• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Open Carry Flyers & Information Cards - STICKY

Glock27Bill

imported post

Here's an extract from Federal law found at http://www.fedcoplaw.com/html/federalfirearmslaws.htm
4. Hand Gun Possession

a. A person under 18 years of age is a juvenile under Federal law and may not possess a handgun or handgun only ammo, §§ 922(x)(2), (x)(3), & (x)(5), but exceptions exist, see Section C.11.

b.Possess - A person 18 years of age or older may possess a HG (pistol, revolver).

c. Purchase - A person 18 years of age or older may purchase a HG from a non-licensee (not a gun dealer) who resides in the same State as the purchaser.

d.Gift / Loan- A person 18 years of age or older may receive a HG as a gift or loan from a non-licensee who resides in the same State as the recipient.

e.Outside State of Residency - A person may not receive a HG from a non-licensee who resides in another State, except by:

1) Will or intestate succession, § 922(a)(5)(A) giver, § 922(a)(3)(A) receiver, or

2) Via temporary loan or rental for lawful sporting purposes, § 922(a)(5)(B), or

3) The non-resident may deliver the HG (see § 1715, HGs non-mailable) to a FFL in the receiver’s State for purchase from the FFL, § 922(a)(2)(A).

f.It is a felony violation to willfully violate the residency laws: § 922(a)(5) transferor’s violation, § 922(a)(3) receiver’s violation, up to 5 years in prison.

[align=left]
[/align]
[align=left]This is from an ATF site here: http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/pdf/quikgid2.pdf[/align]

[align=left]VII. SELL, DELIVER OR TRANSFER TO JUVENILE[/align]
[align=left]
[/align]
[align=left]18 U.S.C. § 922(b)(1)
prohibits a Federal firearms licensee from selling or[/align]
[align=left]delivering a firearm or ammunition to a person under 18, and prohibits selling[/align]
[align=left]or delivering a firearm other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition other than[/align]
[align=left]for a shotgun or rifle, to any person under 21. Punishable by up to 5 years.[/align]
[align=left]
18 U.S.C. § 922(x) makes it unlawful, with exceptions, to sell, deliver or[/align]
[align=left]transfer a handgun, or ammunition suitable for handguns only, to a juvenile[/align]
(person less than 18 years of age). Punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment.

[align=left]
So it seems that the only applicable Federal Law addresses the sale to an 18 year old by a dealer, or to under 18 by anyone "with exceptions."[/align]
[align=left]And once again we are in the land of "it's legal unless otherwise restricted by state law," which isas it should be, as .gov does not grant rights, it only takes them away.[/align]
[align=left]PS: IMNAL;)[/align]

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Tess wrote:
...the information you see in The Defender on pages 5-6....
I re-made the cards now with THAT information on the back. So now they look like this:

ocinfocard.jpg

back-1.jpg

ed

imported post

OK.. my "NEW" info cards are done.. (thanks for the suggestions).. The back is really tiny print but if you have your glasses on at least it's a reference. If anybody wants some just send me a self addressed stampped envelope and I will send you a handful.

Ed's OC Info Cards, PO BOX 16143, Washington, DC 20041-6143

:dude:

ed

imported post

I dunno.. I searched gun and pistol and it no longer comes up.. maybe the anti's got to the,.. I might have it blacnk on the pc at home. PM me an e-mail address and I will try and find the blank for you.

C45P312

imported post

ed wrote:
OK.. my "NEW" info cards are done.. (thanks for the suggestions).. The back is really tiny print but if you have your glasses on at least it's a reference. If anybody wants some just send me a self addressed stampped envelope and I will send you a handful.

Ed's OC Info Cards, PO BOX 16143, Washington, DC 20041-6143

:dude:

Still doing this?!

I just had my first negative experience in a place many of us local to me OC at.

Do you have paypal? I can paypal you now for the cards.

Harper1227

imported post

ED - I don't know if I thanked you enough for the cards you gave me at the OC dinner. I have already handed out 3-4 of them and gotten some good responses. keep up the good work! :celebrateI may need to send you an envelope soon :lol:.

PS, when's the next dinner?

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Actually, I would like to Paypal you enought to make an order of 1000 just for my stock..