Thread: Interesting question

Interesting question

Ok I have one for the group to chew on. Mall of Monroe is owned by very anti-gun people. I have not tried to OC there due to this however, I wonder if they can ask you to leave due to the fact that all doors are posted with signs of "No weapons allowed except as allowed by state and federal law". Now if they are posted that way, and OC is allowed by state law, are they not granting permission? Interesting situation huh?
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    yes, they are giving you permission for anything legal. hence OC is permitted. however, it still wouldn't surprise me if they asked you to leave even though it wouldn't be logical.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Lightbulb Pics please

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    Ok I have one for the group to chew on. Mall of Monroe is owned by very anti-gun people. I have not tried to OC there due to this however, I wonder if they can ask you to leave due to the fact that all doors are posted with signs of "No weapons allowed except as allowed by state and federal law". Now if they are posted that way, and OC is allowed by state law, are they not granting permission? Interesting situation huh?
    Hey if you go soon please snap a picture & post it of these signs. These are wildly different from the tiny little almost invisible signs that say "no weapons allowed" that are usually posted.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Hey if you go soon please snap a picture & post it of these signs. These are wildly different from the tiny little almost invisible signs that say "no weapons allowed" that are usually posted.
    Will see what I can do after work tonight.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

Will see what I can do after work tonight.
    I've glanced at them as well cc there but never oced there
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    I've glanced at them as well cc there but never oced there
    yeah i just cc there too, but i only go maybe 1 or 2 times a year and normally only for a quick trip. with sears going out now i probably go even less.

It's still private property and they could ask you to leave at any time for any reason. But you'll never know for sure unless you try...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Tried to snap a pic after work, but I worked until 8pm and I forgot that Monroe rolls up the streets at 6pm on Sundays lol.

@Thebigsd: I realize that however if their reason is the open carry of a firearm, they are in conflict with their own signs.
    Last edited by Ezerharden; 02-05-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Tried to snap a pic after work, but I worked until 8pm and I forgot that Monroe rolls up the streets at 6pm on Sundays lol.

@Thebigsd: I realize that however if their reason is the open carry of a firearm, they are in conflict with their own signs.
    that is one reason we love it here!
    Last edited by Onnie; 02-06-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Being in conflict of their own sign is completely within their rights. Don't argue the point or you may catch a trespassing charge. Email the mall management if you get kicked out and really want to know what their sign means.