Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you all think about American Militia....and martial law.

What do you all think about American Militia....and martial law.

I have recently been watching and doing some research on martial law being invoked in the U.S. and the taking away of our civil liberties.... like being forced to give up all our weapons in an event of a terrorist attack or any large scale event on our homeland. I was wondering what everybody thinks about this and what would you do if this were to happen. I myself would never give up my constitutional rights that Ive earned. Just want to see if I'm just crazy or do you think this is the reality that we live in.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I don't think anything like this is likely to happen but I'm not so naive or with my head in the sand to say it won't or can't happen. As I recall, Virginia passed a resolution after the despicable incidents by "authorities" in New Orleans with Katrina that would prevent something like this from happening in Virginia. And there is now a bill making its way through Richmond to make this law in our state. And do keep in mind that all able bodied men between the ages of 17 and 45 are automatically members of the militia.

"§ 311. Militia: composition and classes
    How Current is This?
    (a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
    (b) The classes of the militia are—
    (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
    (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

That's one heck of a lot of folks. I would imagine that if Martial Law were ever declared for less than extreme emergency conditions, there'd be a mess of people who would ignore it and band together to protect themselves from whomever was a threat. But who knows. Let's just hope we never see this take place.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

How do you earn Constitutional rights????

The Constitution gives you nothing, it affirms rights you were born with.

According to Constitutional Law.....

The Constitution for the United States of America was adopted in a dire
    emergency therefore cannot be suspended for any reason....under martial
    Law government must honor your Constitutional rights.

A lot of people don't like militia's, they need to be educated.
    Personally I am a Member of the Central Alaska Militia.
    Life is tough, its tougher when your stupid.

http://www.itsnotthelaw.com

Feds: U.C.C. 1-308, State: U.C.C. 1-207, Both: U.C.C. 1-103.6

Quote Originally Posted by Butch00 View Post
    A lot of people don't like militia's, they need to be educated.
    That's because the media is a major form of education now a days and the only militias people hear about are the extreme ones

They're slowly eroding those rights away every day. As it stands now, the illegal "laws" are in place for extraordinary rendition, meaning you can be arrested, tortured, and even murdered by the government without any recourse. Anyone who pretends this isn't happening right before our eyes is either very naive, part of it, or benefiting from it.

You're not crazy, and there is far more than what you think happening. America is about to be brought to her knees by the same people who took over all of Europe. Lock and load and don't look back.
    Last edited by XD9mmFMJ; 02-05-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Once upon a time....

The militia was every able bodied man between 16 and 45, with provision for older men who were still useful. In the tradition of militias in the past, I am determined to remain a "Dangerous Old Man".

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    The militia was every able bodied man between 16 and 45, with provision for older men who were still useful. In the tradition of militias in the past, I am determined to remain a "Dangerous Old Man".
    The federal militia started at 18 not 16.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Not so far fetched as you think. There are treaties now being signed and going for ratification to the Senate to dismember our Constitution. If we sign these treaties then the world court could very well disarm us, period, end of subject. All treaties signed by the President and ratified by the Senate are law.

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnist...ult-on-america

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    The federal militia started at 18 not 16.

I thought it was 17.

From Wiki: The role of militia, also known as military service and duty, in the United States is complex and has transformed over time.[1] The term militia can be used to describe any number of groups within the United States. Primarily, these fall into:
    • The organized militia created by the Militia Act of 1903, which split from the 1792 Uniform Militia forces, and consist of State militia forces, notably the National Guard and the Naval Militia.[2] The National Guard however, is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States, which is a federally recognized reserve military force, although the two are linked.
    • The reserve militia[3] or unorganized militia, also created by the Militia Act of 1903 which presently consist of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who are not members of the National Guard or Naval Militia. (that is, anyone who would be eligible for a draft).[2]
    Last edited by Venator; 02-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I thought it was 17.

From Wiki: The role of militia, also known as military service and duty, in the United States is complex and has transformed over time.[1] The term militia can be used to describe any number of groups within the United States. Primarily, these fall into:
    • The organized militia created by the Militia Act of 1903, which split from the 1792 Uniform Militia forces, and consist of State militia forces, notably the National Guard and the Naval Militia.[2] The National Guard however, is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States, which is a federally recognized reserve military force, although the two are linked.
    • The reserve militia[3] or unorganized militia, also created by the Militia Act of 1903 which presently consist of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who are not members of the National Guard or Naval Militia. (that is, anyone who would be eligible for a draft).[2]
    I was referring to the Militia Act of 1792: http://constitution.org/mil/mil_act_1792.htm
    It lists 18.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by gunns View Post
    Not so far fetched as you think. There are treaties now being signed and going for ratification to the Senate to dismember our Constitution. If we sign these treaties then the world court could very well disarm us, period, end of subject. All treaties signed by the President and ratified by the Senate are law.

A law can be overturned in court as a law has to comply with the Constitition. It is only if the treaty carries the weight of the Constitition do we have to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    A law can be overturned in court as a law has to comply with the Constitition. It is only if the treaty carries the weight of the Constitition do we have to worry.
    US constitution

Article III, section 2, clause 1:"The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;..."
    Article VI, clause 2: "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding. "

If it makes it past the Senate then its up to the SCOTUS to stop it as they have judicial review. Other than that we're out of luck in today's world, unless enough people get pissed enough for the states to use nullification or a constitutional convention. Thankfully it takes 2/3 of the senate to ratify a treaty, a rather large majority (though considering what tyrants are trying to do with treaties 3/4 would be much nicer).

There are already many things that have essentially written the constitution under the rug like the Patriot Act, Homeland Security Act, Military Commissions Act, the National Defense Authorization Act, etc. With extraordinary rendition and extrajudicial execution, this illegitimate government can now arrest, torture, beat, and murder you without having to utter a word.

The militia, as defined by the constitution is subject to the authority of congress, and if you are part of any militia now, you are automatically deemed a terrorists by the criminals on capitol hill. The real question is, will a frog in slowly warmed water take drastic action before it boils? Judging by the way most people behave, the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by XD9mmFMJ View Post
    There are already many things that have essentially written the constitution under the rug like the Patriot Act, Homeland Security Act, Military Commissions Act, the National Defense Authorization Act, etc. With extraordinary rendition and extrajudicial execution, this illegitimate government can now arrest, torture, beat, and murder you without having to utter a word.

The militia, as defined by the constitution is subject to the authority of congress, and if you are part of any militia now, you are automatically deemed a terrorists by the criminals on capitol hill. The real question is, will a frog in slowly warmed water take drastic action before it boils? Judging by the way most people behave, the answer is no.
    So the constitution only matters when it comes to protecting your liberty eh?

Quote Originally Posted by gunns View Post

Let's say that such a international law was signed (treaty), there are 80 plus million Americans that have firearms.

Personally, I would love to see a band of UN "peacekeepers" roll up to our shore take the beach and impose something like that. I don't know about anyone else but some commie steps one foot on our soil to subdue us, they better bring a lot of body bags.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

America has become MORE pro-firearm, not less. There is no political will, and not enough political bodies to change that fact.

Yes, we do have some serious issues in this Nation on many fronts but what exactly would the Militia take arms against that a vote couldn't resolve? Civil War ought to be a means of last resort when the end is not reached through civil means.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    "..and if you are part of any militia now, you are automatically deemed a terrorists by the criminals on capitol hill."

That would make perhaps over 125 million American terrorists running around loose based upon what constitutes the militia. Congress is going to have one heck of a time controlling them should things really get sour.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    America has become MORE pro-firearm, not less. There is no political will, and not enough political bodies to change that fact.

Yes, we do have some serious issues in this Nation on many fronts but what exactly would the Militia take arms against that a vote couldn't resolve? Civil War ought to be a means of last resort when the end is not reached through civil means.
    You are under the illusion that your vote counts. Proposition 8 is proof it doesn't. They will strike down anything you vote for. You live in a dream world.

So the constitution only matters when it comes to protecting your liberty eh?
    The constitution doesn't protect anything. American people with firearms are the only thing that can protect our freedoms. YOU might be ok with "liberties", but I'll stick to freedom. Liberties are GRANTED, freedoms and rights are not.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    "..and if you are part of any militia now, you are automatically deemed a terrorists by the criminals on capitol hill."

That would make perhaps over 125 million American terrorists running around loose based upon what constitutes the militia. Congress is going to have one heck of a time controlling them should things really get sour.
    That's true, they would have a hard time controlling everyone, but you must actually read the constitution to understand what militia means in this country. Congress has ultimate control of all militias as per the constitution everyone likes to defend. Recent legislation has made it clear that anyone who claims to be part of a militia are terrorists. The president is commander in chief, not just of the military, but all the state militias too!

If you aren't with the crooks on capitol hill, you are a terrorist, and they can kill you and your family without due process, or any other process for that matter. If Obama calls you a terrorist, he can send a squad to execute you at will. Read the legislation I mentioned above and see for yourself. You can't make this stuff up.

You are under the illusion that your vote counts. Proposition 8 is proof it doesn't. They will strike down anything you vote for. You live in a dream world.
    Don't misinterpret my post to think that I am under the impression that the Vote is the end all. There are a number of influences that dilute the vote but the influences are more a product of an uninformed electorate and a political climate of ten second soundbites with little substance other than superficial evocative terms and imagery--both sides use this style of mass media.

A Civil Right ought to never be put to a vote. Now our collective votes should count to road products and such but never Civil Right issues, for instance: Womens Right to vote; African American Male Right to vote; Interracial Marriage--you get where I am going with this.

The constitution doesn't protect anything. American people with firearms are the only thing that can protect our freedoms. YOU might be ok with "liberties", but I'll stick to freedom. Liberties are GRANTED, freedoms and rights are not.
    No privilages are granted. liberty is simply another word for freedom. Don't try and twist my statement around by trying to change the definition.

Don't misinterpret my post to think that I am under the impression that the Vote is the end all. There are a number of influences that dilute the vote but the influences are more a product of an uninformed electorate and a political climate of ten second soundbites with little substance other than superficial evocative terms and imagery--both sides use this style of mass media.

A Civil Right ought to never be put to a vote. Now our collective votes should count to road products and such but never Civil Right issues, for instance: Womens Right to vote; African American Male Right to vote; Interracial Marriage--you get where I am going with this.
    voting is a privilage not a right. For something to be an inaleable right it must be an action that can be done in the absence of civilization and other people. A person in the state of nature has no vote for such a thing is meaningless.

With your examples are you trying to suggest it is ok to take away some voting privilages (as in the case of felons) but women and minorities can't have privilages taken away?

No privilages are granted. liberty is simply another word for freedom. Don't try and twist my statement around by trying to change the definition.
    Ok, so are you going to do anything to defend your freedoms? Doesn't look like it, because they're swiping them left and right.

Liberty is what is granted to sailors when they are allowed free time to go on shore. It's not clear cut freedom, it's something that is granted. The definition has been like this for a long time, I didn't change anything.

Agreed, civil rights should never be voted upon. The point is, the will of the public means absolutely NOTHING when it comes to voting. It's an illusion that makes people think they have a say in things, when they really don't. Not even in elections. You vote for electors, not for presidents. Those electors DO NOT have to vote how you see fit! They can do whatever they want, but that is for people who still believe leaders are voted into office, and not appointed. A lifetime of brainwashing has everyone convinced this government is by us and for us, but it's not.

It really doesn't matter what people vote for, or what opinions they voice. Until they are willing to physically hold the criminals on capitol hill responsible, they will continue to legislate all of our rights away, deem us terrorists, and send hit squads to murder any dissidents. History has already shown what these people are capable of, and the direction they are taking us, but since they wrote the history books, most people are completely ignorant of this. The real problem is, nobody is willing to fight for what is right, so there are no rights. There is only totalitarian authority, with the crafty illusion of the people having a say in their future. The media and hollywood are all too happy to help make sure you believe in this illusion through the magic of television.

Militias as defined by the constitution are under the power of congress and the president. Of course, we can try to form up in some other way, but they will say YOU are the terrorists, and then slowly kill you all off or put you in federal prison. The illusion of a government run by the people must be completely smashed and destroyed. Then we can get on to discussing how we will solve the problem.

None are so helplessly enslaved as those who believe they are free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast