• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting question

Ezerharden

Ok I have one for the group to chew on. Mall of Monroe is owned by very anti-gun people. I have not tried to OC there due to this however, I wonder if they can ask you to leave due to the fact that all doors are posted with signs of "No weapons allowed except as allowed by state and federal law". Now if they are posted that way, and OC is allowed by state law, are they not granting permission? Interesting situation huh?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
yes, they are giving you permission for anything legal. hence OC is permitted. however, it still wouldn't surprise me if they asked you to leave even though it wouldn't be logical.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Pics please

Ok I have one for the group to chew on. Mall of Monroe is owned by very anti-gun people. I have not tried to OC there due to this however, I wonder if they can ask you to leave due to the fact that all doors are posted with signs of "No weapons allowed except as allowed by state and federal law". Now if they are posted that way, and OC is allowed by state law, are they not granting permission? Interesting situation huh?

Hey if you go soon please snap a picture & post it of these signs. These are wildly different from the tiny little almost invisible signs that say "no weapons allowed" that are usually posted.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's still private property and they could ask you to leave at any time for any reason. But you'll never know for sure unless you try...

Ezerharden

Tried to snap a pic after work, but I worked until 8pm and I forgot that Monroe rolls up the streets at 6pm on Sundays lol.

@Thebigsd: I realize that however if their reason is the open carry of a firearm, they are in conflict with their own signs.

Last edited:

Onnie

Tried to snap a pic after work, but I worked until 8pm and I forgot that Monroe rolls up the streets at 6pm on Sundays lol.

@Thebigsd: I realize that however if their reason is the open carry of a firearm, they are in conflict with their own signs.

that is one reason we love it here!

Last edited:

scot623

Being in conflict of their own sign is completely within their rights. Don't argue the point or you may catch a trespassing charge. Email the mall management if you get kicked out and really want to know what their sign means.