• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Biggby Coffee . . . . . . . .

The_Pennsylvanian

. . . . . . has anyone heard of them ? THey're going into the OLD Starbucks / Cattails Coffee building at McMillan and Central. I'm wondering : A) Are they 2A friendly ? and B) Does their coffee suck ?

OBviously B) is a moot point if they are anti A).

They don't seem to have a corporate policy ; I cite from their site , http://www.biggby.com : "Every BIGGBY café is locally owned and operated; there are no corporate stores. The people behind the counter are people from your communities, and the dollars generated stay in your communities."

I hope they're not anti . . . . :uhoh:

The_Pennsylvanian

Well , since there are over 70 views of this , but no-one has commented ; I am guessing that no-one here has any experience with this chain . I was hoping that the Wausau folk would chime in , because the Biggby store locator listed one in Wausau .

I guess I will have to do some exploratory work once they open .

HolyOrangeJuice

Well , since there are over 70 views of this , but no-one has commented ; I am guessing that no-one here has any experience with this chain . I was hoping that the Wausau folk would chime in , because the Biggby store locator listed one in Wausau .

I guess I will have to do some exploratory work once they open .

I have never heard of this coffee place but if you'd like since we are in the same town we could meet up and OC there once they open their doors. If they don't ask us to leave or have a sign posted they are carry friendly. We can also try a coffee and see if it is any good.

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

i was in a biggby in michigan just outside of detroit but i was on a business trip so no self protection allowed

but i do have to say they had good coffee

Buzz Dean

coffe at Biggby

If you don't roast your own the coffee is ok--but never noticed a sign @ wausua--but then again I never really look!!!!

XD40V10

Biggby Coffee

I have OC'd and CC'd in both Biggby's in Wausau without incident. No signs posted and their carmel marvel's aren't bad either.

Last edited:

The_Pennsylvanian

Thanks XD ! I was in Wausau yesterday , went to Central WI Firearms ( VERY PRO 2A Business :banana: ) picking out a 1911 and then we went two doors down to the Red Eye Brew Pub , nice new place . Awesome burgers , not posted . We then went to the Wausau Mall . We entered through Sears . No sign , yay ! Did our thing , went to leave . On the way out , where Sears borders the main Mall , on the SIDE WALL , NOT in th your line of sight , was a POSTED sign . I wasn't carrying anyway , ( haven't purchased my weapon yet , ) but the placement of the sign really peeved me . I debated speaking with management that they may want to put it in a better place , but with a hungry baby I had to shine em' on and boogie on down the road .

Places like that , with improperly placed sign , seem like a trap to me . . . . . . just my opinion , I guess.

Anyhoo, On our way out of the city , we went right past one of the Biggby's . . . . I couldn't whip the car around soon enough to check it out , so thanks XD for your input !

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

In re signs, don't ask - don't tell

Else they'll make them legal and carriers liable. "Oh, thank you for the notice. We thought just any old sign would work." Let the DA laugh them out of court.

oliverclotheshoff

Thanks XD ! I was in Wausau yesterday , went to Central WI Firearms ( VERY PRO 2A Business :banana: ) picking out a 1911 and then we went two doors down to the Red Eye Brew Pub , nice new place . Awesome burgers , not posted . We then went to the Wausau Mall . We entered through Sears . No sign , yay ! Did our thing , went to leave . On the way out , where Sears borders the main Mall , on the SIDE WALL , NOT in th your line of sight , was a POSTED sign . I wasn't carrying anyway , ( haven't purchased my weapon yet , ) but the placement of the sign really peeved me . I debated speaking with management that they may want to put it in a better place , but with a hungry baby I had to shine em' on and boogie on down the road .

Places like that , with improperly placed sign , seem like a trap to me . . . . . . just my opinion , I guess.

Anyhoo, On our way out of the city , we went right past one of the Biggby's . . . . I couldn't whip the car around soon enough to check it out , so thanks XD for your input !

sears corporate policy is to prohibit weapons for employees and customers in any sears businesses (kmart, sears, and lands ends.)

my cite is my employment with sears holding company

Last edited:

Kc.38

I shop there all of the time and I look straight ahead, if the sign is not where I can reasonably see it, it does not pertain to me. Why would you want to call it to managements attention so they can ruin it for all of us? Leave well enough alone. Who's side are you on anyway?

The_Pennsylvanian

I shop there all of the time and I look straight ahead, if the sign is not where I can reasonably see it, it does not pertain to me. Why would you want to call it to managements attention so they can ruin it for all of us? Leave well enough alone. Who's side are you on anyway?

Mr. (Or Ms. , I dunno ) kc3i , firstly, the personal attack is out of line. Secondly, My intention of this post was to advise other carriers fofthe poor placement of the signs so as to avoid inadvertently getting socked with a trespassing charge. I am not a lawyer, just a good ole' hillbilly doing something out of courtesy.

Anyway, I agree with the don't ask, don't tell policy.

Scott, thanks for the heads up. I thought I saw Sears on the corporate list. Funny, how they must expect us to be mindreaders now, too.

It is all a moot point because I was not carrying at the time. I guess I should have made this in a seperate thread, but I was trying to keep from starting more than one until the first one is dead. My apologies to anyone who misinterpreted my intention.

Also, please forgive spelling errors, this post was done from a touchscreen phone and I can't see what I am typing until it goes out.

XD40V10

Red Eye is sort of posted but their sign is behind the host's stand and reads something to the effect of "No firearms allowed without a valid permit." As for wausau center mall all their general enterances are posted and that's done bythe mall's managment not the individual stores. I try to not go to the mall anyway if i can avoid it. Enjoy your new 1911. Stay safe.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I love Biggby coffee. They started in East Lansing, Michigan about 15 years ago and have expanded around the state. I have OCed in many Biggbys around the Lansing, East Lansing area and NEVER had a problem. They seem to be neutral on firearms and I would guess since they compete with Starbucks will allow firearms in Wisconsin.

They have very good coffee and treats at a decent price. I buy their beans (Best Blend beans) at Sam's club and grind my own at work. Drinking some right now.

The_Pennsylvanian

I love Biggby coffee. They started in East Lansing, Michigan about 15 years ago and have expanded around the state. I have OCed in many Biggbys around the Lansing, East Lansing area and NEVER had a problem. They seem to be neutral on firearms and I would guess since they compete with Starbucks will allow firearms in Wisconsin.

They have very good coffee and treats at a decent price. I buy their beans (Best Blend beans) at Sam's club and grind my own at work. Drinking some right now.

I was hoping a xHrtons would go in there, but sounds good so far !
Correction, a HORTON'S . Stupid touch screen.