• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you all think about American Militia....and martial law.

Beretta92FSLady

You are under the illusion that your vote counts. Proposition 8 is proof it doesn't. They will strike down anything you vote for. You live in a dream world.

Don't misinterpret my post to think that I am under the impression that the Vote is the end all. There are a number of influences that dilute the vote but the influences are more a product of an uninformed electorate and a political climate of ten second soundbites with little substance other than superficial evocative terms and imagery--both sides use this style of mass media.

A Civil Right ought to never be put to a vote. Now our collective votes should count to road products and such but never Civil Right issues, for instance: Womens Right to vote; Negro Male Right to vote; Interracial Marriage--you get where I am going with this.

Daylen

The constitution doesn't protect anything. American people with firearms are the only thing that can protect our freedoms. YOU might be ok with "liberties", but I'll stick to freedom. Liberties are GRANTED, freedoms and rights are not.

No privilages are granted. liberty is simply another word for freedom. Don't try and twist my statement around by trying to change the definition.

Daylen

Don't misinterpret my post to think that I am under the impression that the Vote is the end all. There are a number of influences that dilute the vote but the influences are more a product of an uninformed electorate and a political climate of ten second soundbites with little substance other than superficial evocative terms and imagery--both sides use this style of mass media.

A Civil Right ought to never be put to a vote. Now our collective votes should count to road products and such but never Civil Right issues, for instance: Womens Right to vote; Negro Male Right to vote; Interracial Marriage--you get where I am going with this.

voting is a privilage not a right. For something to be an inaleable right it must be an action that can be done in the absence of civilization and other people. A person in the state of nature has no vote for such a thing is meaningless.

With your examples are you trying to suggest it is ok to take away some voting privilages (as in the case of felons) but women and minorities can't have privilages taken away?

XD9mmFMJ

No privilages are granted. liberty is simply another word for freedom. Don't try and twist my statement around by trying to change the definition.

Ok, so are you going to do anything to defend your freedoms? Doesn't look like it, because they're swiping them left and right.

Liberty is what is granted to sailors when they are allowed free time to go on shore. It's not clear cut freedom, it's something that is granted. The definition has been like this for a long time, I didn't change anything.

XD9mmFMJ

Agreed, civil rights should never be voted upon. The point is, the will of the public means absolutely NOTHING when it comes to voting. It's an illusion that makes people think they have a say in things, when they really don't. Not even in elections. You vote for electors, not for presidents. Those electors DO NOT have to vote how you see fit! They can do whatever they want, but that is for people who still believe leaders are voted into office, and not appointed. A lifetime of brainwashing has everyone convinced this government is by us and for us, but it's not.

It really doesn't matter what people vote for, or what opinions they voice. Until they are willing to physically hold the criminals on capitol hill responsible, they will continue to legislate all of our rights away, deem us terrorists, and send hit squads to murder any dissidents. History has already shown what these people are capable of, and the direction they are taking us, but since they wrote the history books, most people are completely ignorant of this. The real problem is, nobody is willing to fight for what is right, so there are no rights. There is only totalitarian authority, with the crafty illusion of the people having a say in their future. The media and hollywood are all too happy to help make sure you believe in this illusion through the magic of television.

Militias as defined by the constitution are under the power of congress and the president. Of course, we can try to form up in some other way, but they will say YOU are the terrorists, and then slowly kill you all off or put you in federal prison. The illusion of a government run by the people must be completely smashed and destroyed. Then we can get on to discussing how we will solve the problem.

None are so helplessly enslaved as those who believe they are free.

Outdoorsman1

I have recently been watching and doing some research on martial law being invoked in the U.S. and the taking away of our civil liberties.... like being forced to give up all our weapons in an event of a terrorist attack or any large scale event on our homeland. I was wondering what everybody thinks about this and what would you do if this were to happen. I myself would never give up my constitutional rights that Ive earned. Just want to see if I'm just crazy or do you think this is the reality that we live in.

Like they did in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina...???

You are not crazy... the "reality" is already here....

Outdoorsman1

Dreamer

The reserve militia[SUP][3][/SUP] or unorganized militia, also created by the Militia Act of 1903 which presently consist of every able-bodied man of at least 17 and under 45 years of age who are not members of the National Guard or Naval Militia. (that is, anyone who would be eligible for a draft).[SUP][2][/SUP]

The problem I have with the age stipulation on inclusion in the "unorganized militia" is that I'm over 45. Does that mean that in the event that the government (State or Federal) decided to take guns away from the People, that they COULD take firearms owned by law-abiding citizens who were "too old" to be considered eligible for membership in the "unorganized militia"--meaning anyone over 45 years old?

I don't like that one bit, and I imagine there are a lot of crusty old-timers like me who feel the same.

Fundamental human rights should not have an age requirement...

shenanigan13

Like they did in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina...???

You are not crazy... the "reality" is already here....

Outdoorsman1

I believe this too... I was researching all the 600 empty prisons they have around the country as well. They are all fully staffed at all times but do not hold anybody in them. They are to be used as FEMA concentration camps in the event martial law is imposed. This is what got me doing my homework on this subject.

georg jetson

I believe this too... I was researching all the 600 empty prisons they have around the country as well. They are all fully staffed at all times but do not hold anybody in them. They are to be used as FEMA concentration camps in the event martial law is imposed. This is what got me doing my homework on this subject.

"600 empty prisons they have around the country"?? Cite?

ncwabbit

I am sorry, but I am afraid, if history provides any insight, in an insurrection or declaration of martial law or overthrow by military/civilian means, citizens won’t have courts or other constitutional protections per se but rather quick judgments leading to dissent’s execution.

Good heavens, historically, look what has recently happened (last 5 years per se) in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Turkey, Pakistan, etc. when the military authorities or citizens are over their government’s misdeeds and feel the need to replace their government... the government initiates martial law and then in most cases violence takes over as both sides try to reassert their need for control.

Hell, last year the Governor of NC declared martial law when the state got covered by a massive snow storm…by state law, concealed carry was suspended!

Sorry, I do not advocate nor support any insurrection by any faction…but I also am someone who has traveled the world and watched first hand what happens to citizen’s constitutional protections when the government’s infrastructure is challenged by those the infrastructure feels are a threat.

wabbit

ps: remember one country's terrorist is another's freedom fighter...

sraacke

Oh Hells YES!!! How do I Get Hired For This Job? I was a state corrections officer at a large prison which housed everything from lifers to minimum security inmates. I would love a government gig where I didn't have to conduct head counts (because there are no inmates to count), where I didn't have to do strip searches (because there are no inmates to strip search), where I just stand my post all day with my fellow corrections officers in empty dorms and up in towers watching empty yards. That would be sweet. Even if the pay sucks, heck, it's not like you are actually doing anything. Beats digging ditches. I'm on some discussion forums for corrections officers/prison guards. I would have thought that by now I would have heard at least one of the guards who works at one of the 600 empty FEMA prisons bragging about how cush his days are. How he transfered from a Federal or state prison where he risked getting attacked by inmates and having to deal with the drama there and now he's riding the FEMA gravy train. I can see it now, empty prisons with no inmates doing chores and performing upkeep. Nobody mopping the floors or cutting the grass. Unless they are bringing in contracters to take care of this. Then you'd think that someone on BillyBob's Lawn Care would be tweeting about the cool FEMA contract they have cutting grass at an empty FEMA Prison. Right?
My BS meter pegs every time someone wants to bring up the subject of empty prison camps. It wasn't real back during the big Militia movement of the early 1990s and it's not real today.

XD9mmFMJ

Oh Hells YES!!! How do I Get Hired For This Job? I was a state corrections officer at a large prison which housed everything from lifers to minimum security inmates. I would love a government gig where I didn't have to conduct head counts (because there are no inmates to count), where I didn't have to do strip searches (because there are no inmates to strip search), where I just stand my post all day with my fellow corrections officers in empty dorms and up in towers watching empty yards. That would be sweet. Even if the pay sucks, heck, it's not like you are actually doing anything. Beats digging ditches. I'm on some discussion forums for corrections officers/prison guards. I would have thought that by now I would have heard at least one of the guards who works at one of the 600 empty FEMA prisons bragging about how cush his days are. How he transfered from a Federal or state prison where he risked getting attacked by inmates and having to deal with the drama there and now he's riding the FEMA gravy train. I can see it now, empty prisons with no inmates doing chores and performing upkeep. Nobody mopping the floors or cutting the grass. Unless they are bringing in contracters to take care of this. Then you'd think that someone on BillyBob's Lawn Care would be tweeting about the cool FEMA contract they have cutting grass at an empty FEMA Prison. Right?
My BS meter pegs every time someone wants to bring up the subject of empty prison camps. It wasn't real back during the big Militia movement of the early 1990s and it's not real today.

I bet the 50 million Russians who were slaughtered in the gulags were making jokes like yours before it happened. Thankfully, the same people who took over Russia are now destroying the U.S. one peg at a time. If you're wanting a job with them, bring your hack saw, because they like chopping their victims to bits. No need to clean up, they left blood dried inches thick on the floor, so all you'll need is some good rubber boots. I'd quote you what it was actually like with bits of brains and bone everywhere, scalps sticking to the wall, women with their babies cut out of their stomachs, people nailed to the ceiling by the fingers, some chained down with hot lead poured in their mouths, some having their eyes gouged out with hot pokers. This is real history...keep saying it won't happen. We're headed there right now.

georg jetson

I bet the 50 million Russians who were slaughtered in the gulags were making jokes like yours before it happened. Thankfully, the same people who took over Russia are now destroying the U.S. one peg at a time. If you're wanting a job with them, bring your hack saw, because they like chopping their victims to bits. No need to clean up, they left blood dried inches thick on the floor, so all you'll need is some good rubber boots. I'd quote you what it was actually like with bits of brains and bone everywhere, scalps sticking to the wall, women with their babies cut out of their stomachs, people nailed to the ceiling by the fingers, some chained down with hot lead poured in their mouths, some having their eyes gouged out with hot pokers. This is real history...keep saying it won't happen. We're headed there right now.

Well... you said there are "600 empty prisons they have around the country". You've been given a chance to cite a source for this. Instead, you ask us to belief another story. State the source for the "empty prison" allegation and then we MIGHT think you have something to say worth believing.

Edit- 600 prisons. 50 States. = 12 per state. There should be one near any one of us.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Not so far fetched as you think. There are treaties now being signed and going for ratification to the Senate to dismember our Constitution. If we sign these treaties then the world court could very well disarm us, period, end of subject. All treaties signed by the President and ratified by the Senate are law.

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/dick-morris/209283-obamas-assault-on-america

The authority granted by the constitution to sign treaties does not override the constitution itself.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The problem I have with the age stipulation on inclusion in the "unorganized militia" is that I'm over 45. Does that mean that in the event that the government (State or Federal) decided to take guns away from the People, that they COULD take firearms owned by law-abiding citizens who were "too old" to be considered eligible for membership in the "unorganized militia"--meaning anyone over 45 years old?

I don't like that one bit, and I imagine there are a lot of crusty old-timers like me who feel the same.

Fundamental human rights should not have an age requirement...

No, because "a well regulated militia" is only a stated reason for the second amendment, not a prerequisite.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Well... you said there are "600 empty prisons they have around the country". You've been given a chance to cite a source for this. Instead, you ask us to belief another story. State the source for the "empty prison" allegation and then we MIGHT think you have something to say worth believing.

Edit- 600 prisons. 50 States. = 12 per state. There should be one near any one of us.

There's way too much money in the prison business to leave 600 of them empty! :eek:

XD9mmFMJ

I did not say anything about there being 600 prisons, that was another poster, but keep thinking it's a game. There is proof of detention facilities, some of which have already been put to use under different circumstances. Whether there are 600 or not, I don't know. I'm pretty sure the commies had plenty of facilities, even makeshift facilities when they slaughtered 50 million Russians. The more important issue is, will they do it again, and will they do the same here? The answer is a resounding YES, because those same commies run America, and are heading us in that exact direction. History does repeat, anyone who actually knows what happened knows this. Unfortunately, those raised in public schools don't know the whole story, only what they were told. Heck, in the Katyn forest massacres, they didn't need no stinking facilities. They simply marched people up to a hole in the ground, blew their brains out, and let them fall in the hole. In Armenia, they simply marched 3 million people into the desert and starved them to death. In the Ukraine, they just took all their food and nearly 7 million people died as a result of it.

Last edited:

G30Mike

I have tinfoil hats for sale....just sayin.

PALO

No, because "a well regulated militia" is only a stated reason for the second amendment, not a prerequisite.

correct. it's what is referred to as a prefatory clause, and was a not uncommon usasge in colonial times

other examples exist, in govt. documents and elsewhere. well documented in prof. volokh's "commonsense 2nd amendment" (he's a leading legal scholar and teaches at UCLA).

iow, the 2nd amendment refers ot a right belonging to THE PEOPLE, it says "the right of THE PEOPLE"

in every other amendment, the people refers to... individual rights.

even some very antigun liberal scholars, like larry tribe admit that the 2nd amendment recognizes an individual right, NOT limited to militia members, HOWEVER one defines the "militia"

note: larry tribe is against RKBA as POLICY, but he is honest enough to admit the 2nd amendment references an individual right. when even strong ANTIgun legal scholars concede the meaning of the 2nd... well, the argument is over. it's inarguable