• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call from Sam Graves?

chakragod

So a few weeks ago I decided to take some initiative and email Sam Graves. Most of the email consisted of things pertaining to Bryce's arrest and charges (no names, or I would have asked permission =P), but also about local municipalities regulating Open Carry in general. A few days ago I received a call from Sam Graves office from a man named J.P., wishing to talk with me about my email.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I was just wondering what to expect...like a nice chat about law or him just pushing political garbage down my throat in a 'vote for me' manner.

chakragod

Out of curiosity, what did he talk with you about?

He didn't actually talk to me, he left me a message on my cell phone saying that he wanted to discuss my email about gun control and open carry. I'm going to try to call him back tomorrow.

HYRYSC

That has happened to me before, they usually just want to let you know that they are considering all possible angles etc. Some calls I have received try to tell me that my position does not have all the facts, others just listen and state that they will be reviewing the data. Most of them are pretty generic, but occasionally you can get a live wire.