Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: open carry age

  1. #1
    Regular Member ar-15man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    yadkinville
    Posts
    9

    open carry age

    New to.forum had a question bout the age to open carry

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    First, Welcome to OCDO!!!!! Stick around and you'll learn a lot. Second, what is your question?

    From your profile, I am assuming that you are from NC. The minimum age to OC in NC is 18.

    Check out this link for some basic NC OC information:

    http://opencarry.org/nc.html
    Last edited by thebigsd; 02-04-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  3. #3
    Regular Member ar-15man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    yadkinville
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    First, Welcome to OCDO!!!!! Stick around and you'll learn a lot. Second, what is your question?

    From your profile, I am assuming that you are from NC. The minimum age to OC in NC is 18.

    Check out this link for some basic NC OC information:

    http://opencarry.org/nc.html
    Yes live in a small town in Nc thanks for the reply also what would I need to do to open carry

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    There is no permit to OC in North Carolina. The only requirements are that you be aware of and follow the laws and have a gun.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  5. #5
    Regular Member ar-15man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    yadkinville
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    There is no permit to OC in North Carolina. The only requirements are that you be aware of and follow the laws and have a gun.
    I am aware of the laws and know where u can and caint carry my father said I could carry one of his handguns if that was legal and I also have hadguns that were gifted to me is either one of those legal to carry

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-15man View Post
    I am aware of the laws and know where u can and caint carry my father said I could carry one of his handguns if that was legal and I also have hadguns that were gifted to me is either one of those legal to carry
    Yes, I believe either one of those would be legal to carry.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  7. #7
    Regular Member ar-15man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    yadkinville
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Yes, I believe either one of those would be legal to carry.
    Ok thanks a lot

  8. #8
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Word of warning: if you hop across the border to TN, leave the gun at home. Our state makes you wait till 21 to carry.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •