• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC vs. CC quick question

Jbale22

Just had a quick question, on the legality of something, in my opinion it seems to be within the law but wanted to get the opinion from fellow OC'ers. My question is, currently I carry an Glock 27 originally bought for CC but quite a bit I OC in a Level 2 Retention holster. Just wanted the opinion of anyone who carries extra mags. Along with my Level 2 Retention I have a paddle 2 mag pouch. My question is while OC of that is definitely legal, if I conceal my extra mags would that be within the law?

Cgm2414

Well being as you can't really do nothing but throw them at a bad guy, I would say yes it is 100% legal to conceal your extra mags. I carry 2 extra with me concealed.

Jbale22

Thanks for the quick reply, that was my exact thinking as well, you just never know if you have an less informed LEO or one someone who wants to interpret the law for themselves, just don't want anyone trying to classify ammunition as "or any other deadly weapon" as mentioned in KRS 527.020

hermannr

Interesting: KRS 527 does not define "deadly weapon" at least not in 527.010. Deadly weapon is used throughout KRS 237 also, but still no definition. Did a KRS search and still find no definition of a "deadly weapon"

That is very strange as it would be almost impossible to obtain a conviction on a "deadly weapon" charge if it is not defined.

Jbale22

Reviving this thread, I have seen it somewhere before but couldn't seem to find it but I know there are places that OC is legal but CC is not(I believe I remember seeing court houses?) but just wanting to see that thread again or if someone can reel em off..

Carry on!

Sundiver

Just had a quick question, on the legality of something, in my opinion it seems to be within the law but wanted to get the opinion from fellow OC'ers. My question is, currently I carry an Glock 27 originally bought for CC but quite a bit I OC in a Level 2 Retention holster. Just wanted the opinion of anyone who carries extra mags. Along with my Level 2 Retention I have a paddle 2 mag pouch. My question is while OC of that is definitely legal, if I conceal my extra mags would that be within the law?

Maybe I am missing the point of the question but since I assume from your wording you have your CCDW wouldn't the magazines be legally covered even if they were concealed? I mean can you OC the pistol and CC the mags since you have your CCDW? Or conceal the weapon and oc the mags? Not that there's much point to that just seems like legally you'd be covered any way you look at it if you have your permit?