• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need advise on how to handle my neighbor, situation escalating

aktion

No need to tell anyone that. It should be assumed. The gun part notwithstanding, I assume everyone will take appropriate steps to defend themselves until proven otherwise.

Really? Then why this thread? You can't tough it out?

I want the last 5 mintues of my life back.

Agreed.

fire suppressor

Alright guys thanks for the advise I guess we can let this one go for now I even tried to delete it as it does not have a direct relationship to open carry but I could not find that option.

FMCDH, yes I have asthma but it is normally not a problem only select things set it off pot just happens to be one of them. I do have a history of SVT wit AFIB if you know what they are but I have a operation to correct it and aside from one very minor episode I have been heart healthy for a few years. The military still denied me because my cardiologist can not guarantee it will never happen again, they are not able to define me as "cured" If the group was sober I may not have challenged them but they where high to a point of failing to function properly.

Deanf your right I am moving out soon but I still have to make it to the 29th a few weeks can be a long time when you are dealing with neighbors like this

Also thanks to everyone for responding the family has been through a lot the last month with my aunt and just when things where starting to get back to normal now we are losing my grandpa. I was a little heated last night and putting this out there helped calm me down, who ells am I going to vent to at 3 in the morning? :) If anyone knows how to delete a post I will delete as this one is not truly a open carry question and my questions have been answered

Also I do apologize to everyone if any of my posts lately have been off or have had a negative tone it's not right to take my personal life out on everyone but it still happens. Please accept my apology and I thank you all for allowing me to get a little frustration out of my system even if it was aimed at the wrong people

Last edited:

jdholmes

I'm not sure why all the talk about editing out the fact you carry and are willing to use your weapon if need be.

Firstly who cares - it should be assumed. Second even if the statement could hurt someone in court this thread certainly couldn't. First someone would have to find it randomly online and then they would have to link it directly to your hands which is next to impossible.

Don't be afraid of what you put on a forum online....unless you wear a tinfoil hat. ;)

Jeff Hayes

Don't be afraid of what you put on a forum online....unless you wear a tinfoil hat. ;)

Or during the discovery phase of your trial the DA asks for all the web sites you frequent and the names you go by, who will then use anything you said against you in court.

dadada

Or during the discovery phase of your trial the DA asks for all the web sites you frequent and the names you go by, who will then use anything you said against you in court.

As long as your attorney completely forgets a little thing called the 5th amendment, and forgets to tell you to refuse to answer those questions on the ground that it may incrimate.

sirpuma

Keep calling 911 when needed. Keep reporting the illegal activity to the landlord as needed. And as a side note, to hell with what your company says. What they don't know they don't need to know. Unless they insist on searching your vehicle as part of your being employed then secure your firearm in your vehicle where is out of sight and inaccessible. That way you have your sidearm when you leave the job site.

WSUCougarAlum

If someone said they were going to attempt to steal my keys and help themselves to my apartment while approaching me... I would draw down on them with my FN Five-Seven without hesitation. Their next move would be their last.

I had to sign that "no weapons tolerance policy" at my work at too. I don't mess around with that; so I never am armed coming to, or from work. I need to put food on the table, and its not worth chancing it. That said, can you park somewhere nearby that is not company property and then walk to work? That would get you around that policy.

Sorry you had to go through this.

Jeff Hayes

As long as your attorney completely forgets a little thing called the 5th amendment, and forgets to tell you to refuse to answer those questions on the ground that it may incrimate.

Really, If you think that will protect you from a good DA getting info from the internet on you, good luck.

Think about when they go to your home after a shooting what is the second thing they do right after they take your guns away they take computers and have a look through them.

A search warrant for evidence is not hard to come by my friend.

Now will this come into play all of the time NO but why take the chance.

Besides that no one should be making threats on line anyway.

amlevin

Keep calling 911 when needed. Keep reporting the illegal activity to the landlord as needed. And as a side note, to hell with what your company says. What they don't know they don't need to know. Unless they insist on searching your vehicle as part of your being employed then secure your firearm in your vehicle where is out of sight and inaccessible. That way you have your sidearm when you leave the job site.

Ditto on the just leave it concealed in the car. Most important too is to keep quiet. I don't know how many times in my working life I've listened to employees talking about the gun they have in the vehicle and worse yet, feel compelled at one time or another to actually show it off to a fellow worker. Doing that will sooner or later make it's way to management.

In over 40 years of working for three different employers I always had a firearm either with me in a briefcase, on my person, or in my vehicle. Never disclosed that to ANYONE (I'm retired now so it doesn't matter anymore). Never was asked by management either.

Unless one works where they have to park their vehicle inside a security area such as a government facility with gate guards and posted warnings that vehicles will be subject to search, the searching of vehicles by management is only possible with probable cause. Just like drug testing after your initial "filling of the cup". Unless you are suspected of theft or are a "blabbermouth" about your gun(s) the likelihood of that happening is nil.

jdholmes

Really, If you think that will protect you from a good DA getting info from the internet on you, good luck.

Think about when they go to your home after a shooting what is the second thing they do right after they take your guns away they take computers and have a look through them.

Even if they got your computer and you don't use private browsing aids on the computer they still have to get into the forum under your user name and password and then prove it was yours...

That is TV Show crap and nothing more.

dadada

You need to go back and reread your words that I was responding to. You were talking about the discovery phase. You never mentioned anything about someones house being searched immediately after a shooting. You can't just change what you were talking about to avoid my response.

I also wouldn't want someone like you representing me if in you're knowledge of search warrants you think they can take your computers when it appears to be a self-defence shooting. They need to have some reason to believe your computer was somehow used in committing a crime. They can't just go fishing, No judge will sign off on a blanket search warrant and a competent attorney would get any evidence thrown out.

sudden valley gunner

Thanks for the honesty fire supressor.
You talked realistically about your mood how you felt and how you reacted.
I disagree with a few of your viewpoints but they are yours and you are entitled to have them.

Since you seem to have exhausted your other options, If I was in your shoes I would approach the guys during the daytime (for me them smoking pot doesn't bother me, although I am with you that I can't stand the smoke, but I can't stand cigarette smoke either, don't know if I am allergic or just sensitive to it). Put aside your prejudice of their activities and approach them with respect (even if you don't respect them) and explain how you don't mean to be difficult but you have health problems and if they could find another area to partake in their pastime you would greatly appreciate it. I would even let them know it's just temporary and you will be finding a new place.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
If one feels they need to go back and delete, edit their post about their actions or feelings then maybe a closer look at your position or approach is needed immediately.
Now SVG get out your calendar and mark today down as your post is likely the best response to be taken in this thread, there I said it.

Also note do not, I stress do not tell others as acquaintances or coworkers where you secure your firearm as the word travels and who knows where it will land and one day you may find it missing and sit there wondering why.
Along with this never tell someone that you are armed and you are in a manner of speaking warning someone, that is a threat.

Jeff Hayes

You need to go back and reread your words that I was responding to. You were talking about the discovery phase. You never mentioned anything about someones house being searched immediately after a shooting. You can't just change what you were talking about to avoid my response.

I also wouldn't want someone like you representing me if in you're knowledge of search warrants you think they can take your computers when it appears to be a self-defence shooting. They need to have some reason to believe your computer was somehow used in committing a crime. They can't just go fishing, No judge will sign off on a blanket search warrant and a competent attorney would get any evidence thrown out.

Believe what you want, fine with me. I still did not mention someones house being searched immediately after a shooting you assumed that. I am not going to play this game of gotcha. Good luck.

Difdi

How exactly does such an action mesh with RCW 9A.16.110 (1)?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
How exactly does such an action mesh with RCW 9A.16.110 (1)?

RCW 9A.16.110 (1) only applies after being found not guilty in Superior Court.

(4) Whenever the issue of self-defense under this section is decided by a judge, the judge shall consider the same questions as must be answered in the special verdict under subsection (4) [(5)] of this section.
(5) Whenever the issue of self-defense under this section has been submitted to a jury, and the jury has found the defendant not guilty, the court shall instruct the jury to return a special verdict in substantially the following form:

Also note there is precedence that a lower court cannot order the state to pay damages as with a Seattle Citizen being found not guilty in City Court by the means of self defense.