Thread: any trouble for OC at Friday Harbour?

any trouble for OC at Friday Harbour?

My Sweet Baboo got another promotion and now has to visit Friday Harbour once a quarter. I thought I would go with her, spend the night and do some volunteer work. Has anyone had a negative experience in the Friday H area? Just curios.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

nobody carries at Friday Harbour?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I don't recall anyone posting from the "outer" San Juans.
    Just do it, you are in the right.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

in my few trips to get the step-son it was never an issue, even when I had to board the "customs" boat out of Canada. I was asked if i had anything illegal or to declare and my reply was always no.

I had no issues there last year when I went for my anniversary.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

I got a bunch of PM's on my post, let me clarify.

The ferry was coming back from Canada when it stopped at Friday Harbor. All the passengers are required to pass through customs once you hit the mainland. I never entered Canada and did not break any Federal or State laws in my weapons carry.

Only issue with Friday Harbor is that it's home to the Sea Shepherd Society aka "Whale Huggers". The town's neat, just take money.

Same laws apply there as anywhere else in the State. As for the Ferry, just make sure you don't board the one that goes to Canada when leaving
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Thank you

Thank you gentlemen. I will wear the weapon anyway, but I wanted to get a bit of intel before going.