• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC @ Greenlake

XD45PlusP

Well here Iam taking advantage of the near 60 degree weather decided to run and walk the 2.8 miles around the lake. Had a sweatshirt over my t shirt ran around got hot and took it off. Thousands of people walking around and guess what nobody cares. Nobody has even noticed so far!

Will keep y'all updated

XD

Last edited:

XD45PlusP

UPDATE:

Walked to Starbucks, got a cup of coffee again nobody bated an eye. Long line waited a few minutes before ordering, the hottie behind me noticed for sure, but she didn't care. Walked back to the lake and witnessed an incredible sunset. People everywhere with kids, walking their dogs no problems, no PO PO. Was a great day for me and for OC! If I can do it here in one of the most liberal places in WA STATE everyone can do it.

XD

Last edited:

amlevin

I've heard that SPD is now considering a "Reservation Line" so people who intend to OC at Greenlake can call ahead for a scheduled time to do so.;);)

That way they won't be alarmed if someone calls in a MWAG call:) They may even release an "app for that" so those with Smart Phones can make their "reservation" at the last minute.

hermannr

Glad to hear all went well for you. Erik had a bit of a different experience there at Greenlake, but maybe he paved the way for you. :)

I personally have never had a problem in Seattle, but I rarely go there.

jsanchez

Went to Greenlake today. No problems. Entered the lake area by 72nd ave, by the Starbucks, childrens playground, community center. Got a Danish at the boat house coffee shop, and started out on my walk counterclockwise around the lake. Came across a guy getting signatures for the background check petition. Talked to him for a while. Straw purchases foil that law. Talked with other people around him, most were pro gun. Finished my walk with a Danish at Starbucks.