• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal judge rules 2nd Amendment doesn't apply OUTSIDE the home (ban upheld)

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
How totally absurd! How completely banal! Does that judge think the Bill of Rights only applies to one's home? Are you kidding me?
Freedom of religion, but only inside your house?
Freedom of the press, but only while you're in your domicile?
Freedom of speech, but only if inside your dwelling?
Freedom of peacable assembly, but only if you assemble in your own houses?

What manner of logic served this judge in reaching such a ridiculous opinion?
Talk about nonsense! That's the worst decision from a judge since Citizens United!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Contrarian

2A ban ?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary..."

Just how many militiamen can you get in YOUR house?

Ten to 12 tops in mine; and they will need to sleep outside.........

And an armed group of folks who can't leave the house aren't very effective.

Off to appeals court.

fjpro2a

What's new?

"A" federal judge rules etc. etc. Just think. "A" Federal judge ruled this way. I don't know whether I am more upset with the Federal Judge or with those of you thinking the outcome was going to be different. We are under SERIOUS attack from way too much of our judiciary along with an uncomfortable number of federal, state, county, and local elected officials. I am so much a believer in 'States Rights," but the second amendment is found in our bill of rights. Therefore, we should concentrate on getting federal legislation that applies to all states. We can always further define our state laws to be even more pro 2nd amendment, but a federal law would get us past a lot of this nonsense, I think.

MilProGuy

"A well regulated militia, being necessary..."

Just how many militiamen can you get in YOUR house?

Ten to 12 tops in mine; and they will need to sleep outside.........

And an armed group of folks who can't leave the house aren't very effective.

Off to appeals court.

You've made some excellent points!
icon14.png
icon14.png

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It must have killed Raun Emanual to sign that check...lol

Rahm...lol. That sure is a pretty check...

Illinois could avoid paying more money by simply allowing it's citizens to enjoy the same freedoms as many of us currently have.

rushcreek2

The Heller/McDonald decisions by the SCOTUS established a high-water mark at the federal level.

No federal court has the power to either QUALIFY, DEFINE, OR LIMIT the Second Amendment because the 2A is a CONSTITUTIONAL HANDS OFF restriction upon THE FEDS.

xc9subcompact

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/03/05/md-gun-law-found-unconstitutional/

A Federal Judge in MD rules in a way that is in direct conflict with the IL Federal Judge. MD Judge says you don't need a valid reason to get a permit. Government has to justify denials based on need.
Here in IL the government thinks there is no valid reason for even having permits. Everyone is denied.
Perhaps this will set up an appeal all the way up the ladder.

Tucker6900

While only being partially familiar with Illinois law, the consitution specifically denies the power to limit ones freedoms by the government. They are out of line. They are trying to turn this country into one ruled by man, not by laws. We need to get back to the law of the land, and that is the Consitution of The United States.