” That and agreeing with the above beating a dead horse analogy is why I almost never reply to most of your postings.

wrightme

Though I often agree with some of your postings, and respect your knowledge of the facts when you do use them, however, your statement. ”Answers have been given multiple times. They just aren't 'good enough' for those” (you).” Entering into such a dialog here would be stupid of them.” That and agreeing with the above beating a dead horse analogy is why I almost never reply to most of your postings.

I must say, thank you.

CowboyKen

The main point is that when questions were asked, they DID get answered. It has been more a case of "the answers aren't 'good enough' for some."

Not one of my questions has been answered so far (except for Larry answering that donations made as requested on the NVFAC web-site are not tax deductible as NVFAC filed as a non-profit under 501(c)4 and not as a public charity under 501(c)3).

By the way, what NRS states the legal obligation?

The requirement is in the Internal Revenue Code, not the NRS, specifically in the reporting requirements under section 501.

When will my questions be answered? When will I get a response to my request to the Treasurer for copies of reports?

Ken

Last edited:

wrightme

Not one of my questions has been answered so far (except for Larry answering that donations made as requested on the NVFAC web-site are not tax deductible as NVFAC filed as a non-profit under 501(c)4 and not as a public charity under 501(c)3).

The requirement is in the Internal Revenue Code, not the NRS, specifically in the reporting requirements under section 501.

When will my questions be answered? When will I get a response to my request to the Treasurer for copies of reports?

Ken

The Internal Revenue Code which I am familiar with, only requires the release of the Form 990. Is there one that I am not familiar with that requires them to present the financials you are asking for?

As example: http://www.ehow.com/about_5579100_non_profit-organizations-disclosure-laws.html

Fair-use excerpt:
Most tax-exempt non-profit organizations are required to file annual reports about financial details and make certain forms available for public perusal. For example, forms submitted to the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the last three return years must be made available.

Read more: Non-Profit Organizations & Disclosure Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5579100_non_profit-organizations-disclosure-laws.html#ixzz1vvdAHsRk

Last edited:

varminter22

I freely admit I'm not totally familiar with all the details of the Internal Revenue Code. I do note that EHow says:
... if requested in person at the office location of the non-profit or by mail within 30 days of receiving a written inquiry. When complying with written requests the organization is allowed to ask for postage and copying fees totaling $1 for the first page and 15 cents for subsequent pages.
So, I'm thinking the best approach would be to send via mail your written request for specific info.

Again, I'm not the legal beagle here, but that seems to be the appropriate route.

For my education, could you provide a link to the code? I'm familiar with NRS Ch 81 and 82, but not very familiar with the Internal Revenue Code to which you refer.

Thanks.

CowboyKen

The Internal Revenue Code which I am familiar with, only requires the release of the Form 990. Is there one that I am not familiar with that requires them to present the financials you are asking for?

They are also required to provide a copy of their form 1024. I requested these two documents.

How come I have to answer every question you ask but nobody has to answer any of the questions I ask? Seems just a bit unfair to me.

We shall see.

Ken

p.s.; They are also required to provide a copy of the letter from the IRS (Letter 1045) granting non-profit status but I didn't request that.

CowboyKen

I freely admit I'm not totally familiar with all the details of the Internal Revenue Code. I do note that EHow says: So, I'm thinking the best approach would be to send via mail your written request for specific info.

Again, I'm not the legal beagle here, but that seems to be the appropriate route.

For my education, could you provide a link to the code? I'm familiar with NRS Ch 81 and 82, but not very familiar with the Internal Revenue Code to which you refer.

Thanks.

Well, Larry, good to see you are back. No, I don't think I will provide a link, maybe you should ask wrightme or send me your written request via mail, or just use google. I thought you told me I should use the web-site contact page to do this stuff. Seems these folks, and now you and wrightme, are less then responsive.

Have you seen the relevant documents, Larry?

Ken