Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Madison State Street stores posted

  1. #1
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668

    Madison State Street stores posted

    Yesterday I walked the length of State Street trying to keep count of the number of private businesses posted with "no guns" signs. I counted 15 on the even-numbered side of the street (that is the side on your right if you're traveling from the Capitol Square towards the UW Campus) and 6 (counting the Overture Center) on the odd-numbered side. There are around 90+ businesses on State Street.

    I checked the businesses on most of the Capitol Square and saw only 3 posted, one of which is a church. None of the banks on the Square are posted.
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North of Madison
    Posts
    177

    Good Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Yesterday I walked the length of State Street trying to keep count of the number of private businesses posted with "no guns" signs. I counted 15 on the even-numbered side of the street (that is the side on your right if you're traveling from the Capitol Square towards the UW Campus) and 6 (counting the Overture Center) on the odd-numbered side. There are around 90+ businesses on State Street.

    I checked the businesses on most of the Capitol Square and saw only 3 posted, one of which is a church. None of the banks on the Square are posted.

    What else would you expect from Madistan and the Police chief?
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

    Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

  3. #3
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    Really depends on how you look at it. The ratio aint all that bad.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  4. #4
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    That's kind'a like how a frog is boiled, keep the ratio of the temperatures low, otherwise he'll wise up and hop out of the frying pan and into the fire.

  5. #5
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    That's kind'a like how a frog is boiled, keep the ratio of the temperatures low, otherwise he'll wise up and hop out of the frying pan and into the fire.
    Unless the water is boiling, you cant boil a frog or anything else for that matter.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  6. #6
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    That's kind'a like how a frog is boiled, keep the ratio of the temperatures low, otherwise he'll wise up and hop out of the frying pan and into the fire.
    http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/frogboil.asp

    A misstatement. They will jump out before they are cooked.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    I'm just waiting for those stores to start getting robbed. How stupid do you have to say, "We are defenseless here. Come on in and rob us!"
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711
    Don't pick on a whole street full 'o posted stores.

    Pick on one lonely store in perhaps another town - start round the clock open carry pickeings outside the store - the news will get out - posting your store is not worth the risk.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by msusnVet View Post
    Your strategy may work down yonder, up here the folks will not tolerate such a stunt. It would only cause gun owners to confront the picketing gun owners. Very negative consequences.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by msusnVet View Post
    Your strategy may work down yonder, up here the folks will not tolerate such a stunt. It would only cause gun owners to confront the picketing gun owners. Very negative consequences.

    Does this mean you won't be joining us as we picket?
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

  11. #11
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by msusnVet View Post
    There wont be any picketing, but thank you for asking. I know nothing about picketing, maybe you can cover the subject at the Elkhorn class this coming saturday.
    You'll be too busy Occupying Oakland then?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by msusnVet View Post
    There wont be any picketing, but thank you for asking. I know nothing about picketing, maybe you can cover the subject at the Elkhorn class this coming saturday.

    You are a sneaky one aren't you! LOL!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •